Red or green?

kjs1628

Surely....
Which do you guys find to bring the better results?

I tend to do 80% green, but wonder whether red actually yields better results. Anyone have an opinion?

I've always been under the impression that green yielded better results, but I have nothing to back that opinion up. I just seem to remember being told that years ago, the first time I did SW. I tend to do mostly green days, but that's more out of convenience than being vegetarian or anything. I'm getting great results.

I lose more on red days. I find them more filling. You just need to plan on red days though.

Just to confuse matters, I always thought that you lost quicker on red days as the green days are more bulky and can slow the weight loss down. That doesn't mean to say you won't lose, it just may be at a slower rate. (I may be completely wrong though - I usually am lol)

I don't do green days very often. Even when trying to lose weight before SW, I don't burn carbs off very fast at all, so I prefer to stick to red days.

I find that if i do just green days my weightloss is slower, so this time round with the plan i have been doing about 4 green and 3 red. I had really good losses one week when i done red, green red green..... I really don'tlike red days though.

I agree that red days take more planning. But they also make me eat far more veg, which can only be a good thing. I do the majority green days because they're easier, but eating loads of carbs seems to go against a lot of other diets, where proteins rule...

Just to confuse matters, I always thought that you lost quicker on red days as the green days are more bulky and can slow the weight loss down. That doesn't mean to say you won't lose, it just may be at a slower rate. (I may be completely wrong though - I usually am lol)

I don't do green days very often. Even when trying to lose weight before SW, I don't burn carbs off very fast at all, so I prefer to stick to red days.

I think your right, as are the others who have said...but I only do green days because i am vegetarian, and just got my 3 stone sticker, after starting at end of April......never had a gain either ;)

I think your right, as are the others who have said...but I only do green days because i am vegetarian, and just got my 3 stone sticker, after starting at end of April......never had a gain either ;)

Wow! Well done you. You must feel really great :D

Initaz

How have you done all that fancy stuff on the left of your page, where it says percentage weigtht loss etc? Would like to see what mine are.

Also, your weight loss is great so far. Well done you!

I personally prefer green days and lost loads when I did all green days. My consultant was also a big fan of green days because it keeps us fuller and therefore less likely to snack. Also gram for gram there's more fat and calories in salmon than a potato.

I think the secret to losing well on green days (especially if you do all green or mostly green) it not to have soo many bulky carby foods. Not all green foods are carby so you coud have things like omelettes and salad (with some toast or bread roll as a B choice) or lentil soup, mixed bean salad etc. When I had green days all week I would have only one carby meal a day (usually dinner)and for lunch I would have beans, lentils or eggs and I lost lots that way!

Back