Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Resisting Temptation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Docmel, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Docmel

Docmel Member

So there I was, having had a very, very, frustrating morning at work - I went to get my car and bang opposite the car park was a fish and chip shop.

It's at times of frustration and stress when I used to be at my weakest for food and F&C are one of my favourite foods, so........

My hands went to my pockets to see how much change I had - was there enough for a portion of chips???

Then a thought suddenly struck me...it is my weigh in day tomorrow (Thursday) and I will be handing over £50 odd quid for my next weeks supply of CD.....and I was considering ruining my whole weeks work for the sake of a £1 bag of chips.

The question of calories or carbs didn't even come into it....but the 'yorkshire scrooge' in me did...throwing away £50 for the sake of £1 'pleasure'?...no way!!

At that point I got in the car and drove off with another weapon in my arsenal against temptation....hard cash!!! .....as I was driving away I worked out how much my weight loss had cost me so far in fiscal terms....just over £6 for every pound I have lost. That is one hell of an investment considering I have 156 pounds to lose before I get to my target weight.

So people....if you are tempted by that £1.50 cream cake...or that 90p bar of chocolate....just think about the money you may be throwing away when you hand it over for your CD and find you only have lost a pound or two...or nothing!!!

Count the other pounds occasionally.

It may make you think.

Kitteh and edibeedee like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    You said that so well. Thanks for the perspective!
    edi

4. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    what a fantastic post.. thank you for sharing that with us

x x

5. Mistiek

Mistiek Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Thanks for this....

This will now make me think twice.... its a brilliant weapon! :eek:

6. Opeyx

Opeyx Full Member

Start Weight:
    230lb
    Current Weight:
    161lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    69lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    thank you for this, i NEVER looked at it like this before

7. abz

abz Gold Member

i have always had money in mind but i have never thought to calculate how much each lb has cost me... and i daren't. i feel like i've been doing this forever!!

abz xx

8. abz

abz Gold Member

oh my god. so far it's been about £15 per lb... i feel wretched now, ha.

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.