Rejoined Mon, struggling already!

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Hello everybody. As the title says I rejoined monday and am struggling already. SWC wanted me and the six other new members to start on EE. I am worried about eating fruit as I think it leaves me hungry and wanting more sweet foods. I've been eating that badly this week that I expected to have gained or STS. If i'm lucky I'll have stayed the same.

I just cant seem to get my head around it. I know it's a healthy eating plan but I think I am expecting to fail at it like everything else. I was gonna follow original plan and try to reduce my carbs. I am diabetic and reducing carbs seems to balance my blood sugar readings but diets like Atkins etc seem a bit too restricted to me. Is anyone else here in the same boat? Thanks.:)

Follow whichever plan you are happier with. EE is the plan that the consultants are expected to promote, because it is simple and easy to follow. However, it doesnt suit everyone, and you might well be happier having a mix of EE and Original or going all Original. There are three plans because people have different needs. They are all as valid as one another!

I restarted SW on Thursday so I'm in the same situation, and feel I've done awfully haha. I'm doing EE as i find it suits me better. Regarding the fruit/sweet foods, I find that things like grapes, which are free (i think they're superfree...) are good to have around because they're sweet and easy to pick at :)
hope you get on okay at your WI and stay strong!! :)

When I started I was over weight, T2 diabetic, high blood pressure, etc...
Now after doing SW for over a year all my readings are down, my blood pressure is normal and my T2 diabetic readings are almost normal , my daily tables are reduced from 12 to 7 & after next weeks check-up I hope to reduce them even more....
I normally stick to Ee and always have a salad & fruit with every meal except breakfast.

Explain to your consultant about your medical issues and that you would rather do the Original Plan. It's there in the book, no reason why you shouldn't follow it. And if you don't want to eat fruit then don't - it isn't compulsory. Superfree is fruit or vegetables. It doesn't have to be both.

I have had three attempts to edit the above post but just can't get the system to accept the edit. "It doesn't have to be both" was not really what I meant to say. Ignore that bit!!!

Just follow which plan you want to. If the red plan suits you better than follow it. I didn't tell my consultant I decided to do green, just did it lol EE is a good plan and it does work but like others have said it doesn't suit everybody. Follow red if you feel more comfortable x

Did you let your consultant know that you were diabetic? My partner is insulin dependant and his blood sugar has really levelled off since he has been eating slimming world food with me. He eats pasta, bread, fruit etc but there is hardly any processed food in our diet now and so he knows exactly what he's eating. If something has sugar in it's because we've made it sweeter - there's nothing hidden in there.

Your consultant can give you a leaflet about diabetes and SW that should help.

Every one of the plans work so like the ladies above have said, explain your medical needs to your consultant and she should be able to help you.

I love EE but I dont think it's for everyone, it's just what its' name says and is easy so thats why they promote it.

My daughter follows SW and carbs just do not suit her - she switched to original a while ago and the weight is now dropping off her. x

Hello everybody. As the title says I rejoined monday and am struggling already. SWC wanted me and the six other new members to start on EE. I am worried about eating fruit as I think it leaves me hungry and wanting more sweet foods. I've been eating that badly this week that I expected to have gained or STS. If i'm lucky I'll have stayed the same.

I just cant seem to get my head around it. I know it's a healthy eating plan but I think I am expecting to fail at it like everything else. I was gonna follow original plan and try to reduce my carbs. I am diabetic and reducing carbs seems to balance my blood sugar readings but diets like Atkins etc seem a bit too restricted to me. Is anyone else here in the same boat? Thanks.:)

Hi Lynn....remember me for 2008! We were posting chums back then when I was LT.....after a few more kids....I am back on the wagon again!!! Hope you are finding your journey ok this time.....for me its hard as hell!! LOL

Back