Return to LT? should i or not?

Loser85

Gold Member
Some of you may remember me from a wee while back. Couldnt stick to the diet at the time as i was having problems with acid reflux. Anyways meds have been changed and am feeling better. Doc agreed losing weight would help too. Ive tried slimfast since xmas and lost a stone, changed to WW for a nice change for the new year. Turns out this doesnt suit my bingeaholic personality. Finding it really hard to stick within points.

Anyways the point to my rambling is has anyone else had this kind of problem diet wise? Not finding the right one for you i mean? Or does this mean im just a whiney moo? I really need to find the one for me and REALLY need to get below 20 stone. Im struggling as it is day to day. Need to be healthy for my wee girl.

Sorry for waffling....
Lisa xx

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry I can't help with the pills and such, I haven't had that experiance.

To be honest given my weight and stuff, this was the only diet for me. The weight loss is very quick and given my start weight, the weight loss is quick to get down to the bigger you are.

I was in the same boat, and still am. I'm by no means healthy but I'm alot healthier because of this diet, I can walk over 2miles and not be out of breath and I'm able to play alot more with my child.

No one can tell you what diet to choose as that is your personal preference. But I do reccommend this one, it does have it's down sides. But the weight loss you lose you'll be healthier and happier.

Good luck with your choice.

In all honesty what i want to do is just get healthy enough again. Im really not in it for vanity this time. (does this mean im finally growing up?!) I feel embaressed taking my daughter to nursery and seeing allthe other svelte and healthy mums. To get to a 'healthy' BMI i need to lose about 12 stone. Never been anywere near that weight (10 stoneish) Not when its mattered anyways. Im tempted to give WW a month and see how it goes. If im not impressed still then i think ill be LT bound.

Yeah hun, I'm in it for the same reasons. I hated leaving my house. I was much heavier then you when I started LT. And I'm not far off your weight now. I hated, going out felt so unconfortable. But I'm much happier going out now. And I feel alot healthier when I'm out. I'm able to walk a lot more without going red and puffy lol

I have 14st to get to due to my height, so that leaves me with now with 9st to lose.

Hi Lisa,
I have tried every single diet going and failed on every attempt until i found this one.
Having said that, this is my 3rd attempt at this but i knew this time that my head was in the right place.
I needed a diet that would enable me to hammer off a few stone pretty quick and i can't stick to something losing 1 - 2 lbs a week and then putting it back the next.
It's been a real hard struggle on here. My diary makes quite amusing reading to me now, one day it's brilliant and the next day everything is hopeless.
I've not been able to stick at it 100% until this week but i am delighted with the losses so far and intend to keep at it now.

FrozenAngel, i am in awe of you losing 12 stone before Christmas, that is one hell of an achievement and really is a fantastic inspiration to those of us who think we can't do it xx

Last edited:
Thank you crazy Kat,

I did lose alot and I'm gutted in myself that I let myself put back on weight because of stuff going on and I turned to food, lol. I'm very much back on track now with 6 days of 100% behind me and a loss of 18.5lbs so far.

Very tempted to return but as i said ill give WW a fair shot (4 weeks).

Have the prices gone up since last summer? I think it was around £35 the last time.

Frozenangel you really are a weightloss star and Karazy im glad you understand were im coming from. Have felt like theres been something wrong with me cos of this!

In case you haven't spotted it, can I suggest that you read the Sticky by Betsy Botox at the top of the 100% thread? She lost 12 stone on Lipotrim in 35 weeks. Good luck with your weight loss journeys.

Back