return to slimming world ???

kerrie11

hi there im kerrie 26 and currently 17st 6 lbs size 22

i have tried many diets including slimming world and im wondering should i go back ?

i never really tried wen i went last tym well i didnt try hard enough as i was up and down every week never lost more than 6 lb so will i try again and anyone any tips and advice ? xx

well I am starting sw again too
I will be starting tomorrow
my only advice is to trust the plan and to weigh and measure what you need to - dont start to estimate
good luck

I'd say def go back to slimming world. I used to be a south beacher but now am a true slimming world advocate, telling anyone who'll listen how great it is (I should be on commission!). The plan is so flexible with life, especially extra easy, and if you stick to it, you will definitely feel better and see the losses.
Good luck hon - this site is great for help and support, but I find going to group really helps me to keep on track too x

Hi there!!!

Only you can make the descision as to whether SW will be the best option for you. I LOVE it. Admittatdly my weight loss hasnt been fantastic due to personal circumstances, but the support I have recieved at class has been amazing! Im back on track now, Ive had a good week and am looking forward to going to class tonight!

Good luck on your weight loss journey and enjoy SW - the freedom to eat so much is brilliant and its about a different lifestyle, not a quick fix diet! xx

If you stick to it, SW will work. You just have to think what you what more - either to be healthy and slimmer, or eat rubbish and feel like rubbish.
Keep a food diary on here...believe me it helps. Also have a look at the other food diaries on here to give you some ideas.
At the end of the day, we can give you as much support and advice that we can, but its YOU that has to take it on board and motivate yourself.

Good luck!
x

I've found, (after MANY years of dieting) that slimming world is the easiest to stick to, but only if you don't see it as a 'diet'.
The hardest thing is to make the most of the free foods, Healthy extras and to use your syns without feeling like you're over eating. We've gotten so used to being told that to lose weight you have to eat 'less' that its difficult to get your head round eating so much yummy stuff!
Why don't you try the free seven day trial menu on the website.....eat loads of the free stuff and use your syns and see how you get on. What have you got to lose???
Good luck with whatever you decide. xx

Hi Kerrie,

I'm Claire :) I thought I would reply as my starting weight was 17 stone 6.5 pounds and I am 25 so we are pretty similar in age and weight!

If you wanted to give slimming world a go we could buddy up if you like and I can help out with any questions you might have :)

I'm on week 9 and have lost 8.5 pounds so far- going slowely but its coming off :)

If you have any questions or anything give me a post on my diary :)

Claire

Just to echo what others have said, any diet/healthy eating plan will work if you are in the right frame of mind to stick to it. The first time I tried SW my heart wasn't 100% in it, hence why it lasted about 3 weeks! I started SW again about a year ago, after the realisation that I wasn't happy with my weight and I was determined to change that.

I've not tried any other diet, so I'm probably biased, but SW is such an easy eating plan to stick to, whatever your lifestyle and budget. I would definitely try the trial menu on the website or from the magazine for a few weeks and see how you feel.

Good luck in what you decide to do - the fact that you've recognised the need to change your eating habits is the first big step.

Back