Returning - Hi Everyone

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie
Hi Everyone,
I'm returning to CD after a break .... not sure if any of you will remember me.

My journey so far -
Jan 07 - weighed almost 19 stone (at 5ft 3ins )
By Summer hols I had lost over 4 stone. I decided to have a break over holidays. I was worried that I would be dependent on CD and would put the weight on when I stopped. I ate sensibly for 3 months and stayed about the same.
Got a new job. Lost another half stone by Christmas.

I had a FABULOUS Christmas !!! It was great to buy clothes in 'normal' shops. Compliments were flying - a lot of people hadn't seen me for ages. I didn't realise how confident I would feel when I looked better. At size 16/18ish I intended to drop another stone or two.

Mid january my mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That was a shock. She was 67 yrs and really fit - a retired nurse. This cancer is fast acting and she died after 7 weeks - on 28th February. During the few weeks that she was ill we had a lovely time - took her to Rome, spent time together as a family etc. If there's anything nice about this cancer it's that person stays quite well until near end as symptoms are well controlled.

I also comfort ate - biscuits are my downfall and I ate them constantly, finishing the plate for visitors. I also ate sweets - I craved the comfort of sugar !

Anyway - I'm back at work and back on CD. I'm having porridge made with shake in the morning, shake for lunch then low carb meal at night (fish / chicken and vegetables). Not finding it difficult at all - experience tells me that it is possible.

Welcome back.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum, it must be so tough for you [hug].

Well done for getting back on the CD wagon, you've done it before and you can do it again.

Take care of yourself x

good luck

Good luck with your re-start, you can and will do it.

Sorry about your mother, do it for her memory.

Theresa x

So sorry to hear about your mum, but welcome back to Mini's, and HELLO, as we've not met before! xxx

Welcome back Ann-Marie:D

So very sorry to hear about your sad loss, best of luck on your renewed journey to slimdom;)

Back