red day phobia

8pinktink8

I would like to do some red days but I'm just to concerned that I won't have anything to snack on like I can on green days (mug shots, bung a baked potato in, packet rice etc). I'm sure it's psychological but it would be nice to have plenty of reinforcements so I know I have them there if I need them. I plan to make a fritatta but without the potatoes. If I snack on meat, I prefer it to have some flavour rather than just nothing. I like the idea of having both 4 healthy extras to use as snacks if need be. You're culinary ideas would be greatly appreciated X

My fav red day snacks are packets of ham that I can nibble on. I also make bowls of tuna and onion that I can eat when I want.

My fav is the egg and gammon loaf from one of the magazine last year, I cut it into bite sizes and just nibble when I fancy :)

If I cook a chicken I shread the leg/thigh meat and keep it in the fridge to nibble on.

i do mainly red days and like insaniti i snack on ham, boiled eggs is a good one too, chicken drumsticks, as well of course as all all the superfrees :) and yep fritatta is great!!

insaniti...do u have the recipe for that egg n gammon loaf? that sounds yummy!!!

im also a red dayer - you can have potatos as your healthy extra b? 230g as long as the skin is still on! I also like to snack n ham and cooked chicken... I will also have a co-op pitta (HEB) packed with lettuce and chicken for a snack, its so filling!!

Loolahoop I am working but of the top off my head I use:

6 eggs
2 lean gammon steaks or 6 rashers bacon with all fat removed
1 red pepper
1 red onion
A few mushrooms.

Per heat oven 200c/180c fan oven.

Cut up gammon/bacon into small pieces and fry for a few mins to brown.

Cut up pepper, onion and mushrooms.

Beat eggs and put into large bowl.

Add peppers, onion, mushrooms and bacon to eggs and season with cracked black pepper and a little salt.

Spray a loaf tin with a fry lite and pour mixture into loaf tin. Place in center of the oven and cook for 45 minutes.

Can be eaten hot or cold.

If using a large loaf tin use around 8 eggs!

Mini Tina quiches
Cooked chicken
Boiled eggs
Cheese HEX
Ryvitas HEX
Super free soup
Crap sticks
Ham

I'm not a fan of red days as much although I've done a couple this week!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't be worried about a red day, just save your second HE for later in the day, that way you know that you are able to swap to EE if it all goes wrong. I tend to aim for EE each day but have often changed to green or red at the last minute, usually I am writing my food diary and realise i've had all green or red and can have another HE

shellywelly1983 said:
Don't be worried about a red day, just save your second HE for later in the day, that way you know that you are able to swap to EE if it all goes wrong. I tend to aim for EE each day but have often changed to green or red at the last minute, usually I am writing my food diary and realise i've had all green or red and can have another HE

That's a good idea thanks

Mini Tina quiches
Cooked chicken
Boiled eggs
Cheese HEX
Ryvitas HEX
Super free soup
Crap sticks
Ham

I'm not a fan of red days as much although I've done a couple this week!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL Ally - if they're Crap, just don't eat them :8855:
:8855:

I carry tins of mackerel around with me on red days, the ones in tomato sauce etc. Not all of them are free though-few new flavours out can be relatively high in syns eg teryaki so remember to check first.

Also have made a cheese toastie with a HEA and HEB for a snack

Great ideas - might give red day a try myself. I assume if the Egg and Gammon loaf is free on a red day it would be free on EE as well? x

Back