Restarted LL!!!!!!! Ist Day

mandy-1975

My Name is Mandy, I did LighterLife in 2006 and lost a total of 7stone 8lb, then I was taken really ill with Gall Stones and and ended up in hospital for a total of two weeks and from then on it just got worse, and I have since piled on all the weight I lost and an extra 5lb!:cry:

I started LL last night and I really want to do this, I have been put forward for the gastric banding but I know this diet works, so i wanted to give it one last try! :sigh:

I want to keep saying I CAN DO IT!!!!! but then I think about food......

My counsellor said last night that it would be really hard the first two weeks, which has really put me off!

If only the people around me knew how hard it is to have a weight problem!.... :( They all think it is so easy, but then none of them have a weight issue

Mandy:pXX

it was the first week was the hardest for me ................ and then week 7 .........give it the best you can do xx

hi mandy

i think you'll be fine...if u done it once you can again....gd luck hone

did you haveGall Stones as a side affect from the LL diet......i started the dirt july 07 and had to come it in oct 07 due to pain in my side...blood test showed there was inflamtion on my liver. im now going for a scan on the 18th jan. just wanted to know if gall stones were a side effect of the LL diet

cyber girl

Hia Mandy,

I was interested to read your thread. I lost about 7 stone in 2006/07 too and have put back two stone. I am trying to get into the right mental frame of mind to get the control back, but it ain't going to be easy.

My mum had gallstones. I remember how much pain she was in for ages before getting them removed. She was given a glass jar with the pesky little stones floating around but strangely, was not impressed! I have been expecting to get them too :eek: but so far, no symptoms:D. It must have ben so frustrating to have your fabulous weight-loss achievement put in jeopardy by such a horrible and painful ailment.

I don't think that doing LL causes them, cyber-girl, and I was doing it for several months.

Good luck with the re-start Mandy. Glad you're feeling positive and geared up for success!

AJ

Hi Mandy
I also lost a lot of weight in 2006 but have regained almost all of it. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling right now and would just like to say I admire you for pulling yourself back up to your feet and preparing yourself for another run at it!

I restarted SSing on CD on Saturday and just hope I can turn this around.
If you need to vent to someone who knows what you're going through then please feel free to PM me :)

Firstly a Big Thank You to you all for replying to me.......

When I was taken into hospital everyone said to me it's because of that crazy diet your like this and when i spoke to the consultant she explained that the diet actually saved my life!!!!!!!!!!!! I had 19 Gallstones and they were ganggreen so i couldn't have them in a jar and if i hadn't got rushed in when i did i would of got septicmie|(sorry about spelling)......... and that losing all that weight actually helped find them, cause if i had been as big as i was, the flab would of probarly masked it!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I only read yesterday on a report about LL that gall stones may be a side affect but it isn't to do with the diet it is apparently to do with losing rapid loss!!!!!!!!!!! so now i don't think it was to do with LL!!!!!!! :)

Hi RussianDoll........... I am really struggling.... trying to think of reasons why it is worth it!!!!!! I am also waiting to hear from hospital to have gastric banding operation! but i wanted to see if this works! now i am like why not just wait!!!!!!!!:(

Last night was awful!:cry:I :cry:&:cry:I got in from work, was feeling really stressed and hungry and my hubby went to golf, I cooked little un's tea I so much wanted to have a spoonful - but i didnt i quickly did two shakes gulped them down and went for a bath!!!!!!!:):clap: felt much better.......

Today however I have awoken with a really bad headache and can't shift it, have not done aswell on the water as i had yesterday! and generally feeling really lowXXX

I wanna give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel really ill!!!!!!!! Just had my dinner and threw up while trying to drink the strawberry shake!!!!!!!!! it was far easier the first time!

Well Guys!!!! I went for a weigh in and have lost 3lb in just over 24hrs:D yes it makes me feel better but i really am not sure i can do this diet! i feel so ill all the time, and this time round the packs are such a strugglethey make me:sick0019::sick0019: this time round! the slittest tasate and thats it I am in the toilet throwing up!!!!!!

At first i was like thats not much but then i tohught about karen quote!!!! Even a little is alot!!!!! then when you look it is only 24hrs it is good.... I am just worried that i can't do the packs themselves if I could just do the water i would be ok!!!!

:grouphugg:Hi Mandy

Hope you are feeling a bit better and have not given up. Please let us know what you are doing either way.

Just to let you know I had gall stones 20 years ago, I was very slim, so it can happen to anyone.

Hi Everyone!!!!!!

Well my scales are all over the place last night they said i had lost 3lb today they say i have gained 4lb!!!! think I need to stay away from them!

I had a much better night last night......... My hubby had made me the crisps out of the chicken soup!!!!!!!!!! they were lovely........................... he has made me more for my dinner at work today and he is goign to make me soem tonight along with the ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes it a whole lot easier for me...........

I am in Ketosis and have been for a day or two now, so I know I can't be physically hungry but my stomach is growling and making noises like it is... plus i am just craving the food.......

1st Weigh in

I had my first weigh in last night, and for some reason was dreading it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got there early as went straight from work! stood on scales and lost 11lb so with the drop in on Thursday a total loss of 15lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how pleased was I:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Made it all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The low calorie diets do have gall stones listed as somethin that can happen, people have even had their gall bladders removed. My step mil has gall stones from her general bad diet, she's GOT to give up dairy and have eat low fat now, forever, she thought she was having a heart attack with the pain.

personally, after having gall stones I wouldnt do the diet again. I know over 7 stones sounds like a lot, but it is achieveable if you get your mind set in the right mode and think if you lose it by some other method thats it's going to take maybe 2 years, at least you wont be doing more damage to yourself. We lose weight for our healths sake, so it's not worth doing a diet that is harming us i dont think.

The low calorie diets do have gall stones listed as somethin that can happen, people have even had their gall bladders removed. My step mil has gall stones from her general bad diet, she's GOT to give up dairy and have eat low fat now, forever, she thought she was having a heart attack with the pain.

personally, after having gall stones I wouldnt do the diet again. I know over 7 stones sounds like a lot, but it is achieveable if you get your mind set in the right mode and think if you lose it by some other method thats it's going to take maybe 2 years, at least you wont be doing more damage to yourself. We lose weight for our healths sake, so it's not worth doing a diet that is harming us i dont think.

Hi Rowan :)

I don't think that Mandy was suggesting that her weightloss programme was harming her or anyone else regarding gallstones, after reading through the thread myself. I read how she posted about being relieved that she had lost weight with a VLCD and that due to this weight loss her gallstones had been able to be detected more easily, not that her VCLD had caused the gallstones.

I agree with you that there are many different methods to lose 7 stones and it depends on the individual choice at the end of the day, be it 6 months or 3 years to achieve that goal.

Lacey..:)

i'm saying after having gallstones - if a side effect to rapid weight loss is gallstones, and youve had them, ie prone to getting them, then i dont understand why anyone would push their luck like that.

Hi Rowan :)

I have also had the horrendous pain of gallstones years ago and long before I discovered vcld's. My doctor at the time said to me that the majority of the general public were likely to be walking around with gallstones and unaware of them as they were not problematic to them and he included himself in that.

I do believe that the majority of people who do decide to undertake a vlcd read about all the possible side effects and contra-indications and then make an informed choice.

Lacey :)

I have a client who has recently developed gallstones but, after consulting her doctor, he has assured her that this has nothing to do with her being on a VLCD although, of course, has recommended she comes off it whilst being treated. However, her GP is more than happy for her to re-commence the diet once the condition has been treated as long as she attends a regular check-up at the surgery just to make sure all is OK.

Nearly all the women in her family have been prone to gallstones at some point and it does seem that there is a hereditary link to the condition, certainly in her case anyway.

My advice is to always recommend anyone who has any concern about gallstones to fully consult their GP before embarking on any VLCD program - just to be on the safe side.

Back