1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Resetting For Monday - I've said that too many times..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Strickls, 1 March 2014 Social URL.

1. Strickls

Strickls New Member

Hi all!
    Very new to this, but I think I need some moral support.
    In 2010 I spent a year in Oz.. and put on a stone... too many barbecues and too much bad quality boxed wine! I ended up getting to 11 st 9 lbs and the photos weren't kind.
    I managed to loose 12lbs within about 2 months from Jan 2011, ever since then i've stalled around the 10 st 10 lbs mark.
    Whilst I am physically relatively fit, and eat relatively sensibly, I still want to shift another 10lbs to get down to my ideal weight - and get my BMI bang on central.

I go to the gym when I can but am a sucker for a sugar hit at about 3pm at the office, a glass of red in the evening and something sweet after dinner.
    There's been a couple of occasions where i'm really focused and can loose 5lbs, but then get lazy and frustrated.

The other difficultly is I am currently in the living situation where one of my housemates has/is recovering from an eating disorder, not anorexia so to speak, but a strict control over her diet due to self induced IBS (she hat cut out nearly all carbs and dairy as food groups for well over a year now), she also chronically over exercises, burning more than her intake on a daily basis. As some reassurance to you all she is now receiving professional help and, I hope, recovering slowly.

Subsequently, focusing on my own weight seems worrying and quite dangerous, i neither want to encourage her or make her feel like I am competing, I also scorn the extremity and control she has and really dislike the obsession with food an exercise. Unfortunately food and exercise need to be my focus whilst I try and kick-start a healthy diet and exercise lifestyle and improve my own body-confidence.

Another challenge is that my partner is a semi-professional athlete. He trains every day and competes at the weekend. He is a well built guy and has a great relationship with food. Evenings out and cooking re-fuelling food is something we do together - unfortunately that often means I eat the same time and type of food as him - just without burning the additional 2000 calories he does while training!

What I do know is that at the moment i'm not happy with how I feel or look and need to just start and maintain. Whilst I know the "start on Monday" mantra is silly, psychologically it helps me reset and focus.

Basically I have so many excuses, but looking for support and a space to write down my progress,slips and challenges to keep me motivated.

Good luck to everyone on here!

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Janey2014

Janey2014 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! Good luck with your weight loss :)