Reddress diary

RedDress2011

I started the holford diet plan on Monday and just getting back into the swing of it--but I do not weigh myself because about 6 months ago I joined a gym and started attending five classes a week and my weigh did not alter although I was following a low GL diet ---I was so down and became obsessed with the scales and was about to relinquish my gym membership but instead (as someone suggested) my DH hide the scales --and low and behold 5 months later my clothes got baggy and i started buying clothes in a size smaller --so I can not go back to the scales because if they are not showing a loss I fall off the wagon --and it has been great over christmas as I don't know how much weight I have put on but as I have not been to the gym for a fortnight and have eaten all the bad beige things and my jeans are tight -I know I have put on inches :confused:. So you won't see any weights from me but more comments like trousers fell down today (I wish)!!

Mon
B: granola and yogurt
L: mackerel/salad/rye bread
s : 2 p dark choc
D: pork medallions/salad
s : apple/peanuts

Tues
B Granola/yogurt (late not working today)
L 2 eggs/rye braed
D: Fish curry/rice
s:2 p choc

Back to work tomorrow have got some fruitus bars for my break:eek:

Onwards and upwards

Hi - looks like you're making a really great start to this diary. :)

I think when doing a lot of exercise inch loss is often more motivating as your body changes composition. So good for you working out what suits you best and sticking to it! :)

Welcome back reddress! Inch loss is just as good an indicator of your progress. We can be too focussed on a number on a dial so it is great to have a few performance indicators. Good luck for the coming week.

Thanks for your support

Today
b; granola and total yogurt (8)
L :salad, hummus and 3 oatcakes &2 plums (10)
s fuitus bar (5)
D : Lentil/lemon soup fromPH book (was delicious) and rye bread, then blueberries(on offer in sainsburys) and spoonful of yog (10)
s apple and handful of peanuts (5)

and skimmed milk in tea

I am going to struggle to give up my cups of tea ---do you think it will hinder my weight loss??

Tired today---did not sleep well with the wind which rattles my ariel making it squeak--

B : ususal granola and yogurt/bluberries
s :fruitus bar
L : oatcakes/hummus/salad/2 plums
S: alpen bar-----not planned but needed
d: 2 eggs / ryebread/almond butter/2 sq dark choc
s: Porridge with honey

off to bed as can not keep my eyes open

Hi RedDress, hope you'll get a quieter night tonight. :)

I wonder whether the bars could actually be making you hungrier? As far as I can tell, Alpen and Fruitus both have very low protein contents to balance the carbs out and slow down release of the sugars.

Don't worry though about normally having a snack between lunch and dinner - this is recommended. :) (this might sound contradictory of the above but it's not meant to be! I just think other snacks might keep the sugars more even. :) )

I'd agree with Plum. Snack bars can be a minefield. You really need to read the labels. Many of the supposed healthy ones contain much hidden sugars.
I use either the Nakd or Carman bars or the Nairns range of oatcakes and biscuits.
My advice is check the labels of bars you fancy. Anything ending in "ose" is usually sugar in some form.
Good luck

Welcome Reddress! When you're working and dieting, the scales can be quite mean. I take measurements to help me realize how much I've lost on those days the scales are being mean to me.

Ooh.. ive been eating the fruitus bars because they are recommended in PH GL diet made easy .....but your right they don't have any protein in them ...but a GL score of 5 ...unfortunately I have bulk bought as they only seem to sell them in sainsburys, and I don'y go there often ..so i'll have to eat them up..but perhaps try the carmen bars in future.

I checked out the ingredients of the fruitus and they are very natural (yay!) - in fact they look quite tasty and I may look one out to try as a treat. But would still have nuts or a bit of cheese too as otherwise I think I'd feel hungry soon despite them having a measured GL. I find this with Lizzie's granola too, I get hungrier quicker than with an equivalent amount of nutty porridge or homemade granola because there is more sweet stuff in there than I would add. :) Everyone's different though so I'd say do what works for you. :)

Waitrose also do nut bars which are good - very filling.

I know what you mean --porridge does keep you going--its like a duracell battery--
today
B:granola and yogurt
s;2 plums and peanuts
l : bought salad
d : meatballs/tom sauce and small portion of wholemeal spagettii
(and two glasses of red wine--it is friday night after all)

A great day today. Don't feel guilty on the wine. Well done on just a couple of glasses. Remember the 80/20 rule and be good for 80% of the time.

Sounds like you're doing well, and it's good to enjoy the weekend a little too. Like Molly says the 80/20 rule. It really helps:)

Hi All--lazy weekend, gym classess start back tomorrow and have booked in for 6 classes next week !!! I am an all or nothing kinda girl--

Sat
B granola/yog
L pepper/tom soup and oatcakes and hummous
D Chicken kebab
s peanuts and a bottle of larger (oh dear -flaunting that 80/20 rule)

Sun

B bacon sandwich (although only one slice)
L meatballs/ tom sauce and wholemeal spagetti
D chicken salad
s -chocolate (far too much--reminder to self to try harder)

visited tesco today --not my normal supermarket as opposite side of town to me, but all food doctor products on offer --so stocked up on seed mixes and kee-wah meals ---so no excuse next week

Good luck for all that gym work next week.

Wow that's a load of classes! Have to say though, I'm pretty much an all or nothing girl too! Good luck x

6 classes!?! I feel like I'm slacking off now >_<

Hi All
Just back from extreme circuits --a baptism of fire --but feeling happier to be back in my exercise routine-
B : Granola/yog/blueberries/tsp agave syrup (found this in tesco)
L : chicken salad /3 oatcakes
D : small bowl of beef stew (no potatoes)
S: After circuits - rye bread/peanut butter -1 plum

Going to count my 5 a day -as per my january challenge--so 4/5 today

Food sounds yummy, and woot to the gym! :)

Back