Red, Green or Extra Easy

Hi All

Advise needed please, I'm starting back on Slimming World and previously i've done red and green days and stayed away from Extra Easy as i'm under the impression that you don't loose as much on weight on it! What are peoples thoughts/preferences?

Hello

I'm back on SW after a long break. I do tend to stick with Red days simply because I don't have much imagination :D. My green days consist of mugshot for lunch and beans and egg on toast for tea, but I always find that I feel bloated on Green days.

I love red days - lots of salad for lunch and stir fry or whatever for tea, and am picking up new tips and meal suggestions from here too. I've never really understood EE days but have been reading some diaries on here tonight and I do think the penny may eventually be dropping!! :rolleyes: :D

Good luck with your choices, I look forward to keeping up with your progress!

D xx

Hi Gemma,

Welcome back to SW. Personally I love EE and have found it very easy to follow and with good losses. Almost all of my loss is due to EE with the occasional green day and very occasional red day. I think it's the most 'normal' plan which means (a) that I'm more likely to stick to it and (b) more likely to be able to maintain on it if/when I get there.

However my advice always to people asking is to stick to the plan that you find it easiest to follow. At the end of the day the plan that is most likely to be successful is that plan that you can stick to.

So good luck :)

Gail x

Hi Gemma,

Welcome back to SW. Personally I love EE and have found it very easy to follow and with good losses. Almost all of my loss is due to EE with the occasional green day and very occasional red day. I think it's the most 'normal' plan which means (a) that I'm more likely to stick to it and (b) more likely to be able to maintain on it if/when I get there.

However my advice always to people asking is to stick to the plan that you find it easiest to follow. At the end of the day the plan that is most likely to be successful is that plan that you can stick to.

So good luck :)

Gail x

Hi Gail

Do you have any EE food diaries on here that I may peek at please?
I worry about not having my 2nd HEB to fill me up (usually the 2 Alpen Light bar option - 1 mid morning and 1 mid afternoon to see off the grumbly tumbly...) but the EE does seem a more natural way of thinking (chicken curry tonight but without rice....just doesn't seem right!!)

TIA

D xx

Hi Dawn,

I don't keep a food diary as such but I have recently been putting some of my food down in my 'weight loss diary'. You can find that on the 'weight loss diary thread' - there's usually been food posts in the last 2-3 weeks. If you want, I can start putting down everything from now ?? (although that may not help you much now ?). I'm happy to look at yours if that helps too ? If you have a food diary, point me in the right direction or feel free to post your food on my thread - there are a few people who visit who I'm sure would also comment too.

The extra HexB is the reason that I do some green days because I love my cereal bars and like you usually use my HexB's and often HexA's as snacks but I generally prefer EE because it's more 'normal'. How about trying fruit for mid morning snack (as lunch is looming) and then an Alpen light for afternoon snack which still leaves the second one for later. Do you use your HexA's as milk ?? If not, babybels are quite filling. I also often use my syns as snacks but try to save them for later in the evening which tends to be my 'munchie' (and therefore dangerous !) time.

If I can help in any other way, please feel free to ask :)

Gail x

Hi Gail

thank you for your response :)

I do have a diary on the food diary thread, not sure what the difference is between the 2 :D

I have porridge for my breakfast every day as my first HEB, so if I had alpen lights on an EE day I would have to syn them wouldn't I?? Yes, I love Babybel, I nibble them like a mouse to make them last longer!!

I am going to try an EE day tomorrow as I have just made a huge portion of chicken curry (absolutely delish!) and saved half for tomorrow but it really would have been fab with a portion of rice!
So I will aim to have my trust porridge for breakfast and then for lunch bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms........would that be OK......and for supper the curry and rice. I use my HEA (skimmed milk) for porridge and then 3 cups of tea through the day.

If you do get time to look at my diary maybe once a week or so and put me back on track if you notice I am not doing something correctly, I really would be grateful!!

Thank you once again

D x

Hi Gail

thank you for your response :)

I do have a diary on the food diary thread, not sure what the difference is between the 2 :D

I have porridge for my breakfast every day as my first HEB, so if I had alpen lights on an EE day I would have to syn them wouldn't I?? Yes, I love Babybel, I nibble them like a mouse to make them last longer!!

I am going to try an EE day tomorrow as I have just made a huge portion of chicken curry (absolutely delish!) and saved half for tomorrow but it really would have been fab with a portion of rice!
So I will aim to have my trust porridge for breakfast and then for lunch bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms........would that be OK......and for supper the curry and rice. I use my HEA (skimmed milk) for porridge and then 3 cups of tea through the day.

If you do get time to look at my diary maybe once a week or so and put me back on track if you notice I am not doing something correctly, I really would be grateful!!

Thank you once again

D x

Hi Dawn,

I have put your diary on my list of subscribed threads so will check back over time.

If you have porridge, you would need to syn your Alpen lights but they aren't too bad in syns - I think for the satisfaction 3 syns is definitely worth it :) How many syns are you having a day ?

I didn't used to have anything for breakfast (or just 2 Alpen lights) but then I started having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. I have plenty (usually 1 Muller light and 2 bits of fruit, sometimes 3) with plenty of water or squash and it usually keeps me full until lunchtime. That leaves my Hex's free for later.

Your plan for lunch looks fine - just make sure that you have at least 1/3 superfree on your plate (more if you want) - that will naturally help to limit your calorie intake. For supper - again sounds fine but make sure you have 1/3 superfree. I make anything with a sauce with plenty of veg already in it (so counts towards the superfree) but I now add 1/3 superfree to the plate as well. I didn't used to do that (because I didn't want to) but now I quite like it. I also tend to weigh my rice and pasta (even though I don't have to - and that's a relatively recent thing for me) because as I'm only cooking for 1 person, if I make too much I will eat it all so I cook what I know will satisfy me and then if I ever wanted more (which I haven't yet) then I would be happy to cook more.

Enjoy your chicken :)

Gail x

Back