Returning to SS after 6 months off!

hannah1309

Hi All,

Don't know if anyone will remember me, I lost 3 stone last summer on Cambridge SS, I went from 14st 5.5lbs to 11st 4lbs....

Ashamed to admit it but I crept back up to 12st 7.75lbs & restarted Cambridge last week, I am on day 9 and so far so good!!

Minimins helped me so much last time hence why I am back to hopefully keep me on track!!

I would LOVE to see the 10's on the scales, something I haven't seen since I was at school! :)

Hiya I did Cambridge in 2011 and lost 3 stone and am proud to say I haven't put any weight back on but I have restarted the diet to lose another stone I'm currently on day 2 and I'm finding it so hard already its meant to be my day 3 but I caved within 6 hours of stating how are you finding it because this time around is so much harder

Last edited:
Hi xjadierx

I'm struggling today (day 10) feeling sooooo tired, weak and have a headache!! :-( But having done this diet before I know it has it's ups & downs.... I had a sneak peak on the scales this morning and it said 11st8.5lbs which means I have nearly lost 1 stone in less than 2 weeks... woohoo!!

How are you doing? Have you made it through day 2 yet?? I think a re-start is always harder, I tried to restart last October but my head just wasn't in it so failed on day 3... Hope you are doing ok.... I'm off to drink yet some more water!! *yawn*

Hi can I join your thread, I'm restarting to tomorrow lost 19lb last summer kept the weight off for 6 months then Xmas gained 7 :( stayed the same since but determined to get last 10-14lbs off.

I had tried in January on ss but after two days just gave up. Feeling positive and determined to do it, got my birthday in April and a hen do in Essex so want to feel nice and seen a gorgeous dress I'd love to be able to wear.

Let's help each other, I found this a really big help last summer xx

Hello Hannah

I will join in as I am starting again tomorrow after failing last week. I remember when I was researching about the plan I came across your before and after picture where you had black under wear on. You looked great.

I am also starting at 12.7 stone and would like to lose 3 stone so here we go ladies xx

Hey Ladies...

How are you all doing?

I have so far made it to Day 12 - so far so good! I am actually having a night off plan tomorrow as I have had a night out with the girls planned for ages, but I will be straight back on plan again on Sunday (I came off plan last Sunday and straight back on it on Monday with no probs!)

Scales said 11st 7lbs this morning - yay! Thats one stone down!!! Can't wait for the weather to get better, need some motivation to start exercising!

Hope you are all doing well.... pinkpussy & happynic how's day one going? x

It's going ok. A stone in twelve days is amazing and you be at your goal in no time x

Hi Hannah

Hope you had a good night out.

Did you exercise before or even now on the diet because your losses are really good.

I was out Sunday with friends and definitely won't do it again ate way too much.

Hi pinkpussy what day are you on today is my first day returning to plan and to be honest I'm thinking about food already and its only 11am I have 2 stone to lose by the 20th may do you think this is realistic? Thank you

It's my first day also so we can keep each other motivated.

I think it's quite realistic. I'm hoping for 3 stone by the end of may.
I've found that its ok to think or even crave food but when you do something about it by touching the food it becomes a problem.

I comfort eat when I don't want to deal with my emotions so this journey should get interesting :)

I'm glad I've found someone who is also on day 1 I'm the same as you I comfort eat terribly Im also a awful boredom eater I find evenings are the worst that's when i seam to snack the most but we can do this we will be success stories :)

Hi girls,

To those who started yesterday, how did you do? How you feeling this morning? Slimmer already I bet!! :)

I had my weigh in yesterday - was quite annoyed as on my consultants scales I was 11st12, which means I'd only lost 1lb and a bit.... :-( I had one 'off plan' meal on Saturday, which completely through my out of Ketosis and made Sunday/Monday a nightmare, I was soooooo hungry! Feeling bit better this morning, and on my scales I'm back down to 11st8lbs!? I am no good with a Monday weigh in as every weekend coming up I have commitments which mean I have to eat at least one meal, not going to see my Consultant now until next Thursday as I am away this weekend so it will give my Mon/Tues/Wed next week to bring my weight back down!

When I did this diet last year I didn't have a social life at all, I did it 100% for 10 weeks without eating anything! My losses were great, I am just being impatient this time round and expecting the same losses even though I am having a day off plan each week!

Anyways a loss is still a loss as my partner says!! Come on girls we can do it!!!! :)

Slim for May!!! :)

Hi Hannah I started yesterday and im not gonna lie im starving lol but im keeping positive and busy so I'm not thinking of food so much when I did it back in 2011 I found it easy because my husband was away for 3 months I could have early nights and not feel overly hungry as I didn't have to watch him eating something I really wanted but this time he's home and my cravings are so bad already yesterday he came home with a burger king for us all and the smell of it all was enough to make me want to cry in his defence he had forgotten I started the diet yesterday but he had no problem in eating my burgerking as well as his own lol x

Back