Resisting Temptation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Docmel, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Docmel

Docmel Member

So there I was, having had a very, very, frustrating morning at work - I went to get my car and bang opposite the car park was a fish and chip shop.

It's at times of frustration and stress when I used to be at my weakest for food and F&C are one of my favourite foods, so........

My hands went to my pockets to see how much change I had - was there enough for a portion of chips???

Then a thought suddenly struck me...it is my weigh in day tomorrow (Thursday) and I will be handing over £50 odd quid for my next weeks supply of CD.....and I was considering ruining my whole weeks work for the sake of a £1 bag of chips.

The question of calories or carbs didn't even come into it....but the 'yorkshire scrooge' in me did...throwing away £50 for the sake of £1 'pleasure'?...no way!!

At that point I got in the car and drove off with another weapon in my arsenal against temptation....hard cash!!! .....as I was driving away I worked out how much my weight loss had cost me so far in fiscal terms....just over £6 for every pound I have lost. That is one hell of an investment considering I have 156 pounds to lose before I get to my target weight.

So people....if you are tempted by that £1.50 cream cake...or that 90p bar of chocolate....just think about the money you may be throwing away when you hand it over for your CD and find you only have lost a pound or two...or nothing!!!

Count the other pounds occasionally.

It may make you think.

Kitteh and edibeedee like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    You said that so well. Thanks for the perspective!
    edi

4. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    what a fantastic post.. thank you for sharing that with us

x x

5. Mistiek

Mistiek Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Thanks for this....

This will now make me think twice.... its a brilliant weapon! :eek:

6. Opeyx

Opeyx Full Member

Start Weight:
    230lb
    Current Weight:
    161lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    69lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    thank you for this, i NEVER looked at it like this before

7. abz

abz Gold Member

i have always had money in mind but i have never thought to calculate how much each lb has cost me... and i daren't. i feel like i've been doing this forever!!

abz xx

8. abz

abz Gold Member

oh my god. so far it's been about £15 per lb... i feel wretched now, ha.

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.