Returning to correct calories

velocicraptor

Hi There,

I have been restricting calories since July and although I am some way off from my healthy weight I am worried about how to return to the correct calories without seeing a rapid weight gain.

I have found a few tools which help you calculate the amount of calories you should consume to maintain your weight - so no problem there.

Is it simply a case of gradually increasing the calorie intake over a prolonged timeframe? If so, are there any tried and tested methods? I was thinking of increasing very gradually over a number of weeks. I am on just under 1600 per day now and at target should be looking to increase to around 2000.

Thanks for any pointers.

If your hair and nails don't look as good as they should, your calorie restriction made you take in not enough minerals. As soon as food becomes available, the body will eat anything and everything looking for those minerals. But you can prevent these 'super cravings' by juicing plenty of green and purple veggies which are high in minerals. 20oz of veggie juice is equal to 10 or more servings. You can get plenty of nutrition from fruit, but the soil world wide lacks minerals. So to get more, you need to take in as much as your body craves. My minerals are now high, and I am rarely hungry. I eat 2000 calories of raw plants a day. I am 5'8" and 130lbs. It's not the calories, but the toxins we store inside our fat cells. Plants have the lowest toxins:)

Gradually increase your intake by eating more lean protein andmore veggies. Don't eat more calories in the form of fats or too much fruit. Allow yourself a treat once or twice a week. Take it slowly. Your body will tell you what it wants. Of course, if you're hearing a call for doughnuts, you'll know that you're kidding yourself:D:D:D

Thank you for the replies - appreciated. Sounds pretty much what I had thought.

I am thoroughly committed to long term change so as long as Christmas doesn't cause to much havoc I should be ok. All the way through the weight loss so far I have allowed for red wine at the weekend and a few other niceties occassionally!

Been a stressful few weeks with impending house purchase and temporary lodgings so this will be a major test of resolve.

:p

Just be determined and anything is possible!

Back