Red's diary - yes, I'm back and I'm going to meetings

Evening Red - so many people have been complaining about being hungry and doing green days to compensate.
Must be something in the air!

Me? Not eating much at all as I've got a tummy bug. Don't expect it will help much with the weight loss knowing my luck though! :cry:

Hope you've had a good weekend and are all refreshed for the coming week.

PS What's salmon like cooked in tomato? Can't say I would have thought of putting the two together.

Pommette the salmon in tomato is amazing. It is actually the sauce from the SW Curry Heaven book so you add curry powder and a half tea spoon of sweetner and just heat up. It just occurred to me that you could poach your salmon in that for a quick tea - and it's lovely. I'm guessing you could add basil to the sauce or other flavours too. I remove the fish skin and cut it into large chunks then just poach. Had it with a spicy salad and bulgar wheat - its a very quick tea and you should definitely try it.

As for the green days it was just that one day, not sure what was going on but I thought the easiest way to stick to plan was go green for a day. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great though and I know your husband hasn't been well either has he? How is he doing?

I was at the mother in laws yesterday and took my own lunch - just to save hassle and I got the classic 'I thought you were on a diet, how can you eat all that?' which I have to tell you was a little hurtful. I HATE people commenting on my food - always have, goes back to school I guess. I'm better than I was but I was kind of mortified. I'm sorry to say I didn't toughen up but instead made some comment regarding the fact they had all just eaten sausage bacon and black pudding on white rolls and although my portion of salad (and it was mostly salad) looked big it certainly wasn't as fatty as what they had eaten. I should just have shut up though. I had a little knee-jerk reaction.

Pommette the salmon in tomato is amazing. It is actually the sauce from the SW Curry Heaven book so you add curry powder and a half tea spoon of sweetner and just heat up.
Is it really that simple? If so, deffo gonna try it!

Yes just that and poach the salmon in the sauce. Takes minutes. Actually posted it properly in you diary but it is super simple - I expect to hear whether you liked it or not. Its so easy there's no excuse ;-)

Last edited:
This is today - the stir fry sauce was a new one for me - root ginger, garlic crushed, finely chopped red chilli, lime zest, lime juice curry powder and veg stock from a SW recipe book. It was very nice and free - I will be trying some of the synned ones but I just had all the ingredients to hand for this one tonight:

Monday 18/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberries and banana, 1 orange.

Lunch – .Chickpea dahl loaf and young leaf spinach. Small cup broccoli and cauliflower soup.

Dinner – .Quorn lamb strisp with lots of veg stir fry (veg: broccoli, fennel, pepper, babycorn, sugarsnap peas) with Singapore stir fry sauce (from SW little book of sauces) and rice
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights,

Syns – .

Yes just that and poach the salmon in the sauce. Takes minutes. Actually posted it properly in you diary but it is super simple - I expect to hear whether you liked it or not. Its so easy there's no excuse ;-)

Looks like this could be on the menu for tomorrow thanks chica, as I currently have most of the ingredients for the salad apart from the mango and I can get one of those tomorrow.

That stir fry sauce you had tonight is similar to one I use a lot. Mine is minus the curry powder and veg stock though. I put soy sauce in instead! Marinade some salmon (& or prawns) in it for about 30 minutes and then use the marinade to stir fry the veg and salmon. I told you I like salmon and this is my absolute standard sauce for it! Weird that you should basically have my favourite stir fry sauce tonight!

Small cup broccoli and cauliflower soup.
I did the same as someone else recently. I read this as
small cup of broccoli
AND
Cauliflower soup

Can do the soup (LOVE cauli soup) but not sure about a cup of broccoli on it's own !!!
:8855:

Hey Red,

I'm back!!!!! Thanks for your message on my thread!! Things have been stressful and busy but I'm surviving!! I have gone into more detail on my thread so I won't go over it all again my fingers are getting tired!!!

I'm very impressed and proud of you hun I see you have lost over 1 stone already this is great news!! Your food looks amazing!! I'm going to try your salmon in passata, turmeric and curry powder idea and that stirfry sauce looks packed with yummy flavours so I shall try that one too!!! Any inspiration is always welcome, although I'm failing to keep food diaries at the moment- it's not doing my losses any harm though because I am remaining very focused- I've lost 12 lb in 5 weeks now so very pleased with that! One stone to get back to target, 11.5 lbs to get back to where I was at top of target!

Hope you're well hun, you sound it, and a sunny warmer day in Scotland is just the ticket I should imagine!!

Lots of love,

Hev XXXXXXXX

Hiya Red
Well we did the salmon in the sauce tonight and . . . the jury's still out.
Both hubs and I decided that the sauce was a bit too much for salmon - and we didn't put as much curry powder in as the recipe suggests.
I might try it again with a more strongly flavoured fish or even some beef but sorry to say I won't be having it with salmon again.

I'm sorry you didn't like it Pommette. I guess we all have different tastes, I hope the sauce works for you with something else. :)

Well I'm seriously pissed off today. In my meeting in the midst of people who have been bad ('oh I had a takeaway 3 times this week, I went over my syns every day, have been out for several meals and didn't eat well , went to the chippy twice' - and no I'm not exaggerating) and losing weight. I have done f^&* all wrong and put on 1 and a half pounds.

Add that to what MIL said to me at the weekend and the fact my partner was a **** to me last night and I've pretty much had it right now. Just spent 2 hours crying my eyes out. I'm really fed up. I'm going as I'm about to start crying again.

Oh chica - ((( big hugs )))
I had a BIG crying session last night . . . due to stress from my mother. And I have no hormones whatsoever. They went for a burton in 1991!!!!

Ignore a) the gain and b) the other idiots at class. I'm glad I don't go to one as I would give these folk a great big mouthful of sh1t!
I've had unexpected gains when I've been good but also had totally unexpected losses when I've been bad - ie been on holibobs and eaten like a pig! Our bodies are not machines, unfortunately, and do what they want on occasions.

Just stick to plan and I'm sure you'll be okay again next week.

PS Re sauce - loved the sauce and so easy! So will deffo try it again. Just not with salmon.

Thanks Bev :thankyou:

I'm over it now. I am trying to ignore the gain and I didn't run off and say sod it I'm eating off plan - although I did have 12 syns! :D But that's fine, all within plan. I'm just carrying on and chalking it down to my weird body. I bought the boys cakes the other day -perhaps the smell of them caused the gain???! :p

I hope your mother isn't causing you too much stress - are you ok?

I went to the doctors today anyway, yesterday was symptomatic of my overreactions to stuff recently and I was already booked in to see her about all that and my excema - although I think that flares up when I am stressed.

The thing the sauce is meant to go with is sort of spiced meatballs (involves some mortar and pestle action) but they are lovely, extra lean mince and various spices then cooked in the sauce - would you like the recipe for them?

I have been very remiss in posting my food diary - although I have been recording it. Not sure where I was up to so Saturday to yesterday:

Saturday 02/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .Mixed salad and tikka chicken, bulgar wheat

Dinner – .Hot smoked salmon, broccoli, carrots new potatoes

Snack – .melba toast (3.5) Laughing cow blue cheese, mugshot

Hex A and B – .LC blue cheese x 3, Alpen Lights

Syns – .melba toast (3.5) + 2 glasses wine (12) + Options (2) = 17.5

Monday 18/02/13 – Easy Extra

Lunch – .Chickpea dahl loaf and young leaf spinach. Small cup broccoli and cauliflower soup.

Dinner – .Quorn lamb strip with lots of veg stir fry (veg: broccoli, fennel, pepper, babycorn, sugarsnap peas) with Singapore stir fry sauce (from SW little book of sauces) and rice
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Alpen Lights,

Syns – . 9
Tuesday 19/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango and banana, 1 orange.

Lunch – .cup of cauliflower and broccoli soup - Mushy pea curry with quorn and boiled rice

Dinner – .Mixed salad, jacket potatoes and tuna mixed with quark and spice.

Snack – . Chickpea dahl loaf

Hex A and B – .3 x LC blue cheese, Hi-Fi Lights

Syns – .Options (2) + 6 = 8

Wednesday 20/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, and banana, 1blood orange. (was yum)

Lunch – .cup cauliflower and broc soup – left over stir fry veg and rice (and some leftover bulgar wheat) turned into an egg fried rice with 2 eggs and spice.

Dinner – .bolognaise, omelette (with mozerella – HexA) and 1 LC light (1.5syn) Spinach

Snack – .
Hex A and B – .Alpen lights, mozerella 50g

Syns – .1.5 LC + Options (2) + Hi-fi light (3) = 6.5
Thursday 21/02/13 – Green
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, and banana

Lunch – .LM sausages, courgette, mushroom, onion, tomato, egg

Dinner – .Quorn Swedish style balls with vegetable sauce and wholewheat spaghetti 2 Babybel Lights (HexA)

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .4xRyvita, Hi fi Light, 2 Babybel Light, 3 LC blue light

Syns – .velvet crunch (4) +Options (2) + curly wurly (6) = 12

. . . The thing the sauce is meant to go with is sort of spiced meatballs (involves some mortar and pestle action) but they are lovely, extra lean mince and various spices then cooked in the sauce - would you like the recipe for them?

Oh Yes please - I love meatballs.

Re mother - I'll go and post a rant about her on my thread so I don't block yours up and depress your readers :)

Pommette just going to see your thread. I will post recipe later as I can't locate the book

Friday 22/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, and banana, 1blood orange

Lunch – .2 slice chick pea dahl loaf, some left over kofta curry with spinach leaves and mixed salad and cottage cheese (had to use the cottage cheese as the chillies I put in the salad nearly burned my mouth off!!)
Dinner SF vegetable soup. Wholemeal roll with LM sausage and egg
Mullerlight
Snack – .

Hex A and B – .wholewheat roll, Babybel Lights

Syns – .Options drink (2), Hi fi bar(6), Crackerbreads (3) = 11
Saturday 23/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, and banana

Lunch – .Vegetable soup, chickpea dahl loaf

Dinner – .Bolognaise (contains lots of veg) with salad and courgettes stir fried with garlic. Omelette with mozzarella (HexA 50g) and 1 LC Light triangle (1.5)

Snack – .

Hex A and B – .Mozerella 50g, 2 x Alpen Light

Syns – .LC (1.5) + Options (2) + Special K chewy delight (5) = 8

I went to the doctors today anyway, yesterday was symptomatic of my overreactions to stuff recently and I was already booked in to see her about all that and my excema - although I think that flares up when I am stressed.
Red - dare I ask how old you are? Could the emotional swings have anything to do with changing hormones and perhaps early menopause?
When I came off my HRT my hormones and mood swings were a wonder to behold!
In fact, if I didn't know any better I would have said my crying fits were hormone related as well. But since I said goodbye to my ovaries in '91 it can't be that with me.

Thanks for your support on my fred chica. It really is appreciated.

Last edited:
Sunday 24/02/13 – Easy Extra
Breakfast – . Cous cous, Mullerlight, mango, raspberry and banana – 1 orange

Lunch – .Vegetable soup, left over bolognaise and young leaf spinach leaves (0.5)

Dinner – .salmon in spicy passata, bulgar wheat, mixed salad
Cocopops bar (4)
Snack – .4 Crackerbread + 3 LC blue light

Hex A and B – . Crackerbread + LC blue light

Syns – .Options drink (2) + 4 + 0.5 = 6.5

Back