Reverse Psychology!

LightRaven

What doesn't kill me.....
I dunno, I think I reversed Psychologized myself today.

You might have heard me talking about a giant chocolate sheet cake that is sitting around in my office... begging to be eaten....

So I haven't been getting along too well this week, although I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the scales will shift in my favor on saturday... but anyway...

I was going to eat a piece of that cake today. I was going to allow myself a piece once I was done with shipping our orders today. And once I was done shipping... I didn't. I didn't feel like eating the cake anymore. :eek:

Don't get me wrong.. I was hungry. I had been hungry for at least an hour and a half or more. But I just didn't feel like having the cake... and ate my SF snack bar instead. :confused:

Maybe once we resign ourselves to cheating your brain goes.. "Hey, Wait a minute!" Because I've been thinking about that cake all week. And once I was going to allow myself to have it.. it was like... "eh... nevermind...."

Now i wonder if I can do it again!

:8855:

LR

Good on you chick....I have to say sometimes I stand in the supermarket eyeing up things I really fancy. I look at it and practically devour it in my head and then realise that I dont really want it anyway and can walk on by....it really is a case of your eyes wanting something that your head does not so keep on going your doing great...and you know what they say as soon as someone says "you cant have that" you want it...by removing the guilt from it you find as you did that its not what you wanted anyway...lol...xx

how good are you lr! i know what i would have done he he! as you say if you say that you can have it then that want seems to go.

keep on doing that and the amount you've got to lose will fly out of the window. x

now thats determination, you should be v proud!! i too managed to skip tempation yesterday... the pastry aisle in tesco... i am never going down there again!!!

now thats determination, you should be v proud!! i too managed to skip tempation yesterday... the pastry aisle in tesco... i am never going down there again!!!

:8855:I used to get so mad when I went into grocery stores.. especially the Acme around the way from my work.. I always went in to get a salad... but the salad bar is right next to the bakery! What sense does that make?!?!?!

LR

Well done LR! :D
I can honestly say that I haven't slipped up once in 6 weeks,and thats because I tell myself I can have something but I don't want it! I've amazed myself!! I have a fry up every saturday morning and knowing that that is at the end of the week makes me stay strong :)

Well done LR! :D
I can honestly say that I haven't slipped up once in 6 weeks,and thats because I tell myself I can have something but I don't want it! I've amazed myself!! I have a fry up every saturday morning and knowing that that is at the end of the week makes me stay strong :)

:) So what exactly are you frying up?

LR

Any BTW, no slip ups in 6 weeks!!! :eek: you are a stronger woman than I!

LR

Thanks ;) I really am surprised at myself! i've usually got no willpower at all! But like I said i'm sure it's because I tell myself I can have it, but don't want it! And I keep picturing that pic of 1lb of fat next to a mug!
Every sat morning we go to a local cafe and have a fried breakfast.... sausages, beans, fried egg, potatoes, bacon and a bit of toast... i'm sure knowing that this is coming up every week helps with the willpower!

My mom bought eclairs last night.

... And I was going to eat one! but I didn't. But I did have like 8 jelly beans:8855:

I'm gonna keep trying this reverse stuff... :D

LR

Back