'Restart', motivation-please come and find me!

Angela well done on your restart. I am also a re-starter for the millionoth time and had been lurking on the forum for ages after countless failed attempts to SS. I posted also on Flowey's thread as she too (and others) have been there done and are back again. Today is Day 3 for me and I am taking it hour by hour. I dont' want to waster the two successful days I have achieved on SS. I am hoping if I get through 7 days on SS I will find it easier. All previous restarts I only managed to get to day 3 and then would cave into my emotional drug ....food. Must get ready for work, have glugged two glasses of water and feel postive having had a quick read on the forum this morning. Hope all have a great day today.

Well a couple of blips yesterday and today but not too out of control, been thinking what the reason for eating was and quite simply I think I dislike myself (hence the self sabotage behaviour of eating) more than I want to loose weight and succeed at this diet.

Guess understanding why is half the battle, i know I can do this, Its just that I have to actually believe it!!

Bad weekend which continued into yesterday but going fine today so far, was so tempted to cave in earlier but went out for a walk and that did the trick, felt beter even just after steping outside! postponing my first pack for as long as pos and glugging water down just now. Think It'll be an hour by hour day today.

Yipee, 100% today and being busy at work tomorrow Im sure the day will fly by.

Did my eyebrows tonight, didnt realise how much they needed tidyed up, look loads better now!

So.... I dissappeared and went off plan on a mega binge for the last few days. I could blame pre TOTM but thats just an excuse, I feel so apethetic, I just dont care any more, Im amazed at the ammount Ive packed away yesterday and today, maybe It'll hit me tomorrow but I dont feel guilty about it, I just dont care.
I cant let this carry on. Its likely that Ive replenished my glycogen stores and put weight on but i think I dont really mind about the quick weight loss now, I just want to feel in control so trying to get back on track with 1000 and writing everything down.
Its so easy to think "oh, I'll do SS for 8 weeks then move up..." but it doesnt work like that and my few 100% SS days last week just made me feel miserable and really low, I wasnt that worried that Id been 100%, obviously as I ate and just kept eating.Also, pretty sure that another attempt at SS is just going to make the binge/starve cycle harder to break so a move up is hopefully for the best, I know theres 810 but think I'll go for 1000 plan.

I am worth so much more than this.

Hunny, ss doesn't suit everyone, please don't be too harsh on yourself x

A higher plan could just be what 'your' looking for to help the weight come off

I do ss+ for this very reason as couldn't survive on zero food would crack me up LOL

Best wishes x

I agree SS is not for everyone, try a higher plan and you may find you can stick to it for longer? Whatever you do, don't give up. Keep trying. I completely understand the binge mode. One eats as if there will never be food available again, as if there is no tomorrow. It's certainly what I have been doing on my binges in the past. I have taken control for now but I know if will be a lifelong battle for me and probably for most of us and perhaps that is what you need to understand. It has to click, you will have this issue with food probably always and whatever weightloss programme you choose you have to be able to feel comfortable that you can do it and then go on keep control of what 'you' decide to eat?

Thanks for that Kira, totally makes sense just hope it clicks soon. Today hasn't gone as planned but could have been worse. Will plan some meals for the week from the 1000 3b step to make it a bit more interesting-thats if I can read my book, spilt a cup of tea and the pages have stuck together! must remember to get a new one next Tues at WI.

great day yesterday, crappy day today. think I'll see how WI next week goes and maybe just focus on maintaining for a bit, we'll see. small wriggling son in lap, better go!

Cannot be bothered, dont want to give up though. might move to 1200 after WI, looks appealing to have a more normal day of breakfast,lunch and tea but we'll see. WI tomorrow and not at all hopeful.

Back