Returning in the New Year

Good news (ish) my maths is rubbish! I have put-on 2 stone exactly in 6 months, not great I know but good in the fact I thought it was just over 3! so I have 2 stone 12lbs until I hit my goal. Hoping I'll get there for the end of march Although I know losses slow the closer you are to goal so end of April may be more realistic! Also my baby sister (well, she's 23! Lol) has just got engaged and has asked me to be chief bridesmaid!!!! So exciting! The wedding won't be for a year but in the meantime there are many dresses to be tried on and things to plan and I now have my first maintenance goal for after I've achieves my weight loss goal! Happy days! X

I can so relate to so much on this thread, I am restarting for the ? time, after a 4 stone loss last year that I regained! :sigh:

I am so determined to try and break through the barrier of 17 stone this time, I really need to do it!

So here's to a restart and good luck to us all!! :)

Hello all!!
I am also returning on the Cambridge diet as of tomorrow!! I lost 2 and half stone back in 2010, got my confidence back, started dating and slowly put it all back on. Im determined to make 2011 the year I lose this excess weight as at the age of 28 its starting to effect my health!

I would like to lose around 4 stone but to get my BMI into the right bracket I need to lose 6!! Seems a huge amount to lose but Im ready for the challenge! Just reading this site for the past 10 minutes has helped!!

Good luck to everyone else starting too! Heres to some amazing weight losses!!

Kimx x

Good luck to both of you! Any amount of weight to lose seems like a huge task but this diet really is fantastic for quick results but more importantly it helps you evaluate your relationship with food! I'm now officially in day 1 and had an uber lyin and am now at work til 5 so I can have a soup when I get home then we're having a film night so distraction there, second soup when my house mates have dinner and a lush hot chocolate shake before bed! Nom! Bring on ketosis! X

Hi guys I am with you all the way!!! Have added some of you as friends I hope you don't mind.

I managed to lose 5 stone from March to September 2009, but then I lost my job, broke up from my partner etc etc and over the last year and a couple of half ditched attempts of restarting I have managed to put on quite a lot (not sure exactly how much as I am restarting tomoro and havn't weighed myself as yet). I found minimins invaluable to be while I was doing well, a very welcome distraction and am hoping this will be so again.

Good luck to everyone, and I hope we can give each other so much support there's no way we can fail!!!

Well 2nd day in and my head has not stopped hurting! I know I'm probably not drinking enough- I do struggle with plain old water!! Remember this headache from my last time on ss! Lasttime I got into ketosis within 4 days so hoping it's quick this time too!!

Weighed in this morning and already losing - 3 lbs so far! Think this is mainly down to water retention! Seeing my CDC on Tuesday as using up old shakes at the moment- feeling slightly apprehensive and embarrassed that in going back afte piling the weight on last time :-(

1st goal is to lose 1 stone making me 14st 12 xx

Does anyone know whether you can take aspirin or similar? Will this help with the pain of ketosis?

I take paracetamol or ibuprofen if it gets too bad Ns haven't found it affects the diet but to be fair I'd rather do that than come off plan. I personally find that sparkling water helps me, it tastes a little like the soluble painkillers so think it works a little like a placebo for me and is part of my fluid intake!

Kimmi I am more than happy to accept your friend request although it's not something I've done (or knew you could! Lol) on this forum And I'll have to work out how to do it on my iPhone coz my laptop is currently in silicone heaven!

End of day one for me and stuck to it 100%! Woohoo! Even got through my housemates having a curry with all the trimmings and my boss having a subway with only a passing glance! :D Had my 2 soups and just polished off my hot choc orange shake Nom! Also got through 4 litres of water (combo of still and sparkling) a couple mugs of green tea (not as bad as I was expecting!) still feeling quite fuzzy headed at the moment so sleep is needed and definitely looking forward to ketosis but think i'm back on form and cannot wait for my weigh in on Thursday! Won't be a full week as I started today but still :) hope everyone else had a good day! Thinking slim! X

I do struggle with plain old water!!

Have you tried the water flavourings they do? I'm not a fan of them in still water, but I love them in fizzy water, and I don't like fizzy water on it's own!!! Really helped me last time when I got a bit bored of plain water. I also discovered peppermint tea which I LOVE now but never even thought to try before. Might be worth a go?

Well done 212degrees on day one! I have just completed day 3 and am well in to ketosis :D so hunger is gone. However I haven't drunk enough today - problem is when I am in ketosis I just don't feel like I need the fluids as the hunger is gone, so really have to force them down!!!

Right, profile has been updated! To keep me on track and remind me how far I've come and because I'm not quite as ashamed of stating what my start weight was (ie my heaviest before I started to do anything not necessarily my start weight on CD) so 100lbs down from my heaviest which was start of 2009 (and had been that weight for at least year) and now here I am with 40lbs left to my goal. Doesn't seem so daunting when I look at it like that! Think I can really do this! :D

Thanks Cazza! And well done on day 3! Fluids are difficult sometimes, I work part time in a bookies along side my main job so sat at a desk staring at an empty shop (it's soooo quiet in the evenings!) is quite motivating to drink lots just so I can leave the desk to get a refill lol! I completely agree with water flavourings! I love them in fizzy water!! Feels like a proper soft drink :)

Thanks for the info- have just come back from the supermarket armed with peppermint tea and sparkling water. I have heard about the flavourings you can get, will ask my CDC on Tuesday when I first see her. Another pound off this morning (I'm a serial weigher!) so at least I'm in the right direction but no ketosis yet :-( .

I haven't usedthis site before and doing so from my iPhone! Not sure about how to invite friends and so those clever ticker things!! Will get on the laptop later and have a proper look! Just having this thread to put thoughts down already is helping so thank you guys!!

15st 8 today x

Back