Red Days Red Day- is this ok?

Hi everyone,

i have done SW before and lost nearly 3 stone and loved the diet- i followed Extra easy.. however i have since been married and on hooneymoon ect and just piled weight back on! soooo....
i am back on SW (although dont get paid for another week so wont be attending class for another week or so) ..
i am going to attempt a few red days to try speed up weight loss at begining (as carbs are not my friend)
so jsut trying to remember the diet, could you let me know if this sounds correct for a red day:

Breakfast: 1 alpen light bar (out of HEB)
Lunch: Homemade butternut squash soup (butternut squash, onions, garlic, carrots, chicken stock)
Tea: (will be more of the above soup as i am at college straight from work) with 2 ryvitas (HEB)
Snack 1 alpen light bar (rest of HEB)
Milk in cup of tea (from HEA)
Snack: 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

So HEA : Milk and HEB: alpen bar and ryvitas.

does that sound ok?

when i have been paid i will buy more bits and prob try and have maybe bacon, egg and a slice of bread (HE) for brekkie or 2 weetabix (HE), chicken salad lunch and maybe a curry or chilli for tea (instead of having it with rice i will have on a bed of veg)

its my HE i am more unsure of, do these sound ok?

Also what lunchs/ snacks do you have on Red days? (i find green is much easier for things like a bachlors packet pasta ect but really want to do a week or 2 just on red days)

Thanks for all your help and advice in advance ladies

It looks a bit more like a Green day to me. Try to make the most of the free food meat and fish - I know meat can be pricey but perhaps a packet of Lidl smoked ham as well with your lunch. The extra protein should come in handy or you may find you aren't eating enough to keep your metabolism up.

Don't forget you can have 2xHEA on both Original or Green. You could have a bit of cheese, or what I've started doing is having a second lot of milk at night for a winter-warming mug of cocoa :)

Also, don't be afraid to use more syns - 5.5 for a whole day is quite restrictive and you may find the temptation to have a blow-out more often! I don't see any fruit in your day - fruit is your friend, fill up on speed & superspeed fruit early in the day and the weight should positively fly off!

If your ryvitas were original ones you can have 4 as a heb. Other than that it all looks fine. As poster above has said, it's not really a 'red' day as such cos there's no meat, its more of a either red or green day!

To give you an idea I'm doing red today and this is what my day looks like
Breakfast - porridge made with muller light greek cherry heb and half syn
Snacked on banana orange grapes apple and pear through morning
Lunch - 4 ryvita and 2 mini tubs philli light with sliced ham hea and heb
Home made roast veg soup (BNS, onion, pepper, tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree and oxo cube)
Muller light greek toffee half syn
4 chocolates 12 syns
Tea will be slow cooked pulled pork (2 syns for nando's marinade rub stuff on it) with lots of SF veggies.
Second HEA in tea through the day

Thanks guys,
to be honests, when i ws on SW before i did eat more fruit and meg ect but i literally woke up this morning and thought ... i am going back on SW so just literally ate what i already had in the cupboard!
tomorrow i am thinking this will be better:
Brekkie: Poached egg on toast (HEB)
Snack: Alpen light bar (HEB) and some rasperries
Lunch: Chicken and bacon salad
Snack: alpen light bar (HEB) and a muller light
Tea: Chicken curry (made from SW mag with broccoli and mange touts)

thank you for your replies and help though guys its always nice to see other peoples ideas and recipies!!!

Hi Lolly - welcome back :)

I think your food for the first day whilst on plan, was maybe a tad light but as you said, you just decided to start back again!

Food for your second day is looking loads better. The other posters are right, you want to fill up at meal times on fruit/veg and lean meats if you're on red and definitely use those syns especially if you're just joining again as you want to have something that gives you flexibility to cut back on when you're more settled into the plan and closer to target.

There's a fab thread on here specifically for red day menus/meals/chat - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/315826-red-day-thread.html

Have a look on there for some inspiration - the food diaries are great too. You could even start one if you want to keep track of your meals/snacks and get some feedback from others on your choices.

Wishing you the best of luck! xx

hi

thank you for the link i will take a look :)

thank you for your advice. i have decided that until i go shopping next week i will do EE as i have lots of pasta ect in .... then once shopping i will be hitting the Red days ( it was either do EE for a few days or nothing at all, so better to eat EE than rubbish)

Back