Refeeding fear!

phantom

Hi all, I lost 24lb in 6 weeks (5lbs off goal!) & need to refeed for a holiday. The fear of putting weight back on is overwhelming, so I have given myself 3 weeks to do it slowly & methodically. The first 2 days I had 2 x LT+ 4oz chicken breast with leeks baked in foil & 3 small florets of broccoli. Day 3 & 4 I had 1 x LT, lunch tin of tuna with cucumber, red pepper & balsamic vinegar & dinner chicken baked with chopped onion & mushrooms in foil with 3 small broccoli florets. I've only been drinking water, black tea & coffee. Last night I decided to have a diet coke as a treat whilst watching X Factor (it was quite a disappointment as it tasted so artificial). I've tested this morning & I'm still quite strongly in ketosis! I don't understand, anyway I'm going to have a small baked potato today which will hopefully slowly ease me out of ketosis. It's so hard to let go but I need to sort it so I can go away & not put weight back!

You said you tested to see if you were still in ketosis... how do you do that?? :)

im a bit fearful of putting on weight too - just started the refeed on saturday and getting on grand so far! my partner done the diet with me and both of us are doing the refeed to gether - however, he is hell bent on having a scatter of pints on saturday (1week after starting the refeed) but im sooooo afraid he's going to do damage! he wants me to have a couple of drinks with him so he doesn't feel like a knob drinking on his own but i dont want to cause i think its too soon! i was just thinking tho of getting a bottle of weight watchers wine and maybe just having a glass or 2 of that, it wont do much harm will it do you think?

Hi, I use Ketostix that you can buy from the pharmacy - you just wee on them and watch for the colour change (to pink/purple if in ketosis). I spoke to LT they said to stay of booze for a week & to be careful as it loosens your guard!!! I know it does for me I can clear the cupboards after a few glasses of wine so I'm going to wait a bit longer. WW wine should be fine but if you're still in ketosis it'll probably kick you out. I'm still looking at the potato trying to push myself over the line to come out of ketosis!!!! It's so blooming hard to get in & now it's hard to come out!! Really enjoying my food though!

Eek, I started my refeed today. Just had a grilled chicken breast, chopped and mixed with mushrooms, onion, peppers, tomato, cucumber and lettuce (small bowl full) and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Oh my it was delicious but I am so scared of the future. I now realise that TFR was the easy part...! I hear ya on the Diet Coke. I had my first cuppa tea with milk this eyeing and I was so excited about it, but it was a complete let down. I don't know why! Glad to touch base with some other refeed era! Have a good week. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I started refeeding last Thur, I did it properly for the first 3 days then a little more loosely to be honest. My appetite is still very small and I'm kind of going with it. As of this morning I haven't gained any of what I lost back and it's totm so I'm optimistic:)

shrinkingannie said:
I started refeeding last Thur, I did it properly for the first 3 days then a little more loosely to be honest. My appetite is still very small and I'm kind of going with it. As of this morning I haven't gained any of what I lost back and it's totm so I'm optimistic:)

Good to hear Annie, thanks! I'm amazed how filling a tuna salad is now...!! X

Lost 24lb on Lipotrim TFR (100% for 5 weeks) now a healthy BMI so have begun refeed. Eek!

I'm starting to refeed today after losing over 30lb in 6 weeks. I'm terrified as I still need to lose 2.5 stone but due to health reasons, having gall bladder removed last year and now having similar pains they think I've got a stone in my tubes now that I don't have a gallbladder so have been advised to refeed!! I need all the help and motivation I can get please. ?

Hi Ally how are things going? It's very scary refeeding as you become responsible for your food intake! I've done it slowly, started with protein + salad veg at lunch times & progressed onto green veg in the evenings & im still in ketosis.I STILL haven't had my potato or other carbs but will definitely have it tomorrow and I'm going to have milk in my tea. I've lost 2lb this week which I'm really pleased about & I'll be really careful with carbs from now on. I'm not managing to eat much anyway which is great. Hope things are going ok for you too SquishyMc, it's a daunting task but I think if we're careful we'll be fine.

Thanks a million Phantom. Getting on ok but still feel like I'm cheating because I'm eating! Day 3 today so I had 4 small steamed new potatoes in my salad at dinner. They weighed approx 4 oz. There's no way I'd have managed 8 oz. like they suggest!

I'm more worried about moving on from refeed. Being on Lipotrim was the safe and easy part. I'm now undecided how to continue, diet wise, but think I will calorie count using My Fitness Pal and see how that goes for me, before I pay for something like WW or SW. Lipotrim has been expensive enough!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well I'm on night shift so about to have my salad and chicken for what is now my lunch time. I'm defo going to do calorie counting after refeed cause my partner has lost nearly 2 stone by doing it and very little exercise.

Wow! 2 stone is fantastic. I'm going to go to WW, i guess that'll be low calorie too, but im going to stay low carb to help. I've been using an app called target weight too, it's very simple but helps to track weight loss. Potato day for me!! Hope you're all doing ok.

phantom said:
Wow! 2 stone is fantastic. I'm going to go to WW, i guess that'll be low calorie too, but im going to stay low carb to help. I've been using an app called target weight too, it's very simple but helps to track weight loss. Potato day for me!! Hope you're all doing ok.

Sounds like my plan too phantom, hoping to limit carbs. I will still have pasta or rice with a meal when necessary but a small portion (40g uncooked instead of the recommended 75g) as I find this is enough for me once I fill up on lots of veg instead. WW new(ish) propoints plan takes carbs into account hen calculating points so you'll do great! I have a weight tracker app too, love an old graph or two!!

Enjoy your spuds! I'm practically an outcast here (Ireland) because I'm not a big fan! Although I have to say, I enjoyed them mixed through my salad last night. X

allysweetcheeks said:
Well I'm on night shift so about to have my salad and chicken for what is now my lunch time. I'm defo going to do calorie counting after refeed cause my partner has lost nearly 2 stone by doing it and very little exercise.

Wow, 2 stone is amazing! Jealous! How do you find shift work, eating-wise?! I have an interview next week for a great job with amazing pay but it's shift and I'm worried about my eating being all over the place. And my sleeping of course! X

I find it alright but I've been doing it for years. I tend to have my meal when I get up, instead of breakfast as workin in a busy A&E don't always get breaks!! So when my partner is having his tea it's really my breakfast but its my biggest meal and then about 2am in work I'll have what I would normally have at lunch time and then before bed have breakfast. Lol. It's like all backwards but I find it best way. With this refeeding I'm still just having my shake when I get up and today is just my second day, this is morning for me so I'm not sure how I'm going to manage having food again before bed in the morning as I was super full and bloated with tummy pain after my shake before I went to bed!! We shall see.

Ah, that makes sense. If I get the job I might try something similar and eat my meals in the same order whether I'm on nights or days! It's all a big "if" though! Thanks Ally!

No problem. I think it's easier to turn yourself back around to day shift if you do this. I just have to make sure I drink loads of water at work so I don't feel as hungry and pick from the dreaded sweetie drawer that we have!! On nearly every shift someone beings in a massive bag of sweet to keep everyone going when it's busy and pick when we can't get breaks. I just have to keep up the will power I had on TFR and stay away.

How are you all doing with refeed!? I'm so scared about it.. Does are metabolisms still work after being on TFR? Little worried lol are we ok to go onto a calorie controlled diet of 1300 call a day maybe or is that too much for our bodies after being on next to nothing ???

I'm doing my fitness pal for the past 2 weeks and it said I've to have 1200 calories in order to lose 1.5-2lb a week. In 2 weeks of refeeding I've lost 1.5lb which I think is good seeing that we have went from 457 calories to over 1000! Most days I'm not eating the whole 1200 calories and trying to stick to chicken, tuna and veg. I've really limited my carbs intake and I've not had anything unhealthy. I find eating really stressful sometimes as to what to have cause I'm soo scared not to regain any weight and continue to lose the 2 stone I want.
I'm going to introduce a little exercise this week as I've done more or less nothing since starting the diet so I'm hopeful that will help boost the lose. I'm just gradually building my calories up cause I feel if we restrict them for too long then we might Plato out weight lose. When I exercise I'm going to try and force myself to have all the 1290 calories but not eat any of the ones I've burnt. We shall see what happens.

I've also been using MFP since the refeed. I certainly haven't gained any weight! I didn't lose much weight during refeed week as it was TOTM. But I lost a 0.8lb this week. I've now upped my exercise so I'm hoping to lose around a pound a week.

Once you stick to the refeed plan and introduce carbs slowly, I think you will be fine eating 1200-1300 cals a day afterwards. Your appetite and stomach will be a lot smaller so you will fill up very quickly anyway! In fact, my appetite is still much smaller, which I'm delighted about. I had porridge at around 9:30 yesterday morning, and I had to remind myself to eat lunch then at 2:15. Before Lipotrim I would have been snacking constantly and never full.

Best of luck! X

This is reassuring to read! I was so worried about coming of TFR and gaining weight even if i eat healthily... I'm going to do a ten day refeed then just calorie count over Xmas and exercise!
You have both done brilliantly to maintain and loose a little with no exercise.. So with exercise in there too I'm sure u will start seeing losses of 2-3 pound a week!
Have u read about the juud diet.. Think it's called that, u have what u want one day and the next day have like 400 calories, fasting diet. apparently u loose alot on that , thinking it may be worth doin for Xmas day?
Keep up the good work maintaining xxx

Back