Resisting the urge

missjojo

Hi - I am new (ish) to this site (more new to posting) and am really wanting to start CD as I am getting married in August and want to look half decent and a lot trimmer. I have tried to do my own version of CD but had no luck. So.. I am thinking of doing it properly and before I commit myself I just wondered how you cope with resisting the urge to eat.. my worst times are when I walk in the door from work.. the fridge calls my name and I always give in..

How do you guys cope with the hunger?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)
Jo

Hi Jo, if you can get through the first 3 days to get into ketosis then you don't feel hungry (its great!). I was advised to cut down on carbs before I started which helps the transition into doing SS. I have actually found that SS is fantastic as I know I can't eat anything so its less tempting than trying to cut down on proper food. If you feel the temptation then get onto Minis and get posting! I wish you lots of luck, I think once you see your first week loss then it makes whatever you have gone through in week 1 worth it! And because you see a loss every week its really motivating (that and coming on here where everyone is fantastic and SO supportive)

Your own version of Cambridge? You must have nearly killed yourself with malnutrition! That would never have worked, you just can't replicate your own version.
Basically you have to really want to lose the weight, you can't do this diet half heartedly, its an all or nothing diet with no room to deviate from the plan.
If you're not in the right place (mentally, not physically) then you won't be sucessful.
And you won't be hungry - CD puts you into something called ketosis which suppresses appetite.
Good luck whatever you choose

MM x

Give it a go, you can only lose lbs. I have my first shake at around 10.15am then the next around 2.15 I go home from work at 3.15 and get in about 5 and I make up my last shake then. I drink water throughout but cut it down after six so I don't have to keep getting up all night. Some people split their packs into six this might help you. I also have mine hot at the moment. Good luck

Hi Miss JoJo
I recently started and am Day4 of SS and am in ketosis.
The first couple of day were a struggle but i didn't give in. I have managed my 3 packs by splitting the powder shake & tetra into 2 and having them at 7.30am 11.30am 1pm and 3pm then getting home and having my soup at 7ish and top up with water. This has really helped combat the hunger bangs .

Having the 4lts is a must and my skin/nails look better for it already :)

Good luck hun and we're all here to help x x x x

you should do it. You have nothing to lose. Have you much weight to lose? you have loads of time before wedding. Im on week 4 this diet is the easiest thing ive ever done I feel great loads of energy etc

Its my first full day of SS today and I KNOW I'm going to be hungry at some point on the first 3 days. Today I was so busy at work this morning i didnt have my first shake till 1pm (ish), just kept filled up on water and my green tea this morning. I will not have another shake now till I get home and have 2 this evening. Its the evenings that will be the biggest hurdle for me but I've read so many tips on this forum to overcome the hunger, like having warm water instead of cold water, splitting packs etc.

At the end of the day a few hrs of hunger isnt going to harm or kill any of us and the rewards are enough to keep me focused.

So the best things I find to resist the urge are:-

1. THINK OF THE REWARDS IF YOU DONT GIVE IN
2. USE THIS FORUM AND THE TIPS AND HINTS INTO IT
3. QUESTION YOUR HUNGER AND WHERE ITS COMING FROM
4. PLAN AHEAD YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE HUNGRY SO PLAN FOR IT
5. GO CLEAN YOUR TEETH, IT REALLY HELPS

T4A

Hi everyone this is my best friend jo whose wedding i will be matron of honor at in aug. i know she is umming and arring this diet but she has seen my results so knows it works.

jo i know you are contemplating doing it and then not doing it because of the cost and hunger but just remember we are all here for you whatever you decide to do. even if you do WW points come chat to me/us we will support you to get to where you want to be by 15th Aug :)
xxxxx

Cambridge works!!

Hi JoJo

I think Cambridge has to be a very personal decision, it is very much an all or nothing diet which works for some and not for others. Although the first week can be tough (although not as bad as I anticipated) it worked for me as I found cutting food out entirely much easier than trying to manage my food intake as with diets such as WW, SL etc. You don't feel hungry once in ketosis and that does make resisting temptation a little easier although you will still have to do battle with the mental cravings.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Georgie
x

I make a mix a mousse.. i love those things!

do what you feel is going to best for yourself and what you can handle. Don't get stressed and worried about it, at the end off the day its you decision. I thought i was going to struggle but its not as hard as u think its going to be. Good luck xx kim xx

Back