rhubarb

kevandju5

Maintaining
Hello everyone,

Wondered if anyone had a good rhubarb recipe? I absolutlely love rhubarb crumble, if you've go a low-syn version of that. Or how would I stew it? What quantities of water/sweetener should I use?

Thanks for any tips or recipes!

xx

I'm not sure of the syns value here, because you are cooking it, but what I do is wash it, chop it and put it in a microwaveable bowl with just a small amount (maybe 1-2 tbsp) of water or alternatively diet lemonade or diet ginger beer. Then I cook it for about 5-10 mins on high unti l it is soft. (The time is longer if your bowl is full). Once it's cooked I sweeten it to taste with sweetener.

For a crumble I've just sprinkled crushed weetabix on top and served it with muller lite .

You can also do it in the oven......just cut it up and put it on an oven tray or casserole dish with the water, cover and cook about Gas4 180ºC for 20 mins or so until soft then sweeten. It stays more in pieces if you do it this way.

At WW we used to make jam with rhubarb and sugar free jelly (which is synned on SW). Make the jelly up with the ½ pt boiling water then add stewed rhubarb (or other fruits such as frozen summer fruits is nice). Pour into a jar and leave to set. You don't add the cold water so the jelly sets quite thickly. It keeps in the fridge for a good few days.

Great recipe's, thank you. X

Back