Relationship problems (sorry)

Hey you!!! I'm trying to avoid going to uni...t'is my birfday today and it's not fair that I should have to go into uni!! wwwwwah!!!

Had massive row with Gavin last night...I was super calm and trying to explain things and he was going nuts! so he kept hanging up on me so I didn't call him back! at the end of it, I told him what I wanted and that I'm not compromising any of it.

Told him he has to decide now, whether it's yes or no and if he says yes, then he has to sort it now, as in stop smoking now not "soon" and all the rest of my demands. I'm fed up of asking nicely and getting fobbed off (I'll do it soon....I'll do it when I'm ready etc). I'm not putting up with it.

After much trying to wrangle it so that I would adjust things ("Nicole, thats a bit unreasonable, nicotine is more accidictive than heroin" "it's none of your business if I smoke or not" "who are you to tell me to do things") blar blar blar, this coming from the man who branded people who can't give up smoking "pathetic" because he can do it with no trouble at all as he has done so many times before (he claims is a social smoker, apart from he now does it all the time) he said yes he would do everything I wanted....he isn't getting away with contradicting himself!

Power to me!! I did have to put my relationship on the line and I was quite willing to lose it.

I don't want to be moaning at him for the rest of my life and him not hearing a word I say. It's not good for me to moan all the time and it's not good for him to feel like I'm ordering him about all the time! I didn't sign up for this and it's not happening!! thats that!

So will see how that goes. I couldn't have kept on like this, my relationship being in a mess affects everything else in my life it interferes with everything and I can't work properly so I had to have it sorted one way or another. There are a lot of other bits and bobs apart from the smoking that were getting me, stuff with ex's etc but I'm not going to go into all that on here. But thats all been agreed to also so I will be enforcing all of it and if it doesn't happen he's being chucked.

I sound totally harsh and controlling and awful but all of it is pretty simple stuff. He always knew I don't tolerate smoking, getting pissed on a week night, being so drunk that you can't remember , try to start fights with people in the street and you can't wake up for work is not on! I want him to act like he gives a crap and that everything else isn't more important than me.

So there is my rant...don't know if any of it helped you hun but thats whats happened with me!! rant over...time to go and wander about.......:)

Oh Nicole :(
Sounds to me like your doing the right thing.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
birthday01.gif

Hope you had a nice day! and got lots of pwezzies! :p

Sounds like were both in similar situations. Ive tried to chat to him about it but zilch! Maybe they dont realise how serious it is?
men!

Neither of us should put up with it hun, its not fair.
Glad you seemed to get through to him though. Fingers crossed for ya xx

You dont sound harsh, you have given him plenty time to sort it out, so its now or never.

For me, im biding my time...
Its helped to know its not just me lol but its an awful feeling isnt it :(
I will chat to him tomorrow, as he will be drinking tonight..
See what happens.

Have a nice evening sweetie xx
image006676677.gif

Aww knew youd miss me! :p lol
Just seen it :eek::rolleyes::( what a day!

Ive got my fingers crossed that something good happens for you. Am sending gavins car "get fixed" brainwaves as we speak :D

(((hugs)))

Told him he has to decide now, whether it's yes or no and if he says yes, then he has to sort it now, as in stop smoking now not "soon" and all the rest of my demands. I'm fed up of asking nicely and getting fobbed off (I'll do it soon....I'll do it when I'm ready etc). I'm not putting up with it.

After much trying to wrangle it so that I would adjust things ("Nicole, thats a bit unreasonable, nicotine is more addictive than heroin" "it's none of your business if I smoke or not" "who are you to tell me to do things") blar blar blar, this coming from the man who branded people who can't give up smoking "pathetic" because he can do it with no trouble at all as he has done so many times before (he claims is a social smoker, apart from he now does it all the time) he said yes he would do everything I wanted....he isn't getting away with contradicting himself!

:)

Hi Coley,

I had the very same argument thirty years ago with a guy I was engaged too!!!

Anyways...we never made it to the altar, but I did happen to meet him two years ago and guess what?

He never did manage to give up the old weed!!!

He use to give out to me for smoking the ciggies and would say they were much worse!

I stopped smoking the ciggies going on 9 years! They are really addictive and very hard to give up as well...

Never settle for second best.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Princess, what a situation :(

I can only echo what others have said, you can't change him, you can only change how you react to him and how you feel about the situation.

I was in a similar situation 13 years ago when I was few days away from having our baby....6 months later I realised he really was NOT worth it and 13 years later its definitely the right thing!

Ah Debby-doo!! Had to run off there....client early!! does mean I have 20 mins or so to chill now.

I do miss my Debby-doo, you're one of the people I connect with...there are some people who get me and some people who don't and you just do somehow.

Here's hoping you can steer your very own grumpy man in the right direction...gentle prodding may do the trick....or you could scream and withold sex? that might work! they did that in some book I read in Classical Studies...Lysistrata or something....they witheld sex to stop the war (but it would have never worked cause the men were right into bum stuff back then according to my 6th year teacher!) but maybe you could try that....it worked in the book?;)

I hope you are feeling better soon...:( not nice feeling sad about all this rubbish. MEN HUMPH!!!

Hun - as someone who lived with an alcoholic for 17 years (although he never smoked - I did though!!) who also took drugs frequently - I would ask you if you would be happy to be with him when you're 40. I wasn't - which is why I'm divorced.

If not, there's your answer.

Personally, I believe that the frequent use of any illegal drug or booze severely damages the brain - users turn into people you wouldn't recognise.

I think you're worth more than that, hun!

Hi Princess,

I just wanted to echo all the great support you've already had on this thread and also agree with what Isobel said above.

As someone who works with Substance Users everday, I do see the impact it has on partners and families. Heavy or long-term use of Cannabis can induce paranoia, depression and aggression, to name a few. It has also be known to affect the male hormone balance and some users have found they started to develop breasts. I wonder if your boyfriend is aware of this?!

If he's drinking, as well every night, as you say, then it must be almost impossible to find a time to have a constructive conversation with him and I really feel for your frustration hun. 90% of clients I see will ALWAYS blame or try to encourage their partner to "join in" and "stop being boring"....until they are ready to take responsibility for their own choices and make a change.

I hope you value yourself and reassure yourself that this is NOT about YOU...but about HIM.

Love and Best Wishes.......stay strong:)

Lacey....xxx

Just wanted to wish you luck if you decide to speak with your other half this week....:)

Let us know how you get on..:)

Wow lots of brilliant support and comments
Thanks to you all, it means a lot, it really does!! :)
BiB, wow great you got it sorted, Im so glad you made the right choice! :) thanks xxx

Ah wee coley! :p your a mate, so you are!
yeah heres hoping, but then again can people change? or are they stuck in a rut and need a wake up call...
haha the theory of no sex sounds interesting, though to be perfectly honest wont do much good as I refuse to have sex with him when hes pissed out his head :(

will try other plans out and hope for the best. Like I said, i dont want to do anything drastic just yet as it will really effect uni etc.
Hope you feel better too! :D xoxox

Isis Oh I dont think he knows about the breasts?? I shall defo mention it!! But the paranoia is out of this world I tell ya, same as memory loss?
Does my head in! grrr!
And yep he often tries to get me to join in and calls me boring all the time :(

If I can change my eating habits and get healthy why cant he? He has to realise its about give and take.
Though he wont admit theres a problem so i will plod on, thinking of a new approach

thanks Mrs Roch I will get ya all updated :eek:

Love and hugs to ya all! xoxox

Back