Rice alternative on a red day

wannabeminime

Gold Member
Helloooo!

Does anyone have any ideas for an alternative to rice on a red day? I am cooking chilli for tea, rice for the kids and Bf, but what can i have??

Cheers! xx

Im not a chili fan, but if we're having spag bol, i just have the bol by itself! - sorry not much help! x

Jacket potato as a hex b, or you could try some mashed swede and carrot. This is why I don't have many red days!

Potatoes - skins on - chop into small pieces, spray with frylite, sprinkle on chilli powder, and oven bake. Works with curry using curry powder too.

the cauliflower idea sounds fab, am gonna try that one!

Shirataki (Konnyaku) Noodles show as free on the syns calculator for Green and Red so they would be ideal to try. Apparently they're quite bland but as long as whatever you're having with them is flavoursome that shouldn't matter too much. You can get them from chinese supermarkets or low carb websites.

i just have chilli alone, i had it last night was delicious even though it was quorn chilli

Some fab answers there ladies, thanks! Think i will go for the cauliflower tonight as i have some in, but i will try and get some of those noodles! Excellent! xxx

wowzers, am defo going to try the cauliflower x

Back