Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Returning - Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Anne-Marie, 19 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm returning to CD after a break .... not sure if any of you will remember me.

My journey so far -
    Jan 07 - weighed almost 19 stone (at 5ft 3ins )
    By Summer hols I had lost over 4 stone. I decided to have a break over holidays. I was worried that I would be dependent on CD and would put the weight on when I stopped. I ate sensibly for 3 months and stayed about the same.
    Got a new job. Lost another half stone by Christmas.

I had a FABULOUS Christmas !!! It was great to buy clothes in 'normal' shops. Compliments were flying - a lot of people hadn't seen me for ages. I didn't realise how confident I would feel when I looked better. At size 16/18ish I intended to drop another stone or two.

Mid january my mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That was a shock. She was 67 yrs and really fit - a retired nurse. This cancer is fast acting and she died after 7 weeks - on 28th February. During the few weeks that she was ill we had a lovely time - took her to Rome, spent time together as a family etc. If there's anything nice about this cancer it's that person stays quite well until near end as symptoms are well controlled.

I also comfort ate - biscuits are my downfall and I ate them constantly, finishing the plate for visitors. I also ate sweets - I craved the comfort of sugar !

Anyway - I'm back at work and back on CD. I'm having porridge made with shake in the morning, shake for lunch then low carb meal at night (fish / chicken and vegetables). Not finding it difficult at all - experience tells me that it is possible.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Welcome back.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum, it must be so tough for you [hug].

Well done for getting back on the CD wagon, you've done it before and you can do it again.

Take care of yourself x

4. scorpio dawny

scorpio dawny keeps on trying

Start Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.7lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    So sad to hear about your Mum. Hope your restart goes well. x

5. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    good luck

6. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Good luck with your re-start, you can and will do it.

Sorry about your mother, do it for her memory.

Theresa x

7. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    So sorry to hear about your mum, but welcome back to Mini's, and HELLO, as we've not met before! xxx

8. bondgirl

bondgirl Member

Welcome back Ann-Marie:D

So very sorry to hear about your sad loss, best of luck on your renewed journey to slimdom;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.