Refeed week info..

GEEGEE83

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/refeed.pdf

Probably been posted before, but for anyone that hasn't read it, or wants to plan for it.

Has interesting info on ketosis and also water loss and gain when refeeding.

Also, when is refeed week, is it week 13?

Gem x

Yes it is week 13. Some people skip it if they are a week or two off goal, but it is not recommended for much longer due to your body going into starvation mode.

I had done the week break its not same as refeed, you only include a normal meal and a piece of fruit for the week break, you don't start refeed until you are at your complete goal weight unless its changed. x

Ah right, that's good to know then! I'll look into it more when I get close to week 13, thanks x

If you have had a weekend off plan or something in those 12 weeks, do you still need a break week?

The only reason a break week is suggested after 12 weeks is because 12 weeks is the longest time that trials have been held on VLCDs. Some people choose not to take them. Other people (like me!) do the LL approach of adding a pint of skimmed milk a day for a week whilst continuing with the packs, as some people find it hard to get back to packs after having a break week. Other people take a break week and eat whatever - then go back to the diet.

If ou have a break weekend part way through then it's your choice whether to have a break week.

I was thinking of the milk part of Lighter Life earlier, glad you mentioned it, I thought it would be more stable to do it that way than to risk a relapse before I reached goal.

That's how I did it - some people can go back to the diet easily after a break week but I'm not sure that I could have done that. Adding milk just changes things for a week without introducing everything I might have found it difficult to give up again afterwards!

I think I would be the same, probably just would get back in the zone if I came off plan..

Back