Relative Newbie on a long journey wants to say thanks

cupcakeni

Hi folks,

I thought i would take the opportunitiy to write a little about my experience with Xenical and my weight loss journey to date. I was prescribed the little blue pill on the 9th February from a very kind, sympathetic and quite cute doctor. Initally horrified with my weight that date and believe me i was unpleasantly surprised, i left his surgery armed with the confidence and realinisation that for once i had to get off my back side and do something about it. Having only minor successes with about every possible diet ever published i was sceptical. Weight loss isnt rocket science. Eat less expecise more! Easy when you think about it, but if it was so easy, why hadn't i done anything about it. I armed myself with as much material as possible, wrote out a meal planner for the week and shopping list, went to TESCOs to shop for items i needed and i havent looked back. In the first weighin i was really anxious. I hadnt scale hopped once, actually visited the Gym and ate sensibly. I lost 11kgs that first month alone. Now three and a half months later i have lost nearly four stone. It hasnt all been plain sailing but at times when i have been low i have visited the sight and been inspired by the real life stories and experiences of all the contributors. Its great to know that everyone is human and so if i sneak the odd friday Curly Wurly i dont beat myself up about it. I just wasnt to say thanks to all who take the time and effort for everyone writing links, posting before and after photos, for their sense of humour and practical advice.

Hi Cupcake and welcome. What a fabulous story, you have done so well, you must be really proud. Keep posting and you can inspire US. Looking forward to hearing more about how you've done it,

KB x

thanks kittybling. Its a long road im on but at least i see the end in sight or atleast a signpost directing me in the right direction anyhow lol

Hi Cupcakeni, and welcome to the Xenical family :) Well done on your weight loss so far xx

Hello, and welcome :)
First of all - well done on your fantastic weight loss so far. You sound completely 'in the zone' and the results speak for themselves! I know it can feel like a long journey, but looking at your stats it seems that you're nearly half way there already!! :)
Secondly, now you've 'outed' yourself on the forum, you have to stick around ;) It really does help to have the mutual support of all these lovely people. AND posting on here stops you from hovering around the fridge!! :D

Hi Cupcake!

You're doing absolutely fantasically!! :)

hello!

wow you have don soooo well! Well done! You should have posted earlier we like newbies!

Post lots and y not post your own before and after piccies!

Hope your well!
love katie
xxxxxx

Welcome x

Well done on your fab weight loss so far! Xx

thanks ladies for all your support. will get pictures sorted no matter how ashamed i feel of the before lol the current ones aren't that great either lol but its a marathon and not a sprint!!!

Do any of you ladies have an issue with clothes? I'm happy to say that i no longer fit into my old rags so have either dumped them or given the better ones to charity. happies day of my life was when i was walking across a car park and my size 22 jeans almost fell down. I went to Debenhams to buy a new pair and was amazed when 20 was also too big happily now in 18. i could have cried with happiness lol. Have any of you already bought 'goal' clothes?

Have found it difficult this week as me an hubby have decided to call it quits, normally would have raided the biscuit tin, but finding it increasingly difficult to resist the temptation, may just bin them. But every cloud has silver lining and i am getting house valued on WEdnesday so am doing major spring cleaning think of the calories burned lol.

It sounds as though you are managing to remain really positive even though life is throwing loads at you at the moment so well done.
Clothes are driving me mad at the moment, I have nothing that fits me, I bought clothes in January, they are all now far too big, I bought more about a month ago and they are all getting too big too. Not that I'm complaining or anything but I don't want to go and buy any more, such a waste of money!

Well done for doing so well so far :D x

A good place for clothes when you`re rapidly changing weight is Freecycle!!

Have any of you already bought 'goal' clothes?

A have 2 pairs of size 16s in my dresser. Just a bit too big for them at present though

Back