Rigby's weight loss diary

Rigby

Hi all :) I'm not new here, I joined last year but have had a break for a while, from both the forum and from actively trying to lose weight. Now I'm back and I think it's time I started a diary on here to keep me on track and to help me with reaching my goals :)

I began 2010 weighing 15st 4lb and lost over 3st by calorie counting. I put a bit of this weight back on near the end of the year, which was my own fault, and now it's time to get things moving in the right direction again.

Currently I weigh 12st 11lb, which is a 5lb loss from where I started earlier this month. I'm now using My Fitness Pal: I've used calorie-tracking websites in the past but decided to make a new start this time round :)

My diary probably won't be a daily food diary: like I say, I'm already tracking what I eat and I think I'd feel like I was wasting time by doing the same on here too. However, I think it might help me to feel a bit more like people are keeping an eye on me if I'm talking about my successess (and slip-ups :rolleyes:) in public on here!

I want to carry on with my calorie counting and also to increase my exercise. I'm doing very little at the moment really, but the chance to post about it on here might be the encouragement I need, so we'll see!

Starting my diary thread on here wasn't a bad idea at all, it inspired me to drag out my mini trampoline for the first time in months, so I've been on there this evening :) I'm feeling determined!

Exercise this morning and just had 270 calorie soup for (late) lunch, mmm :) Today feels like a good day anyway.

I've set myself a mini challenge for between now and the end of May. I've got my longterm goal, of course, and mini goals I'd like to cross off my list as I reach them, but I thought a challenge with a time limit might be a good idea for me at the moment :)

Slightly over my calories tonight and have been very busy on an essay so haven't been able to fit in any exercise. However, tomorrow is a new day with no evening plans, so I'll see what I can fit in then :)

I had a naughty treat today, I bought a little pot of ice-cream at lunchtime :D I realise it's not a sensible way to use calories so don't do it often but it was a nice treat, and I'm not actually hungry now and am still under my calorie allowance for the day :)

Hey. Looks like it's a good restart! I never say no to treats! :p Just when I have them I know that I can't have a big dinner. :)

Hey. Looks like it's a good restart! I never say no to treats! :p Just when I have them I know that I can't have a big dinner. :)

My problem is often that I get hungry late in the evening, but fortunately last night I was tired and went to bed early instead so it wasn't an issue :) The ice-cream was so worth it though, and I did turn down the chocolate stick and chocolate sauce, so not as bad for my calorie count as it might have been!

Today is going ok, I've planned my dinner and am determined to not too lots of silly snacking later. I'm liking the warm weather, it's reminding me how glad I am that I lost a bit of weight last year and getting out summery clothes again is reminding me of how much I'm determined to stick with it again :)

Just weighed myself and I'm 177lb (12st 9lb), so I've lost 2lb! Chuffed to bits with that today :D

Sounds like you're well on track to losing 20% of your body weight!! (Had a nose at your signature! :D .)

Well done on the loss :)

Sounds like you're well on track to losing 20% of your body weight!! (Had a nose at your signature! :D .)

Well done on the loss :)

Thank you! Yes, not far to go for that goal now, and today also marks the half stone mark for my weight loss restart earlier this month, so it feels like another mini goal acheived in itself :) I'll probably have a lot of days of STS now, but I need to remember the happy feeling of when the numbers on the scales fall, as I know will happen again. All in good time :D

Hi Rigby

Well done on your weight losses so far! I am on WW at the moment but will be using myfitnesspal very soon when my subscription runs out. Great thing about this forum is it doesn't matter how you loose the weight it's
Just one common goal! I've lost 88 lbs so far with another 94 to go... Nearly halfway!
Look forward to getting to know you
Gem

Hi Rigby

Well done on your weight losses so far! I am on WW at the moment but will be using myfitnesspal very soon when my subscription runs out. Great thing about this forum is it doesn't matter how you loose the weight it's
Just one common goal! I've lost 88 lbs so far with another 94 to go... Nearly halfway!
Look forward to getting to know you
Gem

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, that's amazing :) WW and calorie counting seem to be so similar, I haven't done WW but it's the same concept, I suppose. I use MyFitnessPal at the moment just for ease and because I like the fact I can view my progress easily. Before I used that I've used other similar websites before but mostly just calorie-counted on paper or in my head. That's what suits me about it, it's so easy to do and so flexible :)

I've not had a bad couple of days. I didn't eat anything too sensible yesterday due to being out with friends all day, but didn't have anything too terrible either and was within my calorie limit. I'd been out in the sun so wasn't particularly hungry. Back to the healthier choices again now though :)

I'm still 12st9lb. I wasn't expecting another loss, but it's pleasing that it's not gone up a couple of pounds again. Sometimes I drop a couple of pounds and then it fluctuates a bit and I weigh heavier again the next day, but it's nice when that doesn't happen and it keeps me motivated!

Good for you....I haven't had the best of eating days ..my family never gives me chocolate for easter but this year I got three lots! Will have to try and space them out ! I did clean the car and have a walk so not all is lost and I intend to do a long cycle or walk tomorrow

Gem

I've lost another 1lb, so that's -3lb for the week :D I'm now 176lb.

I seem to have messed up the main ticker in my signature though :( It's the one with the grass/ladybird that was tracking my overall weight loss but now seems to think it's tracking my end of May target instead. Is it doing that for everyone else or is it just in my computer's cache or something?

Aha, think I've fixed the tickers :)

Yesterday was a bit naughty, I baked some biscuits as a test-run for some I want to make for a Royal Wedding party on Friday and sampling them took me over my calories by enough that the day wouldn't help me on my weight loss journey, but it shouldn't lead me to put on any weight. I remain optimistic anyway :)

I'm especially optimistic today because I've lost another 1lb! I'm now 175lb :D Today will involve better food and more exercise to make up for yesterday, the exercise is still what I need to get better at fitting into my day. Yesterday it was just a bit of walking, but I can't do exercise DVDs or similar at home unless everyone else is out, which isn't so convenient at the moment.

Been on the exercise bike for a bit anyway :)

I walked for an hour yesterday evening. I've done less today and I'm out all day tomorrow so my exercise will be limited, but Saturday I'll be back to getting more done. I'm looking forward to that :)

I was off my calorie counting yesterday because of the Royal Wedding. It had been a conscious decision not to try to count calories, it wasn't practical and although in the future I know I'm always going to have to be careful about my calorie consumption in order to maintain, I don't want to be thinking about calories all of the time at parties, so I figured a 'day off' wouldn't hurt.

Today my weight is up by about 6lb. I know that this isn't fat gain caused by yesterday, I didn't go completely mad with my eating and it just isn't possible. Fortunately I'm able to be quite rational and realise it's just going to be water, but it's still quite demoralising :(

Did some hill walking this morning and then some walking/jogging this afternoon, so having a better day today as far as exercise is concerned. I'm not very confident about my weigh-in tomorrow to update my weekly progress, I think it's going to be an increase on last week rather than a decrease, even though I've weighed in lower during the week. Oh well, we'll see in the morning :(

Back