Rhubarb

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
I eat very little fruit, at the most one portion a day, so when I spotted some british rhubarb, I bought some.
I have stewed it in a little water and splenda, and had some with 0% greek yoghurt, delicious.
How do I syn this?

The only bit you need to syn is the rhubarb as it's cooked - 0.5 syns per 198g

Thank you both.
So pleased about that, I used 600g raw weight before cleaning, and divided it into four portions once cooked, so had less than the 198g so really happy.

BTW noticed that Rhubarb was a free fruit, who on earth eats raw rhubarb?

Have you tried it recently?

I haven't actually, I think I will some time though.
I was put off by an episode of Bad Girls, they used the rhubarb to poison people, but it was the leaves that are toxic, not the stems...

Must investigate!! :D

I love rhubarb, it makes everything pink :) Is it not like cooking apples though, if you eat it raw it'll give you stomach pains?

The rhubarb mullerlights are lovely too.

I love rhubarb, it makes everything pink :) Is it not like cooking apples though, if you eat it raw it'll give you stomach pains?

The rhubarb mullerlights are lovely too.

Haven't tried a rhubarb mullerlight, will have to give it a go.

Rhubarb Muller, with a crumbled digestive biscuit on it, is one of my favouritest things in the world ever...
:D

I'm going to buy some rhubarb tomorrow I was shocked reading this post that It's only 0.5 syns for 198g stewed with splenda!!
I'm going to make some syn free meringues to go with it as a sort of substitiute for the crumble lol

I realise that this is now an old thread but thought it best to update this one rather than create a new one.
I bought some rhubarb today and was having a look for some ideas of what to have it with when I stumbled across this thread.......anyway, it says on here that it's 0.5 syns for 198g of cooked rhubarb, however, syns online states that its 0.5 syns for 100g, I wouldn't suppose that half a syn would make too much difference unless you intended to have lots and lots of rhubarb, in which case it would soon mount up, but I just thought I'd point it out anyway. Also you can have 450g of cooked rhubarb as a hexb. :)

Thanks Susyflo, I keep meaning to get some but just never seem to get around to it. I was one of those (as a kid) that used to eat it raw - dipped in sugar :D

I bet you could have a sort of crumble pud using a low syn Alpen light or Weetabix Oaty bar as a base with the stewed rhubarb on top.

That sounds like a good idea, will have to give it a try - I mean the alpen light idea, not raw dipped in sugar..yuk! :)

I've decided to have mine with some home made rice pudding (made with hexa milk)...hope it tastes ok.

Ive just checked the book and it definitely says 0.5 syn for 100g cooked!!! How can they just almost half the portion size!! :mad:

Back