Rewards?

nelly_

Something to look forward too -

I know loads of us have set mini goals and they are rewards in themselves but has anyone promised themselves or has anybody else promised something if you reach your targets? :)

In January my OH had said if I was a size 12 by my friends wedding in July he would buy me an outfit and if I got to a 10 and maintained it till Feb 2011 he would bring me to New York shopping.
Then I started LT and they were taken off the table!! :giggle:

But I had set myself a goal to get into a size 14 and did so I bought myself a charm.

And when I get to my goal (eventually) and I going on a sun holiday. I would normally have booked one by now but not booking it until I reach my goal!!

Ive always wanted a pandora bracelet.... thought about getting one and for every stone i lost treat myself to a charm for it, but havent really got the money for it till my diets over ....so ill have to come up with something else not so costly lol x

One of the rewards i will give myself when i reach goal is a holiday somewhere very hot.

Also i've always wanted a Links of London bracelet, but have never been able to justify the price. So i have about 7 stone to lose so have divided the cost by 7 and each time i lose a stone i will give my mum a 1/7 of the price to save and then when i reach goal i'll have enough to buy it ... also think when i wear it will be a huge reminder as to how hard i had to work to get it and it will be inspiration to never get like this again.

charm bracelets are great, i have a pandora one!! I got it for Christmas. my mam and dad got my a chick in a hatched egg charm for easter because I had lots loads of weight.

some of the charms are reasonable enough, like that one was €22 but they do add up. The Links ones are lovely too, they have a great choice of charms.

lady24 you should keep an eye out on adverts.ie or those websites, i have seen a few pandora bracelets with charms pop and and very reasonable too.

thanks nelly, i will do... ill look at a few sites tonight and see how the prices vary because i really do want one, your easter charm sounds very nice btw :) x

When I reach my goal I plan to go on a huge shopping trip to New York. I'm also thinking about getting a new hairstyle, but unsure if I'm brave enough

Clair x

Ooooh New York!! I'd love to go back again as a slimmer me!!

My reward it my wedding. I want a dress that I choose and not one that I have to have because it fits! Oh and I'm sure there is something else. Oh yes the honeymoon!! Want to be able to lie on the beach and not feel like a hoard of Norweigans or Japanese is going to land and harpoon me!!

When I reach my goal I plan to go on a huge shopping trip to New York. I'm also thinking about getting a new hairstyle, but unsure if I'm brave enough

Clair x

I say go for it .. be brave .. new hair for the new slim you :)

Ooooh New York!! I'd love to go back again as a slimmer me!!

My reward it my wedding. I want a dress that I choose and not one that I have to have because it fits! Oh and I'm sure there is something else. Oh yes the honeymoon!! Want to be able to lie on the beach and not feel like a hoard of Norweigans or Japanese is going to land and harpoon me!!

Biggest incentive ever has to be a girls wedding .. oh imagine how great it will feel wearing your dream dress :) I'm excited for you lol

The bit about the beach .. haha .. i know that feeling

new hairstyle sounds like a great idea, after all depending on what you lose our face's will look so different and may suit a different style. hmmm

Crunchy your off your head lol, what a goal to look forward too though. you will feel like a princess when you get there. When is the big day?

I've done the new hairdo today as I'm about halfway to goal. I had waist length straight hair this afternoon and now I have a choppy layered do that sits on my shoulders and looks nice and funky.

My rewards has been that for every lb I lose I put a £ in a seperate savings account so today the balance is £41. I have around 85lb to lose so I figured when I get to goal I have £85 to treat myself with! The thing I will be using it for is to get some professional photos taken with a makeover. I got a voucher for a day of hair and makeover with photoshoot already so I can use the money to buy some nice photos.

16th October Nelly. Crikey just realised its exactly 6 months today!! Where did the time go!!??!!

a guess watch! i have wanted it for ages and will treat myself at goal i think! ........but my holiday i am slimming for it a treat too.......it cost me £1400! gulp! this is why i cant be fat and miserable on holiday!!

Photo shoot sounds good :cool:, I hate the camera though, wouldnt be able for that. might fell different when I am five stone lighter!!!! lol

Crunchy - thats exciting its far enough away for you to do what you need to and close enough to be mega nervous :love047:. I'm with my OH 5 1/2 years but we bought not one but 2 houses (ones rented) over the past 3 years and he was a student until 2 years ago so we are broke. I think an engagement is a long way off! fingers crossed I'll be happy at my goal by the time it comes around :D

Emmeclaire, I really believe losing weight no matter what way you are doing it is one of the hardest things people can do. If you get your goal, you deserve your treat!:girlpower:

Last time I was on Lipotrim my parent's matched me £1 for every lb I lost - I got a total of £100 when I finished the shakes and used the money to buy myself some new clothes.

I also had a new hairstyle - I'd always had long hair so to mark the end of my Lipotrim journey I had it cut into a bob.

My reward this time will be to fit into the lovely clothes I bought when I finished last time and to be the happy, confident person I was when I was at my target weight last time!

I would also like to have another baby - I can't do that if I'm overweight! x

Last edited:
my OH and i are both doing this diet, and refeed starts 01/05/10
7th May will be our 1st wedding anniversary, but we have agreed a reward of having a celebratory meal in the house together, and cooking the meal in line with the refeed instructions.
We decided to do this because we do not want to continue down our old path of rewarding ourselves with food!
Also, we are going on holiday in september with friends. We went last year and i was 15st7lb and felt horrible. My personal reward to myself is to go on holiday this year and feel and look fantastic. Hard work of maintaining ahead, but i want to achieve this so much!!
KT x

Putting £1 away for every lb lost is a fab idea - going to steal that one!
Hubby said he'll treat me to a new wardrobe (and a few bits of clothes along the way).
We are going to OZ on 12th December and thats my goal date i guess - the holiday is my treat!!

I'm heading down under in 6mths and I'm determined to be bikini beautiful for it. For each stone I lose I'm gonna get massage or some form of treatment to be uber nice to myself (since I've a tendency to really tough on myself)

Back