Restart after 10 day Break

persephone27

Hiya , Im restarting again after a planned break I was planning on having 2 weeks off , but have planned to jump back on it earlier after putting on 6lbs :( I had been low carbing for a week and managed to put on 4 lbs then had 2 days eating out at the weekend put on another 2 lbs ~ It has made me realise that its not being on the diet thats hardest thing ... Its when you come off it .... If we were all ok with food and had no issues then we wouldnt be dieting in the first place!!!! I thought low carbing would work I was having around 20 carbs a day ( although im a vegetarian and apparently too much dairy can stall weight loss ) ~I thought I would be able to keep it off but no such luck ~ im now panicking about how im going to deal with it when ive lost the weight and have restart eating again what are other peoples plans about refeeding? Feeling very down about it ... gave up smoking too last week as ive got to go into hosp for a minor op next thurs ! never mind I will try and stay positive :)

Last edited:
I do know what you mean persephone. I've been replacing my 3rd pack with a small amount of protein at weekends for the last 3 weeks and having something like 100g white fish and the allowed vegetables, and up until now it's been going ok. My weekend total still comes in at about 700 calories up from about 500 during the week. On Sun am I weighed myself and had gone up a whole pound, and this morning I had gone up by another 0.4lbs. I did wonder if I'd somehow kicked myself out of ketosis but I checked this morning and I'm still firmly in. I'm hoping that it's water retention as I don't seem to be peeing as much as usual but it is a worry for when I start refeeding properly if I can't even manage to have a small low carb / low calorie meal a couple of times a week without putting on weight. Obviously if we were out of ketosis we would have refilled our glycogen stores and with it would come the weight gain associated with that but as I'm still in ketosis and I assume you are I don't know what the answer is.

I suppose all we can do it keep plugging away ......

Well I was thinking the weight I put on that week was perhaps water as I was low carb and still in ketosis but calories were a lot higher as I was having cheese salads with mayonaise etc but the 2 meals I had were def not lowcarb I had paid nearly 25 pound for sat nights Halloween meal ~ so I wanted to get my moneys worth on sat Night and ate not that much but I did have a homemade (by chef) chocolate mousse with almond meringue which was absolute heaven and had some of my homemade raspberry gin so I was definately out of ketosis then for sure hoping I can get this extra weight off in a week but im now so scared of refeeding but im now thinking about switching to calorie counting instead of low carb although it worked for me last time after id done cambridge!

I haven't even started yet (hope to this week) but my plan for re-feeding is to restart slimming world. I'll probably slowly cut down what I'm eating on this (2 shakes 1 meal then 1 shake 2 meals etc.) before hitting slimming world properly. I expect to have gains over the first few week as my body adjusts back however I know slimming world can work for me and will teach me how to eat healthily. I also hope that by the time I get there my stomach will have shrunk through doing this so I won't want to eat such big portions.

yes I found slimming world very good but I couldnt stick to any diet apart form this coz I was so hooked on carbs and felt constantly hungry all the time, at least with this you forget about food after a while ,I think im going to try and get down to 6lbs less than I need too I I think its inevitable that you will put some weight back on when you start eating proper food and gain the water weight too thanks for that CherryBlossom and good luck for your start !!! :)

Back