Reductil?

Oh no! - that's not a good side effect.
How about the weight, has it helped at all?

I have lost 12lbs so far, the first week I was still having cravings but this died down and now I have even gone so far as forgetting to eat! Unheard of for me.
The grumpiness seems to have worn off a lot now I have adjusted but for the first couple of weeks I was snappy and teary, depression can be a side effect and I was actually going to come off them but (touch wood), it seems a lot better now. Still a little grumpy at times but nothing new there! I have been waking up at night sometimes as well so that doesnt help.

Hiya, Orlistat (fat blocker) and Reductil( suppressant) have been available on the NHS for the past 6 years to anyone how has a BMI over 29. They both can be purchased on the internet too on the Reductil and Xenical official websites but the both cost a small fortune. Four years ago i was prescribed Orlistat by my GP but i had to do alot of work too. I lost 2 stone in 4 months but did not like the effects they were giving me in the loo, it actually became very embarrising to the point where fairy liquid had to be carried around at all times! Around the same time my friend was prescribed Reductil. It changed her life completley. Not only did she loose the weight (4 stone) she also had so much energy. I have tried evry diet going, the last one was the Cambridge SS. I found it very hard both physicaly and mentaly. I did losse 1 stone but gained it all back again over 6 months. I go to the gym 5 times a week and I eat quite sensibaly, but that is my problem I eat and eat and eat! I decided to give reductil a go and I am only on my 5th day but so far I have lost 7lbs. The side effects are dry mouth(this encourages you to drink more water) and insomnia. However my insomnia has gone now (thank god) as it only lasts fow a few days. For the first 3-4 days you feel spaced out and quit strange but this is just your brain adjusting to the drug. Reductil are similar to Xiaban that are prescribed for stopping smoking. They release chemicals to the brain to trick it in to not wanting food (or cigarettes) and reduce your appetite. Once you do start eating a bit more after the initial start your stomach has shrunk and you do not need to eat as much. Its like anything else, it is down to you how succesful you are.

Good luck and wish me luck!

I have lost 12lbs so far, the first week I was still having cravings but this died down and now I have even gone so far as forgetting to eat! Unheard of for me.
The grumpiness seems to have worn off a lot now I have adjusted but for the first couple of weeks I was snappy and teary, depression can be a side effect and I was actually going to come off them but (touch wood), it seems a lot better now. Still a little grumpy at times but nothing new there! I have been waking up at night sometimes as well so that doesnt help.

Hey thats a great loss :)
Well done!
Glad the side effects are going too x

Its amazing to think it can cause depression and grumpiness etc... considering it was first introduced as an antidepressant, but was found to be better as an appetite suppressant.

Hi my doctor gave me Reductil. I was on 10mg a day. At first it did seem to affect my appetite although it took two weeks for it to start working but after a month to six weeks my body I think got use to it. I had to have my BP checked every two weeks while taking them with the nurse although I was fine. Some people complain of chest pains while taking them, but I seemed fine but they didnt really seem to work long term on me but then you may be different.
Hope that helps you

hi this is my six day on tablets , so really side effects apart from dry mouth and im awake early which aint a bad thing , im hoping and praying they work , its my last hope before band op , my cousin has lost 22 pounds in 5 weeks with reductil , and following slimming world diet , so hopefully they will work for me , keep your fingers crossed, any tips or advice would be gratefully recieved simmy x

hI

i WAS ON THIS LAST YEAR, IT MADE ME REALLY ILL. I HAVE NEVER HAD HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BUT MY BP WAS SO HIGH I WAS SENT FOR TESTS BY MY GP. ALSO I WAS HIGHLY ANXIOUS IT WAS ALL DOWN TO THE TABLETS AND I WAS ONLY ON THEM FOR A MONTH. SO MY GP TOOK ME OFF THEM AND EVERY THING WENT BACK TO NORMAL. IN ITALY IT HAD CAUSE SOME PEOPLE TO HAVE HEART ATTACKS AND YOU HAVE TO BE MONITERED VERY CLOSELY BY A GP.:):) BY THE WAY I DONT KNOW WHY ITALY BUT I THINK THEY WERE DOING SOME STUDIES OUT THERE ON THIS TABLET.

I have been on reductil three times over the last five years and they did nothing for me whatsoever, the last time my doctor increased the dosage to 15mg but it still made no difference. Like everything it works for some and not for others....xx

glad to say ive lost 5 pounds this week , the side effects are not that bad dry mouth ect , but really pleased ive maded a start , i going to join slimming world and up my exercise , good luck yummymummy , ive heard good things about diet chef , just costs a bit so i think its slimming world for me

hi just to let u know ive lost 7 lbs now to be honest , my family and friends have comment how moody ive become . as any one else had this side affect , i didt think they could make u moody means as they used to be an anti depressant , it aint lack of food because im eating well now , but to be fair i fell very stressed like a boiling kettle , is this common

I don't know about that but if you ever look at the possible side effects of anti depressants they include mood swings, insomnia, loss of appetite etc etc... I was once visiting a friend who had just been prescribed anti depressants and she read out the very long list of side effects and we laughed as the list was everything they were supposed to cure!

Hiya, I've been on them for just over 7 weeks now and have noticed my temper has shortened and i feel very angry. I am aware of it now and try not to get myself in situations that make me feel stressed or agitated. I find going to the gym for a good hour long work out really helps too.I have lost nearly 2 stone so I am determined to stick with it! Deep breathing is a good way of calming and relaxing yourself.

thank u for advice ,i dont want to stop taking them as im sure they will work . i will keep u all posted thanks for advice and support your stars

Back