red or green?

SlimBecca

i've got my second weigh in tomorrow and although my clothes are feeling a bit looser (down to the exercise i've been doing by going to the gym regularly, rather than the diet, i think), i don't think my weigh in is going to be that great. i'm too scared to get on my scales to check!

the only difference from last week is that i've used my syns more this week and i've done a different mix of "days".

during my first week, i did mostly red with a couple of green days. this week, i've done 2 red, 2 green and 2 extra easy, and i feel heavier.

which "day" do you find you lose more weight doing?

i was aiming for 1lb this week, but i'm scared i'm going to stay the same :(

I have done red and green days previously with SW and now I do only EE.
I have looked at my past books and I have lost more or less the same.
I am not a fast loser either way but seeing I lose the same all ways I will only do EE as it's just that, EASY and I will stick to it. I would have started wavering by now if I was on red and/or green and yet I am just as determined as I was on day one.
I don't lose every week. Sometimes I STS and even put on even though I stick to it 100%. Have no idea why, but I try to change things when I do, like drink more water, cut a couple of syns, eat more super speed foods or cut back on grapes etc. It does come off the next week.
It may be slow but I am not dieting, just eating well!

I lost a total of 70lb in 51 weeks and only did green on my previous slimming world attempt
those of us doing green often had better results than those who did original days :)

good luck with it
the people at my group that did both said they felt fuller and less deprived on a carb day - personally I dont think it makes much difference but it will work - there are many vegetarians that do SW just because the green days are geared towards foods we want to and can eat

I've been doing mostly green days with the occasional extra easy day thrown in . I've only been doing SW for two weeks tho so I can't say whether that's the right way for me to go yet. But I don't have much choice as I mainly eat vegetarian food anyway, so couldn't do red days because I don't eat any red meat & only occasionally birdies and fishies :D

From FAQ :)

Which Day Should I Do?

This is completely down to personal preference. If you're a veggie or a vegan then you're probably not going to get the benefits of Red or Extra Easy - doesn't mean you can't do them though!

Everyone's body is different and will respond differently, some people swear by Red, some Green and some Extra Easy. Experiment and see what's right for you.

Some people will tell you they can lose 1st a month on Red, while some people struggle shifting a few lbs, while others will tell you Green is the way to go - as I said before everyone's body is different and will have varying results.

Do I Have to Stick to Red/Green/Extra Easy all week?

No not at all, you can have Monday: Red, Tuesday: Green, Wednesday: Green, Thursday: Extra Easy - whatever combination you want!!

All I will say is that once you have picked a plan stick to it for the entire day. There are two other plans: Mix2Max and Success Express where you can choice which plan you are on at each meal, although these plans are only advised if you have being doing SW for a while and have a soild knowledge of the the main (Red, Green, EE) plans.

You can do Green, Red OR Extra Easy for the rest of eternity, and never deviate, or you can mix it up and have a different plan everyday - it's completely up to you!

If you have only been following one plan and your loss has slowed down or stopped, don't be scared to try a different plan for a few days and see if it helps :)

Back