Rep comments

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Honeyoc, 4 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hi guys, was just wondering - is it possible to respond to rep comments? I've gotten a few and I haven't been able to figure out how to respond. I'm starting to feel super rude not responding to all the kind comments. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i think you could go to their profile and thank them there? xxx sometimes i get repped and dont know who it is! :( x

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How do you actually see them?

5. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Ah thanks Ellebear! Meli on the very top right of your page where it says your name and how many unread posts etc you'll see a link saying you have a new rep comment and when you click, it'll take you to your user control panel page. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see comments left for you.

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It doesnt tell you who repped you though ;) Just the comment you got it for. The idea of repping though isnt to rep cos you got a rep its to do it cos a comment warrants it :)

7. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Oh great stuff, thanks Starlight! I was worried that I'd been ignoring everyone! Good to know that a response is not necessary.

8. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    - itd be nice if it showed the username though. I often forget to add my name.. and its a shame when someone else forgets when repping me as i dont know who it is! - not even to rep back, just to know would be nice! x

9. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I often give thanks but never reps as I don't understand how you give it or what it means:confused:

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    How do you get Reputation Power? (as explained by Mini)

you get one point for every 100 post you do. Also others can give you reputation points. When you have 100 points that then is equal to 1 reputation power. So the more points the more power.

What you can do with them?

If you like what a member has posted you can give them reputation and this then will help their reputation grow.

Some members now have rep power of 1 and others have rep power all the way up to 1700 or more! Which means they can give 1700 reputation points.

Also, grey/black box is neutral is shown by people who give reputation comments that elect not to show reputation, and/or have 0 reputation power.

We do not have negative rep enabled on MiniMins, you can only give positive rep

You can give people reputation points by clicking the

icon

it is at the bottom left hand corner under Avatar.

You can see the comments left for you in UserCP, but not the people who have left them for you.

This is how it usually works as explained by KD.

"If a person with a rep power of 10 approves one of your messages, it gives you 10 reputation points. If a newbie has no rep power and they approve your post, then you won't get any points from them (but it's kind of them anyway )

Your rep power depends on a number of things including how many posts you have made, how long you have been a member and how many reputation points you have.

The quickest way of upping your rep power, is to post loads and approve messages of people with high rep power, so that maybe they will reciprocate. In other words grovel

At the end of the day…it's just a bit of fun. Nothing to take too seriously.

Right....off to do some grovelling "

11. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  12. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a rep comment today, but it doesn't say who it's from - so thank you, whoever you are!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.