Step 1 Sole Source Restart.. Again!!

traceywise2002

Hi everyone!

I've been doing Cambridge on and off for a few years with a break in between to have a baby. Everything I restart I'm heavier.

I am now at the heaviest I have ever been and I turn 30 in a few weeks! Also I'm getting married next may which means wedding dress shopping in january. I have 11 weeks until then so want to lose 50 lbs! I know it's a reach but I normally have good losses when I stick to it!

Anyone else starting today? Could do with a buddy or 2!

Tracey xxx

You have an amazing goal which should keep you on track. Congratulations on planning to get married! You can do it. Just remind yourself each time you go to break it that that is your goal. To have the wedding dress you always wanted.

Good luck!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs wk 17- 3.5 lbs wk 18 - 5 lbs week 19 - 5.5 lbs week 21 - 1.5 +

Yaaaay!!! I found you! As you know I'm on Day 17 of my five millionth restart (really? Making up words now? Lol) .... And it's been 2 years since I was this committed; I fully intend to haunt you and be your buddy (you've done it now!). You can do this honey xx

Yeah really great! Just slightly concerned I am out for my 30th on Saturday night with friends, family meal on Sunday and then my actual birthday on Tuesday. Thinking I may have been a bit hasty in starting today as will have to come off all 3 days! I know I don't have to pig out but I won't make good choices once the drinks are flowing!! Xx

Have decided to postpone starting till Wednesday once all the social commitments are out the way. Have been told I'm being taken out for lunch on the Friday and Monday too with different friends. After that I have nothing planned till Christmas! Money is a real issue for us so I need to make the most of my products. Watch this space though! I am 1000% starting next Wednesday! Xx

Happy Birthday Tracey! I need to lose around 50 pounds... That's too much :$ have no idea how its gonna happen. I'm sticking to SS , second day was worse. I was very hungry today and felt tired and lazy. It's good that u r starting after all the social commitments; these can really jeopardize diets. I hope I see some results at my weigh in. I have this bad feeling that it won't work on me hehehe..

Nope znl, it definitely will work. Human physiology is the same for us all: 100% SS induces the body to burn fat stores (believe me I had the same secret fear way back when!)

Keep your focus on a month at a time so you don't get daunted, but let's get this in perspective - 50lbs should take slightly over 3 months (not accounting for the mammoth loss you'll see in week 1) and this is the start of November! By the End of January you should be close to goal!!!!!!! Does it seem more doable now? Lol

Second day is undoubtedly pants (and third day is a pain in the ass) but the minute your body starts burning the stored fat you won't feel hungry and you will feel like the energiser bunny :) Good luck and good on ya for powering through. The hard part really is almost over. x

Nope znl, it definitely will work. Human physiology is the same for us all: 100% SS induces the body to burn fat stores (believe me I had the same secret fear way back when!)

Keep your focus on a month at a time so you don't get daunted, but let's get this in perspective - 50lbs should take slightly over 3 months (not accounting for the mammoth loss you'll see in week 1) and this is the start of November! By the End of January you should be close to goal!!!!!!! Does it seem more doable now? Lol

Second day is undoubtedly pants (and third day is a pain in the ass) but the minute your body starts burning the stored fat you won't feel hungry and you will feel like the energiser bunny :) Good luck and good on ya for powering through. The hard part really is almost over. x

Thank you so much for the support and motivation. I really don't know what to expect from this diet. Thanks for helping me. It seems much doable now.
Tell me about yourself. How much have u lost and when did u start?
Also, Help me with something. I'm doing 100% SS. Do you think I would lose more on this or should I shift to SS+ ?
I can't wait to feel like the energizer bunny :p

Hi love, I lost 5 stone a couple of years ago, and then life got in the way and I didn't do the gradual re-feed and maintenance that is a vital part of the Cambridge plans' success so I piled it all back on over the last two years; I struggled for the last two years to get my mojo back and restart the plan but I just couldn't get past one or two days of SS.

I decided a change was as good as a rest and was going to switch to Lighter Life - 3rd October was my official start date on that, and let me tell you: the shakes, soups and weird little meal thingies were DISGUSTING! I'm not a fussy eater in the slightest (clearly: hence my being fat) and if it's savoury I'm willing to give it a try but jeeez! Those things literally made me gag so I raced back to my Cambridge shakes in a speedy fashion and I think I appreciated the decent flavours so much my head has been in totally the right place ever since - I had a break for 7 days (unintentional: was only going to eat protein and veg for the one day of my Dad's one year memorial celebration/dinner on the 13th, but couldn't get back on SS until the 19th) so I kind of ignore the 10 days SS I originally did from the 3rd Oct (and lost 10lbs) and focus on the solid 100% SS work I've put in since the 19th and I've lost 23lbs in 19 days :D

I'd stick with 100% SS until I'm close to goal and ready to gradually attempt SS+ if I were you but your CWPC can advise you more when you see him/her - I know people still lose pounds on SS+, but I like the quick and easy results of SS without having to even think about food; also, this may be just me, but try your best to avoid 'cheating' i.e. breaking SS and having any carbs. I wish someone had told me that my first time around, and advised me to be strict with myself and fight through until I got to goal and could do the maintenance and gradual re-feeding. Because you know it works, once you have something to eat and take yourself out of ketosis it is soooooo much harder mentally to knuckle down (.... whoops. Sorry Tracey :sigh: - but at least you're doing a controlled 'event' and have a plan to come straight back to it! I just ate once and then scarfed up everything in sight like a pig for the next two YEARS!!) ... resist all temptation if you can znl - come on here and scream for help and distraction ideas instead. Make a plan for Christmas functions and/or dinner with your Cambridge counsellor (maybe switch to SS+ for the day on the 25th?)

You sound like you're getting to grips with it ... there's really no secret formula; just keep doing what you're doing, it's exactly the same as the rest of us on SS are doing, and you'll be fine. xx

Right, sorry to dominate your thread Tracey!! I hope you're having a great day and looking forward to all the fun the 'Flirty Thirties' is about to bring lol xx

Thank you so much ! U were a big help. I'd stick to SS 100%! Thank you for sharing ur experience. And ur weight loss is amazing, in just 19 days :eek: .., I hope I manage something like that :)

Hey Ladies....I am restarting today and I really ready and confident that I can do this a swell as I did it the first time and this time it's gonna stay off......

Lots of luck...and water x

Back