Redhead - back on track to slimdom

redhead66

This will be my year
Hello again, some of you may remember me from last year when I began my CD journey. I lost my way due to health problems (nothing to do with CD), and just gave up on my dream of reaching goal for a while. But here I am, stronger and more determined to make this my dream year and finally to finish the journey.

I've looked back on my reasons for wanting to lose weight, and they all still ring bells, so I'm repeating them here to remind me exactly why I'm doing this. Tomorrow is day 1, and I'm not under any illusions that being slim again will miraculously give me a problem free life, but it will remove the issues that are caused by my weight. I want:-
  • To walk into a room with my head held high, rather than hide away in a corner.
  • To feel more secure with my partner. I know he loves me but I can’t help sometimes feeling that he somehow “settled” for me. He once made a passing comment that he only once has dated a woman who turned heads when she walked into the room - and no, he wasn’t talking about me! To him it was a throwaway comment, maybe thoughtless, but not meant to hurt me, and I doubt he’d even remember saying it. It’s eaten away at me for over 3 years because I want to be the woman who walks into the room and turns heads, and to feel his pride at being with me
  • To ease my PCOS symptoms and lessen the need for more surgery
  • To ease the constant pain I’m in from degeneration of the discs in my back, and reduce the amount of medication needed to allow me to lug all this extra weight around
    [*]To get back the confidence I had before I put weight on in my professional life. I’m intelligent, I’m very good at what I do, so why do I let people talk down to me and put me down, and not go for new jobs that I know I could do?
  • To have the confidence to change career and do something more fulfilling. My passion is cooking and I have a dream of starting my own weight management/nutrition consultancy and creating the sort of class I’ve never been able to find. I’ve taken nutrition and cookery courses, but how can I set up a business telling other people what to eat when it’s clear I can’t control my own weight?
  • To be able to walk into any shop and know that I’ll be able to walk out with something more than a handbag or a lipstick
  • To spend less on clothes because I’ll be able to wear all the gorgeous clothes I already have but can no longer fit into
  • To accept invitations to go out and not spend a week panicking about what to wear, and then spending the whole night miserable and comparing myself unfavourably to all the other women there... or worse still, to NOT accept even though I'd really love to go
    To have acquaintances make nice comments about my clothes rather than my jewellery or hair
  • To enrol in the burlesque dance classes - for fitness purposes of course ;)
  • To be able to pounce on my gorgeous other half whenever and wherever I fancy, and not worry about flattening him or how the wobbly bits are looking (sorry probably TMI LOL!)
And so the countdown to day 1 begins. I'm feeling excited, apprehensive and a little bit emotional, but I know I can and will do it :cross:

Thanks Shanny :D You've done so well, it must be great to be near maintenance now... I can't wait til I'm there.

I've nearly made it to the end of day 1, which is one goal down. I'm absolutely freezing and a bit heady, but other than that I've not been hungry. So far I've only had a choc mint shake and loads of water, and I'm just boiling the kettle for a chicken and mushroom soup. I'll have another choc mint warm at bedtime because I find it hard to sleep for the first few days if I go to bed hungry.

Ah well, time for my soup and to go find some socks because my feet are like blocks of ice :(

Hope everybody else is having a good day xx

Hi Readhead great to see you back!!! I'm starting again after alot of ups and down's all to do with my health problems but as you said I am sure lugging around all this extra weight doesn't help my joints and back.

I really got into the swing of it two weeks ago and then had a nasty experience at work that set me back. Infact I didn't binge!!! It had the opposite affect and I found even getting my shakes down difficult. My new day one is tomorrow so we are pretty close together. I will lookforward to chatting to you again and good luck to you !!! (and me) ;) lol

redhead66 said:
Thanks Shanny :D You've done so well, it must be great to be near maintenance now... I can't wait til I'm there.

I've nearly made it to the end of day 1, which is one goal down. I'm absolutely freezing and a bit heady, but other than that I've not been hungry. So far I've only had a choc mint shake and loads of water, and I'm just boiling the kettle for a chicken and mushroom soup. I'll have another choc mint warm at bedtime because I find it hard to sleep for the first few days if I go to bed hungry.

Ah well, time for my soup and to go find some socks because my feet are like blocks of ice :(

Hope everybody else is having a good day xx

Hello lovely it is my first day today on restart!!!! Why do we allow ourselves to do this argggggggg oh well day one over and done with :) have great day two huni speak soon
Luv Sharon xxx

Good afternoon lovely ladies, how is everyone today?

I've had a busy one, so I'm just sitting down to glug some water and put my feet up for a little while before I try to get through the soil in the garden to put some plants in. I think I might be being hopeful though because the ground's rock hard, but at least I'll be burning some calories trying :D

I've gone a little off plan today - nothing particularly bad, and I'm not beating myself up about it, I'll just consider it to be an 810 day and get back on SS tomorrow. My brother rang to invite me over for a lunchtime bbq because my nephew and his wife were taking their 9 week old son over. Well there was no way I was passing up on the chance of adorable baby cuddles! I stuck to one chicken breast and a bit of green salad, and then offered to look after Noah while everybody else carried on eating. As I say, nothing too bad, and well worth it to spend time with my family.

I'm pretty pleased with where my head is today... normally I'd have used the bbq as an excuse for a "sod it I'll start tomorrow" pig out, instead of which I had my breakfast shake, chicken salad for lunch and then I'll have a shake for supper.

We're going away next weekend for a short break, as this year is super busy for my OH and he's going to be away almost constantly all the way through until October. It's great for my diet because I won't have to keep the fridge full of his fave (high calorie) foods, but also quite lonely. He'll get the odd week off here and there, but I've worked out that between now and October we'll probably spend less than 20 days together :sigh: We've booked a cottage, so I can take my bars and tetras and just have an evening meal because we'll be eating out every night.

I just need to keep reminding myself that events like the bbq and weekend away are part of life that I have to learn to deal with and not use as an excuse for pigging out, and then getting into the vicious cycle of self disgust and giving in because I'm such a failure.

Right, off to get my fork and trowel and pretend that I know the flowers from the weeds LOL ;)

Have a good evening lovelies, and I'll look forward to catching up with you later xx

Well done :clap: you made a good choice at the BBQ ! It sounds like you had a good day, not BBQ weather for us here today in fact the whole weekend has been grey and damp! what happened to that sunshine?

Onwards and downwards into tomorrow :)

Aw, that's not good... a soggy bank holiday :( Though I'd settle for some rain at present to treat my poor parched plants to a drink.

I've woken up this morning with a stinking headache, a complete lack of energy, and (strangely) a non-stop runny nose... WTH is that all about?? :confused: It's clear that my day 3 nemesis is here. I've got the worst craving for carbs, so bad that I can almost feel myself crunching on crusty bread and butter... not good :( I should really go to the shop to get a newspaper and a few bits and bobs, but I'm not feeling strong enough, so I think I'll have to read the news online and avoid temptation in the supermarket. I know it's silly, that it's just my mind playing tricks on me, and that it means that the Big K can't be far away, but oh boy it's a struggle :sigh:

Anyhow, enough wallowing, this is my choice... I've chosen to be slimmer, fitter and healthier rather than keep on with my unhealthy habits, so time to give myself a kick up the backside and get on with it.

Have a good day lovelies xxx

Hello again lovely ladies, just a quick update from earlier.

I'm 1.5l of water, 1 shake and 2 coffees down, plus 2 loads of washing and 1 dog walk. Suddenly I found myself with a huge burst of bouncing off the walls energy (well they were very strong coffees LOL ;)), and I thought hmmm, I wonder :hmm:I rushed upstairs, grabbed my Ketostix and.......

I'm well into the pink! Fat burning here I come :superwoman:

Yay!! Good on you lady....I am a CD returner too and much inspired by your post :) xx

YAY, must be a fab feeling! I'm at the headachy/stomach rumbling stage, but hope to be with you in the 'bouncing off the walls' stage soon :D Well done on making it this far!

margarino said:
YAY, must be a fab feeling! I'm at the headachy/stomach rumbling stage, but hope to be with you in the 'bouncing off the walls' stage soon :D Well done on making it this far!

I hope I will toooooooo what a feeling I am about 1-2 litres down just getting ready to have my soup I can't wait to be in the pink!!!! Have great day lovely and well do e for BBQ amazing willpower
Talk soon xxx

We'll all soon be in the pink and on our way to slimdom. Weird isn't it, that we can get so excited about peeing on a little stick :p

Hope everybody is having a good day xxx

redhead66 said:
We'll all soon be in the pink and on our way to slimdom. Weird isn't it, that we can get so excited about peeing on a little stick :p

Hope everybody is having a good day xxx

I hope so Chickadee!!!! Can't remember how long it takes I don't ever remember peeing on stick lol
Xxx

3 days I think :) xx

This is day 3 for me, and I hit ketosis around lunchtime :D

Today has been another busy day. I've done more washing ready to pack away my winter clothes... fingers crossed I'll be giving them to charity before next winter and I've dug and replanted part of the garden, oh boy do I ache!

Tonight I've had a long soak in a scented bath, which was lovely. Normally I'm a pretty low maintenance shower morning/night girl, but I've decided that I'll have a bath in the evenings instead and then to take time to slather on the body cream, Bio Oil etc in the hope that I can avoid too much saggy skin. I know I'm going to have some, but I've read posts where people have sworn by plenty of moisturising... and my skin will be all lovely and soft for my wicked weekend away with my OH ;)

Loads of saggy skin is one of my biggest fears, that and spaniel ear boobs :eek: I've made my OH promise that when I'm at target I can have the puppies made perky again :D OK, I know it's vanity and a small price to pay for a longer, healthier life, but if it makes me feel better about myself then I'm worth it (and I'm pretty sure he won't complain too much either)!

I've just had my last shake, a banana tetra with extra water and then zapped in the micro until it's warm but not boiling, which makes a lovely bedtime drink. Well I must away to bed, it's month end at work tomorrow, so I know it will be non-stop running around.

Here's to another good day for us all tomorrow.

Night night xx

Morning lovely hope you aren't still aching huni after all that work!!! Well I on day 4 now so hopefully I am in the pink!!!!! Have good day at work I know you said busy but if I am busy day goes quicker hehehehehe
Have lovely day and ps hope ya don't get spaniel ears and I am moisturising all the time as well and lifting cream and cellulite cream :) xxxxx

Back