Rigby's weight loss diary

Hiya it's really hard psychologically weighing in every day as our weight fluctuates on a daily basis. Good luck today but think about weighing in less often?

I've put on this week but not surprised as I've been completely off the food wagon!

Gem X

Hiya it's really hard psychologically weighing in every day as our weight fluctuates on a daily basis. Good luck today but think about weighing in less often?

I've put on this week but not surprised as I've been completely off the food wagon!

Gem X

Normally I don't mind weighing myself most days at all, I'm used to fluctuations of a couple of pounds here or there, it was the fact that I was nearly back to where I started that was a bit frustrating :( We'll see again in a couple of days anyway, I suppose.

I might as well write this down because I need it to be a positive thing for moving forward and not something to make me feel like I'm not achieving anything.

I've just weighed myself (admittedly I normally weigh in the morning and it's now 5:30pm, so that will make a small difference) and I'm 12st 13lb. Just a few days ago I was down to 12st 7lb, and when I restarted my calorie counting over a month ago I was 13st 1lb. This is why it's frustrating, I feel a bit like I haven't achieved anything. On the one hand, maybe I have lost some fat and the sudden increase is just extra water. However, what if I've not lost any fat at all and the weight loss I've been seeing has been that water all along? I know I can't have put weight on, I realise that, it's just so annoying and makes me question whether or not I've actually got anywhere at all recently.

I've just done some measurements and they are slightly reassuring. I last measured myself on 19th April, so nearly a fortnight ago. Since then I've apparently lost 2" from my waist, 0.5" from my thigh, 0.5" from my upper arm, 0.5" from my calf and nothing from my tummy. Those measurements suggest something is changing, I just even doubt those with the massive weight fluctuation, and find myself wondering if I measured inaccurately last time :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'm sure some better days are coming, I suppose I just need to stick with it and stop worrying/moaning about it :eek:

In better news, I'll have the house to myself more often over the next few weeks so can do more exercise at home, other than just walking. My mini trampoline and exercise DVDs can make a comeback! :)

Lack of updates on here, sorry. I've not been doing brilliantly over the past few days: haven't been going mad and eating silly things, but have been over my calorie allowance and haven't been so sensible with the exercise.

I need to get back into my good habits!

I've exercised this afternoon and am really determined to get back into my healthier eating.

One thing I have been doing is improving the number of press-ups I can do in one set: when I got back into my 'diet' early in April I could barely do two or three, now I have done sets of up to eleven, so I'm improving. I've still got flabby arms because there's fat there I need to shift (lots of fat :() but I can really feel the muscle in there again now, like I could last year. Yay! :) Now if only my legs were toning up too...

Back