red wine

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by tara40, 23 April 2009.

1. tara40

tara40 Loves Jensen Ackles

could you please let me know how many syns are in a standard glass of red wine.
  2. red1983

red1983 Well-Known Member

125ml glass is 4.5 syns - 175ml glass is 6.0 syns according to the syn section in the book hun kxx
  3. tara40

oh my god, i think i will be cutting down on the red wine when i join next week.
  4. red1983

red1983 Well-Known Member

Don't worry - i had a few glasses at the weekend and still lost. You will be fine!! xx
  5. Rachella

Rachella Well-Known Member

spirits are less syns (mixed with diet sodas of course) so if you like spirits then that's good because you can drink more spirits than wine within your daily syn allowance... not that I'm saying you should drink everyday!!!! :eek:
  6. paperclip

paperclip Well-Known Member

I find it easier to think in terms of bottles of wine (!) - a bottle is between 24 and 26 syns... easier than when you don't know how big your wine glass is!
  7. lauryloo

lauryloo Well-Known Member

thats scary!! I could easily polish off a bottle on a saturday night!
  8. tara40

thats great information. if i say it is 26 pts then i usually have just under half (hubby drinks more, guzzler). but i only have a bottle twice a week. then that isnt too bad.