Restarted and struggling

Mummytummy85

Hi all.

I did exante over a year ago and manager to stick to it 100%. I have since tried many times to get back on it and failed every time. I really want to do it this time but for some reason don't seem to have the same determination as I did first time round and am finding it hard to fight the cravings and hunger phangs. Night is my worst time. During the day I am occupied looking after my 2 year old but come night when he is in bed, all I want to do is eat! I know distraction would help but to be honest, I spend all day either working or looking after my son, when he is in bed I do just want to chill out for a few hours and watch telly before I go to bed but all I think about is how hungry I am and how rubbish I feel because I haven't eaten. Anyone else facing the same problems? I drink loads of water already. Anyone have any ideas how I can get through this? I'm dreading the next few nights as I work till 4 in the morning and will be up from about 8am so worried that 2 shakes or soups and a bar isn't going to cut it!

Pleas help :(

By saying I'm struggling I mean I had a little blip and caved in. I know we are not allowed to talk about food so won't go into it. Was nothing major only 98 cals but it's the fact that I have slipped I feel like I have mucked up and I'm in the 'I give up' frame of mind. I'm on day 3 and was probably near to getting into ketosis but ruined it now with my nibbling so back to square one?

You'll be fine once you get over thw first 4 days. Just remember how you feel now if you want to eat something or even have chicken or egg so you don't risk ketosis x drink plenty of water and maybe get a relaxing bath when little one is in bed x you CAN do this xx believe in yourself hun it is so worth it xx good luck

Hi mummytummy, how long have you been on TS this time?
I like you are either occupied with my 2 yr old, or work and think about food all night, however I must say my hunger has passed now.
I always say to myself though, if it gets too much, I will have a bit of chicken or egg etc and if I still struggle maybe Working Solution would be a better option for me.
I haven't eaten anything extra as of yet, but the main thing is, if any of us did, we shouldnt punish ourselves.
Hope you feel more positive soon.
This forum has been a god send for me reading that people are going through the exact same thing as me. Tends not to make you feel so alone.
Charlie xx

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi mummy tummy

I'm thinking of going back to exante TS, as having stalemate on current diet. I was successful with exante like yourself in losing weight, and what I remember was that when it was tough I had what I call little cheats, either chicken, egg, wafer ham, tiny cheese or quorn.

The weight still went down, and I did'nt give up, just carried on. The first few days are always the worst, until you somehow get into the zone. Once there it's a bit like magic, and can suddenly feel easy, and the hunger goes. I suppose its remembering this magic time in order to keep going. And also remembering the buzz of looking at the scales and suddenly losing 4lbs all of a sudden.

I think I'll be joining you, and first goal to get to that magic day, when I can say ' I can do his, it's easy'.

Have ordered my porridge, and will then start.

Good luck Mummytummy, keep strong, drink lots of water, black coffee, coke zeros to get through x

Back