Returning to VLCD.. but Dr won't sign form - Exante?

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
Hello you lovely people,
Back in the mists of time (well, it seems that way :p) I lost 5 stone on CD (with the support of minimins) and was a very happy bunny. Then I fell off the wagon big time and never managed to clamber back on it!!

Tried SW, it was great for 6 weeks and then the weight just stopped coming off. That and the fact that thinking about food all the time was exhausting, I jumped off that wagon pretty quickly. So, several years later, and carrying those 5 stone plus a couple extra that came along for the ride, I'm back looking at VLCD again.

Every diet I try is just so food-centric when really, I need to be taken away from food and given chance to get over it! I loved the freedom that I had with CD - not worrying about what I'm going to eat at all.
So, I went to meet a lovely lady - my local CDC - and learned about what's changed with the diet and what new flavours there are and I got really excited about starting the diet. Unfortunately however, my BMI is 42.9 and my Dr won't sign the form because they "don't believe in silly diets" and also because my blood tests show signs of inflammation. Even though they concede that the inflammation is "most likely" due to the arthritis in my knees that is caused by my weight they still won't sign the form. I'm fuming. I have 9 stone to loose to reach a BMI of 25 and conventional diets just don't work for me.

There's an advert on this site for Exante and as far as I can see, they don't need a Drs form signed. But is it any good? How many people are trying it? How does it compare to CD? What does it taste like?

Sorry this has become a bit of an Epic post/rant!! I would really appreciate it if some exante users could tell me a bit more about the diet - and not just the spiel from the website - what is it actually like to follow??

Thanks xxxxx :eek:

Haven't tried Exante but I have been doing Slim and Save (there is a forum on here) and prefer the products to the CD ones I've tried. If you email Rob, the owner, he may send you a couple of samples to try. Be warned though, the economy shakes are :yuk: but I like the premium ones. Most people like the spag bol and most of the bars too.

Having tried both CD shakes and Exante ones, I can honestly say that I much prefer the Exante ones! They taste nicer, almost creamy.

Go for it! xx

It's worth giving Exante a go and once your BMI is under 40 you would be able to go back onto Cambridge if you don't want to continue with Exante.

Irene xx

Thanks for your replies! The more I read, the more I'm convinced that exante should be the way to go. The £25 cost helps a lot too!!

I was surprised at how expensive Cambridge had become - nearly £60 per week! Eeek!

I've never tried Exante. But if I was you I'd certainly give it a go if the doctor won't sign the form. And then when you go below 40 bmi you could still go to Cambridge if you wanted to. It is annoying having to get that form signed when the doctor is not sympathetic. And if a person can get a gastric band on the NHS then why won't doctors sign. I'd think gastric band surgery was far more risky than a VLCD. Sorry for rant!!

Thanks for your replies! The more I read, the more I'm convinced that exante should be the way to go. The £25 cost helps a lot too!!

I was surprised at how expensive Cambridge had become - nearly £60 per week! Eeek!
Go for it i also did CD years ago now back on exante just ordered another bumper pack :) its great and the shakes are lovely and creamy.x

Back