Red Days: Soup ideas

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by shezam, 1 May 2014.

1. shezam

shezam Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Attempting to do some red days, could someone give me some soup recipes please?

I guess most vegetables are free on red?

2. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

One of my favourite (and easiest!) soups to make is roasted butternut squash and red pepper.

I simply de-seed a butternut squash and two red peppers before roasting in the oven with some garlic and chilli. This may take up to an hour depending on the size of the squash. Once roasted, scoop out the flesh and pop into a food processor, along with the roasted peppers. Add a vegetable stock cube and boiling water and blitz until smooth. You can add as little / much water as you want, depending on how thick you like your soup. I usually get about 4 / 5 servings from this - Syn Free on all plans :)
  3. shezam

shezam Well-Known Member

Thank you Stevie, I tried that about a fortnight ago and loved it. Will defo be one of my favourites. Soup is a good way to keep me on track at lunchtimes. :)
  4. NewMe14

NewMe14 Well-Known Member

That is one of my favourite soups also. Always have a supply in the freezer :)
  5. shezam

shezam Well-Known Member

yip going to make a big batch of it today for lunches this week :)