Relieved to be back on plan

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
Never thought I'd be sighing in relief because I've gotten back on a diet. Honestly, I just ate and ate over the week of Christmas, and ended up feeling very "ugh" about it all.
Don't get me wrong; I totally enjoyed every morsel, but... going completely off plan to the point where even my main meals were fat-laden and not counting syns or ANYTHING, didn't feel as freeing as I thought it would.

I'm actually happy to be back on plan this morning. I'm going to go for a walk in a half hour, get this sluggish body back to work!

Anyone else relieved it's all over?
Or are you already missing the sweets and treats?

I totally am with you Mandy :) I have only been back since 1st dec but decided I will enjoy Christmas as the gain will only be excess and will come off quickly.
I was going back to plan but hubby ordered a takeaway last night and I couldn't resist. I am back on plan today and have weigh in tomorrow so will see how I do, it's strange tho feeling happy to be back on plan I never did in the past so maybe it's a sign of good things to come :)

me too!

Yes me too! I'm relieved to stop eating the calorie laden rubbish. I've made a pan of speedy veg soup and had a good day so far. I'm so bloated and only had 3 days off plan. Xmas day wasn't too bad, no alcohol and the only sins I had were the chocolate cheescake and some cheese and biscuits. But had buffet food on boxing day and yesterday was my daughters birthday.

Meeeee, but I have been off plan for a while. My eating habits have got worse and worse over that time. Looking forward to actually eating healthily again.

I've been back on plan since yesterday and also feel so much better for it! I think I've sickened myself of all the rubbish which can only be a good thing. I've done a big online shop for a load more fresh superfree fruit and veg which is being delivered tomorrow and can't wait! I know it sounds a bit weird but eating tons of superfree is making my body feel cleansed, almost like a detox if that makes sense. I feel like I have renewed vigour for the plan since my break and I am back in love with SW! Bring it on in 2012!

I'm glad to be back on it fully with no excuses for all the little extras. I don't think I did too bad and people can't say to me 'oh come on, it's christmas' anymore! No my guilt tripping me into eating extras!!

So glad I'm not the only one to feel so glad about being back on plan. I've done very well today, so far. Even went for an hours' walk. Yay. I too feel like I have renewed interest and determination since WI yesterday and facing up to what the blow-out over Xmas has done to my losses. I'm really looking forward to a good loss next week.
NYE will be a bit iffy, since we're having friends over for drinks, but I'm going to lay out some SW free foods as snacks, and not go overboard on the drinks. Besides... it's only one evening, compared to a whole week. I'm sure I'll be fine.

What are everyone else's plans for NYE?

Well I have had a massive clear out, decluttered the flat. Given away any non SW food and found out my recipe books. Feeling so motivated at the moment :)

As for New Years Eve have volunteered myself to work at the pub I would have been drinking in, Still get to see my mates but earning instead of spending and no overindulging :)

Meeeee, but I have been off plan for a while. My eating habits have got worse and worse over that time. Looking forward to actually eating healthily again.

Me too, I've been off plan for a couple of months and have I put that weight back on and some!!!:cry:

But rejoined tonight instead of leaving it yet another week and I feel sooooo glad and actually looking forward to eating healthy food!!

I'm glad to be back on it as well. Have enjoyed cooking some new SW friendly recipes the last couple of days and am all geared up for the challenge of a very frugal January back on plan, and enjoying my exercise.

im onto my 3rd day back on plan and i already feel so much better mentally aswell as physicaly .. i had almost a week off plan and i ate past myself!!.. i could have easily slipped back into old habits for another week and then i just know it woudl have carried on until id put every last pound back on..its scary to see how quickly i do put weight on though my stomach has been sticking out like im 6 months pregnant!!
i know what you mean when you say about eating all the treats and calorie laden meals didnt feel as freeing as you thought it would... everytime i put a mouthful in i was stressing out in my head about how fattening it was!! and i didnt even taste the gorgeousness in the end as i just seemed to inhale it all..didnt savour it or anything...were i think when ihave a little treat of one thing at the end of the day or at the weekend i really enjoy it as it feels special!

Yes! Enjoyed Christmas, but it's a relief to be back in control! And can't get babysitters for NYE so it will be a quiet one at home, which is not a bad thing!

Charleybabes, I totally agree with you when you say you enjoy the treats more when you've earned them, and are in control of them. Christmas week I felt like the food controlled me, instead of me controlling the food. It snowballed on me, and in the end I didn't even taste the food, like you said I just gobbled it up and wallowed in guilt afterward lol

Back