Red day meal ideas needed!

ChubLock

Silver Member
Well I'm a fussy bugger...

Erm, I only tend to eat tuna and chicken (and some other white fish) and I'm struggling to decide what to have with my chicken and tuna on a red day, cos usually I'd have them with a jacket potato or pasta/rice/cous-couse but these aren't free on a red day are they?

I would like to be inspired on what I can have to accompany chicken. I can't just eat a pot of chicken can I?!

So, I'm just

Well I'm a fussy bugger...

Erm, I only tend to eat tuna and chicken (and some other white fish) and I'm struggling to decide what to have with my chicken and tuna on a red day, cos usually I'd have them with a jacket potato or pasta/rice/cous-couse but these aren't free on a red day are they?

I would like to be inspired on what I can have to accompany chicken. I can't just eat a pot of chicken can I?!

So, I'm just
You could have chips made out of butternut squash they are sooo tasty. Or omelet or a stirfry of your fave veg. :)

There is a great recipe on the "Free - 7 day trial" page of the website. Bacon and Sausage fritata - bit like an omlette - yum!!

Mixed grill is another idea :) We add pinapple and banana but be careful as if you cook them they turn to the dreaded syns!

Hehe - well, I normally eat everything going so may have to try it but I'm still a bit freaked out by it..... says the girl currently eating cold mushy peas straight from the tin with a spoon!

Roasted veg are my favourite, especially cherry tomatoes, and they go so well with chicken - at least they do on my plate!

Veg mash is another good one (Butternut Squash, carrots & Swede)

hi
I just printed off loads from the sw website to try.

the turkey and red pepper burgers look lovely and am definately aiming for them tomorrow

I used to make Fritatta all the time. I'd cut it into quarters, have one piece hot then put the rest in the fridge and have it cold. I'd put bacon, onions and peppers in it.

Back