Resisting Temptation!

Lighterlady

Hi guys,
This is my second time on CD - I stopped after losing a stone and a half last time, over a year ago, didn't put it back on (well, 2-3lbs maybe), but struggled to start again after I stopped, basically never managed to get back SSing. Well, now I am 9 days into SS, and feeling really pleased with myself, or at least, I was, until just now I ate a piece of bread roll and a ginger biscuit. I wasn't hungry, I didn't need them, I just couldn't stop myself, even though I tried to and I knew what I was doing, I went ahead anyway! Why am I so weak!?
Anyone got any words of advice? I know the best thing is just to stick to it 100% but it is so easy to just eat one tiny mouthful of museli or something, or one bite of pizza, and I can't seem to stop myself. This is why I failed getting back on SS before, and now I am, I don't want to ruin it! Please help!
Anna

It can be really tough I know!!! And i can only tell you what I have figured out for myself.Like you say it's not hunger.........so it must be habit.........or self sabotage which is trickier as we all know we want the weight loss so much why on earth would we do stuff to make ourselves fail? The habit thing is easier to deal with....try and figure out what daily tasks etc you have always attached to food and avoid those rituals....maybe it's reading the paper with a coffee where you would usually have a biscuit etc Or watching TV where you would usually head for a snack from the fridge. If you can, simply dont have those foods around...not always possible if you have to cook for others I know (I do). Try to avoid all those foodie moments for a while untill you get up your confidence. You may not be 100% with it to start with, but every time you can resist makes the next time easier. Dont beat your self up if you go off track...just get right back to it. Some of us put off loads of things because how we feel about our weight and appearance.....there may be some fear involved in taking away that 'excuse' when we will have to walk the talk....that can be scary!! Many other reasons too...but hope this helps a bit. Best wishes.....I have read here that many people do still get great results without doing it all perfectly!!

Back