Refeeding queries

Yasmine

One last chance
Are you allowed to have say an 8oz potatoe with your lunch and than have pasta for your dinner?

Or is that too much carbs? and how many ounces of lean meat are you allowed? 4-6oz too?

Hiya Yas!

Hope you're doing okay! :)

You only have potatoes/pasta at one meal, the other carbs you can have in the day is the bread/pita/roll/bagel.
I guess there could be an arguement for - if you're not having the bread option to have another serving of the potato option. I'd say be careful though because the potato option is a starchy one, not a complex carb one.
Personally I prefer to have exactly what's on the sheet - it's only for a few weeks after all.

Meat-wise, you're right it doesn't give a weight, just says 'lean meat'. I'm not actually planning on having any red meat in refeed but if i did I think I'd stick to the 4-6oz thing. I find 4ozs plenty for chicken & turkey but would probably need the 6ozs for red meat as it weighs heavier.

Hope this helps hun xx

Cheers Jan. You see on the example on the refeed sheet it says that you can have 1 jacket potato for lunch and then at speghetti bolognaise for dinner. So I was wondering if that was right or not.

Opps! I commented using my sisters account! LOL!!

ive said to my self for refeed only one carbo a day so if i have a potatoe then no bread or rice and pasta but it is confusing huh
Yeah, I wish they'd be more straight forward. Myabe I'll add in more carbs at a later stage. I plan on refeeding for about 3 weeks and a bit.

Cheers Jan. You see on the example on the refeed sheet it says that you can have 1 jacket potato for lunch and then at speghetti bolognaise for dinner. So I was wondering if that was right or not.

TBH Yas I hadn't noticed that - I've been going off the "Day 4-7 each day have ....." list on page 4.

I think maybe that's another question I'll put in the letter I'm planning to write them! Confusing! xx

Cheers hunny :D

looking at the sample menus on the refeed sheet for days 4-7 it says you can have both

sample menu 1

brekkie - shake
lunch - fish fillet, potato, carrots, and 2 tbs broccolli - low fat yogurt
dinner - chicken, jacket potato, salad, fruit or low fat dessert
evening - sandwich - pickles fat free mayo, salad, slice of cold meat
snack - fruit

sample menu 2

brekkie - shake
lunch - sandwich [tuna] and bowl of salad, 2 pieces of fruit or yogurt
dinner - spag bol, serving spoon of veggies and low fat dessert
snack or evening - low fat fromage frais with fruit slices or low fat jelly crystals

looks like you can have at least 2 servings of carbs a day and a mixture of bread and potato throughout the day, just dont have both at the same time - guess

i hope thats right cos that is what i have been doing!!!

Oh I see! thanks for that. How did it go when weighing yourself after the meals you described above??

i gained a pound this week but i havent ever eaten the amount they recommend on the sample menus to be honest - never had a sarni late on like it says or owt.

i would stick to three meals a day for the first week anyways

but i aint no guru on the subject lol

Back