Request for weight-loss/exercise advice - new to the forum and to LT

Busyandworking

Hi, I'm new to the forum with a request for views/advice? Forgive the length and detail here but is first-post/introduction/background.

I've just started my 8th week. Weight loss started off great (11st 5lb Day 1, Week1 >> 8st 13lb Day 7, Week 5.

But the last 3 weeks are static even though some of my measurements (hips/arms/thighs) are still going down every week, and I get into more and more of my clothes I haven't worn for 5 years or more (when I was 7 st 7lb on normal healthy diet/lifestyle - I'm only 5' 0").

I did no exercise till 3 weeks ago when I started doing the cross-trainer. But it seems to have stopped my weight loss - or is this a coincidence? I wasn't sure at first whether to exercise or not on LT, but found I had loads more energy after losing all those early pounds and it felt natural to exercise too. Now it seems to have gone wrong?

Someone said my fat's turning to muscle due to the exercise, i.e. I'm burning a pound of fat but it's turning into a pound of muscle? What exercise can I do to burn fat without building muscle? Or should I just stop exercising?

This is the first time in my life I've been on a diet, so I'm very open to forum members' views/experiences/knowledge.

My pharmacy assumes I'm cheating - and I'm not. I've done this 100% from Day 1. I'm not hung up on weighing-scales myself. I feel miles better and I know my body is getting back to my normal size, which is what counts.

But I want to get my weight down for my 'weigh-in's because the pharmacy staff don't interact or support me any more, answering questions etc - they assume I'm cheating. Lately I just go in/weigh/pay/out and no one says anything, they just look into the distance.

I'd really like to understand more if I can. Happy to change anything/try anything. Thank you all.

New member.

Hi, I'm new to the forum with a request for views/advice? Forgive the length and detail here but is first-post/introduction/background.

I've just started my 8th week. Weight loss started off great (11st 5lb Day 1, Week1 >> 8st 13lb Day 7, Week 5.

But the last 3 weeks are static even though some of my measurements (hips/arms/thighs) are still going down every week, and I get into more and more of my clothes I haven't worn for 5 years or more (when I was 7 st 7lb on normal healthy diet/lifestyle - I'm only 5' 0").

I did no exercise till 3 weeks ago when I started doing the cross-trainer. But it seems to have stopped my weight loss - or is this a coincidence? I wasn't sure at first whether to exercise or not on LT, but found I had loads more energy after losing all those early pounds and it felt natural to exercise too. Now it seems to have gone wrong?

Someone said my fat's turning to muscle due to the exercise, i.e. I'm burning a pound of fat but it's turning into a pound of muscle? What exercise can I do to burn fat without building muscle? Or should I just stop exercising?

This is the first time in my life I've been on a diet, so I'm very open to forum members' views/experiences/knowledge.

My pharmacy assumes I'm cheating - and I'm not. I've done this 100% from Day 1. I'm not hung up on weighing-scales myself. I feel miles better and I know my body is getting back to my normal size, which is what counts.

But I want to get my weight down for my 'weigh-in's because the pharmacy staff don't interact or support me any more, answering questions etc - they assume I'm cheating. Lately I just go in/weigh/pay/out and no one says anything, they just look into the distance.

I'd really like to understand more if I can. Happy to change anything/try anything. Thank you all.

New member.

It's a fact that muscle is denser than fat and as you exercise you develop and build up muscle so it is entirely possible that although you take up less room in your skin you could weigh more than you did before. I fully expect to put weight back on once I get back to runing and playing football but I'm not expecting to go up in clothes sizes.

I'm not sure how much exercise would be required to start improving your muscles but maybe this is happening in you. As you say, it's the size that counts probably more than the weight. It's just easier to weigh ourselves than get the tape out!

Weight loss also drops off as you have less weight to lose and you may find that if your exercise increases significantly more than is normal your body can take time to adjust to the larger defecit in energy, trying to hold onto the stores that little bit more.

I'd say keep going as you are. You are happy with your size and you feel better and fitter so why worry. Weight is just a small part of the bigger picture.

Well done on the new you.

*** I am not a expert, I'm just repeating things that I've read over the years. Don't take it as accurate. ***

Hi Hun...
I suspect its becuase you don`t have that much more to lose.... not helpful I know! lol.
Can I suggest you have a chat to Peach Pip and/or Deezer.. (look for their posts) or look on members list. they are both heavily into exercise and had this problem of stagnant weight loss themselves at one point. They are both doing diff diets now I think, but their initial huge weight losses were with Lipotrim.
My friend gave them the advice to eat more! and exercise every other day not EVERY DAY!! as your body needs to rest and Lipotrim remember is Very Low Cal.... we need to respect our bodies as well as get fit... finding a balance is key. I`m also sure that its a bit of an urban myth about muscle weighing heavier than fat... but don`t quote me!! lol
Hope you get some answers hun... not nice to be suspected of cheating when your 100%...

well done hun XX L xxx

Hello... i understand that Lipotrim is such a low cal diet our bodies go into starvation mode and clings on to every ounce... i have had similar, i love to exercise but my weight loss plateaued for a while whilst on Lipotrim which was really dishartening... i am having a little break from it - not sure that is a good thing.. however if you can stick to it, you might notice the weight shiffing again soon... good luck...

Back