• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



rice pudding-i dont want to get food poisining!!

S: 11st5.0lb C: 11st2.0lb BMI: 29.5 Loss: 0st3lb(1.89%)
#1
when i make rice pudding with my hexa i always have to make it just b4 i want it(which is usually at like half 8 in the eve) lol but i can never eat it all as its so filling! i was wondering if anybody knows for certain whether i can make it in the daytime and keep in the fridge and then reheat half in the eve when i want it? will this make it taste weird? i was once told that reheating rice can give u food poisining :eek::eek::eek: any help would be great as id like to make some for my daughter today too:) thankyou xxxx
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
S: 18st2.5lb C: 18st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 41.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#2
My mum used to make rice pudding quite often (pre-SW!) and we used to reheat it the next day and never had a problem. It was always piping hot, and it never last more than the day after it was made ;) xx
 
S: 11st5.0lb C: 11st2.0lb BMI: 29.5 Loss: 0st3lb(1.89%)
#3
thanks again hun!! xxx
 
#4
as long as it is cooled down quickly and then refrigerated it will be fine. It is when rice sits for a long period at room temperature that it can grow bacteria. You should never leave it sat out on the side if you are not eating it straight away.

the below is from the Foods Standards Agency:

I've heard that reheating rice can cause food poisoning. Is this true?

It's true that you could get food poisoning from eating reheated rice. But it's not actually the reheating that's the problem – it's the way the rice has been stored before reheating.

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. Then, if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will germinate into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea. Reheating the rice won't get rid of these toxins.

So, the longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that bacteria, or the toxins they produce, could stop the rice being safe to eat.

It's best to serve rice when it has just been cooked. If that isn't possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within one hour) and keep it in the fridge for no more than one day until reheating.

Remember that when you reheat any food, you should always check that it's steaming hot all the way through, and avoid reheating more than once.
 


Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 0
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 1
Ask MiniMins 2
Slimming World 11

Similar threads



Top