Extra Easy Red days or extra easy

Make sure each meal is half your plate protien, so meat or eggs ect and the other half super free goods, snack on super free foods or meat, have 2 healthy exta b and one healthy extra a choice, and ur 15 syns

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks laurenphillips2012 for your help and guidance.

I'm gradually getting my head around EE and EESP, but want to understand them fully before I actually incorporate either or both into my red and green days. I am right in thinking that EESP should only be used for a limited period at a time, aren't I?

Also, it's probably a dumb question, but you tell me the difference between Supefree and Speed foods?

I think u can doing eesp as many days as you want, I've not heard otherwise, super free foods are all your fruit and veg but there are certain ones that are good for speeding weigh loss and there the super speed free foods, have a like at these

Attachments

• image-195886722.jpg
    image-195886722.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 677
  • image-672996046.jpg
    image-672996046.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 1,289
Thanks this thread is a good help. I am just getting back on it but trying to do it myself and this plan had just got started when I last went to class but I think I'm getting my head round it

I'm confused I have read of people still doing red an green but when I joined my consultant said that's all gone now it's just extra easy I used to do mainly red days as I like my meat I would like to try this sp as it seems like the red days but you only snack on fruit or veg???? Do your meals have to only contain protein an s foods? X

Yes about the meals, not 100% sure on snacks, but think there supposed to be fruit and veg snacks for better results, rather than things like muller light yogs, have a look at the link on first page x

My ex husband joined SW last year and said that the only plan they discussed seemed to be Extra Easy. What he's learned about red and green days is what he's picked up from me. He much prefers red days, says he can't lose on the EE plan and for some reason doesn't seem to be able to get his head round green days, (no idea why). He's certainly pleased with his weight loss, he's dropped nearly 4 stone in a year, which considering he doesn't stick to Food Optimising rigidly - and will frequently 'fall off the wagon', I think is brilliant.

If red days, (or green) work for people, then I think it's a shame if consultants are being encouraged to ignore them. I must admit, when EE first came out, that was all they discussed in my group. But I assumed it was because the plan was new. I never really got to grips with EE, I didn't need to. I'd done so well on mostly red days interspersed with one or two green days every 10 days or so.

I can see the additional flexibility of EE and I'd really like to be able to get to grips with EESP, but I don't think it should be at the expense of red and green days. They work for me and I'm sure work for many others, so I'm hoping they continue to be included as a feature of Slimming World healthy eating plans rather than eventually being abandoned. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a great believer in the saying 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'

My ex husband joined SW last year and said that the only plan they discussed seemed to be Extra Easy. What he's learned about red and green days is what he's picked up from me. He much prefers red days, says he can't lose on the EE plan and for some reason doesn't seem to be able to get his head round green days, (no idea why). He's certainly pleased with his weight loss, he's dropped nearly 4 stone in a year, which considering he doesn't stick to Food Optimising rigidly - and will frequently 'fall off the wagon', I think is brilliant.

If red days, (or green) work for people, then I think it's a shame if consultants are being encouraged to ignore them. I must admit, when EE first came out, that was all they discussed in my group. But I assumed it was because the plan was new. I never really got to grips with EE, I didn't need to. I'd done so well on mostly red days interspersed with one or two green days every 10 days or so.

I can see the additional flexibility of EE and I'd really like to be able to get to grips with EESP, but I don't think it should be at the expense of red and green days. They work for me and I'm sure work for many others, so I'm hoping they continue to be included as a feature of Slimming World healthy eating plans rather than eventually being abandoned. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a great believer in the saying 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'
I agree I don't know why it was changed but when I rejoined an had the beginners talk she said there are no more red an green even if some of the long term members say they have done a red day she's says you carnt there is no red or green now it's all extra easy it must be hard for a consultant that's done it for 20 years to have to just forget about it

I like the idea of the sp days but I am terrible for standing at the fridge with lumps of meat in my hand I'll have to replace the ham packet an just put the fruit bowl in there haha

That saddens me sexyshell135. Especially as I was contemplating rejoining a group to learn about EE and EESP but only as part of my red and green regime. However if Im to be told I shouldn't be doing the older plans, when I know they work, then I'll stick to the support I get here and save my money. Thanks for the warning x

That saddens me sexyshell135. Especially as I was contemplating rejoining a group to learn about EE and EESP but only as part of my red and green regime. However if Im to be told I shouldn't be doing the older plans, when I know they work, then I'll stick to the support I get here and save my money. Thanks for the warning x
It may not be the same for every group but if it's the rules they have to follow they have to follow I do say though watch out for syn changes as products are changing things are either going from free to a few syns or going up in syns good luck lixida on your journey

You can still join to learn about Extra Easy and SP. They just don`t talk about red and green now. When you join you are supposed to do a diary for the consultant for 4 weeks. At least if you do that you will see how well you have picked them up. There are still girls that do red and green where I go and it is not a secret, it is just it is not talked about by the consultants. Most of them now are there for the weigh in and chat.

You may find that it will helo youl

I agree I don't know why it was changed but when I rejoined an had the beginners talk she said there are no more red an green even if some of the long term members say they have done a red day she's says you carnt there is no red or green now it's all extra easy it must be hard for a consultant that's done it for 20 years to have to just forget about it
I'm not sure why your consultant is saying that: SW still have the information on their website. If you go to the "Useful Features" section and search for "Our Other Plans", you will find you can download the green and the original plans as PDFs. SW specifically say in the feature that they know some members love the old plans, and that if they work for you, you can continue to follow them.

Edited to add: the website also states that although new recipe books will only contain EE syn values, lists of green/original syn values will be available to download from the site, as well as green/original values for each magazine.

Last edited:
She just says there is no red or green it's extra easy I've been bk 6 weeks I think an lost 9lb an only done extra easy it dose work I carnt say if I had bigger loses doing the old plans because I can not rember that far back lol but I might do a few red in the plan if people are still doing it

Well done Sexyshell135 my old consultant always used to say we should expect to lose 1 - 2 lbs per week following SW's eating plans and that is exactly what you have done.

As far as EE and EESP are concerned, I have no doubt that they work for some people but from what I have been told and what I've read on here, the EE plans seem not to work for everyone. I KNOW a mixture of mostly red with some green days work well for me and yes, I know that I've been plateauing for months, but that's not been the fault of the red/green plans, it's been because I have gone over WAY on my syn allowance. Huge slices of fresh cream gateaux, white toast slavered in thick butter, bags of nuts, packets of crisps, bars of chocolate, whole packets of biscuits may taste lovely, but they really have no place on any eating plan....not when you are serious about wanting to lose weight that is.

After yet another syn laden day on Sunday, which saw my weight yo-yo upwards again, I decided enough was enough and in order to refocus, I started a food diary. For now at least, it will be full of red and green days with not an EE in sight. OK, it's early days as yet, but it does seem to be helping and, although I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day, I did get on the scales to find after day 1, which was a red day, that I'd lost 2.4lbs. Be interesting to see what happens when I weigh myself today after yesterday's green day.

Today is going to be tough as I'm going to an all day reunion. I'll be in a pub where the only food will be toasted sandwiches made with white bread, crisps and packets of nuts. Might be a tad difficult to find anything that will fit in with any SW plan! Looks like it could be diet Coke and fresh air, so wish me luck

Well done Sexyshell135 my old consultant always used to say we should expect to lose 1 - 2 lbs per week following SW's eating plans and that is exactly what you have done.

As far as EE and EESP are concerned, I have no doubt that they work for some people but from what I have been told and what I've read on here, the EE plans seem not to work for everyone. I KNOW a mixture of mostly red with some green days work well for me and yes, I know that I've been plateauing for months, but that's not been the fault of the red/green plans, it's been because I have gone over WAY on my syn allowance. Huge slices of fresh cream gateaux, white toast slavered in thick butter, bags of nuts, packets of crisps, bars of chocolate, whole packets of biscuits may taste lovely, but they really have no place on any eating plan....not when you are serious about wanting to lose weight that is.

After yet another syn laden day on Sunday, which saw my weight yo-yo upwards again, I decided enough was enough and in order to refocus, I started a food diary. For now at least, it will be full of red and green days with not an EE in sight. OK, it's early days as yet, but it does seem to be helping and, although I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day, I did get on the scales to find after day 1, which was a red day, that I'd lost 2.4lbs. Be interesting to see what happens when I weigh myself today after yesterday's green day.

Today is going to be tough as I'm going to an all day reunion. I'll be in a pub where the only food will be toasted sandwiches made with white bread, crisps and packets of nuts. Might be a tad difficult to find anything that will fit in with any SW plan! Looks like it could be diet Coke and fresh air, so wish me luck

Make your own lil picnic an take with yah it sounds like your heads in the right place to move forward I do think red days leave you feeling less bloated an if you lose control on ee you can over eat I know people say listen to your body when your full stop well if I did that 10 odd years ago I wouldn't be here now all plans work is just a question of focus an no what's changing in products because as I said previously you need to be aware of product changes to buy good luck lixida losing weight is no easy journey x

Yes, I thought of the picnic idea Sexyshell135, but I think the pub landlord might object to that, so I decided to have a large breakfast and have already prepared a chicken salad that I can grab and eat as soon as I get home. That way I wont be temped to nibble on whatever comes to hand while I cook something. It will mean skipping a meal, but hopefully that wont have too much of an adverse effect.

You are dead right on one thing though, my head is definitely in the right place to make progress at the moment. I've not felt this determined - or able - since before Christmas.

At least one good things to come out of the day will be all the walking between bits of public transport as I travel up to central London, so lots of activity compared to waht I normally do. Heading off right now :)

Have a great day ceral bars are good see your from Essex to must be something in the Essex air making us determined

Back