Right 1st in on week!! Ive done it b4 so ill do it again!!!

rach1987

Right ive got a goal!!!!!

Im going to try to loose a stone in one week with a vlccd!! Ive done it be4 ill do it again !!!! Wish me luck

meal diaries to follow xxxxxxx

I agree really, I think that when you do that, you're not really learning anything about how to change the habits that got you to put that stone on in the first place, so it's hard to keep it off.

Also, this is the calorie counting section, there is a VLCD section as well. Unless you mean that you're going to do it yourself, instead of using something like Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet in which case, I'm sorry but I can't wish you luck as you're doing something that's actually very bad for your body. VLCDs like Lighter Life have got doctors and nutritionists behind the scenes carefully planning out the shakes, bars, soups etc so that each one is nutritionally balanced so that even though you have very low calories, you're still getting all the nutrients that you need. If you're going to do that yourself then you won't be getting those nutrients, it's impossible to. Even eating 1200-1400 a day I make sure that I take multivitamins because of that. DIY VLCDs are not good for you in any way, yes you lose the weight, but you'll be losing muscle as well as fat, which will lower your BMR and make it even easier to put the weight back on after. A VLCD should ALWAYS be a supervised and medically planned programme, never just something that someone plans out themselves. I know that it's only a week but quick fixes don't work, ever. You'll lose the weight, keep it off for a couple of weeks maybe and then put it back on, probably with at least a few extra lbs because of your decreased muscle mass and sending your body into starvation mode. If you really want to lose that weight then there are plenty of people here who can help you to lose it in a healthy way and yes, it will take a little longer, but it's better in the long term for your health and also your chances of keeping it off.

Well you tend to get a big loss on the first week anyway. But you can't really tell the difference straight away if you get me? Dunno.

If you are doing this i do hope its only for a week though. I was eating very little cos id not been able to stomach much for a while. My iron got so low i passed out like 3 times.

thank u for ur posts

hi there this would only be a short term thing,NO WAY LONG TERM . its a week long body detox,ive put so much rubbish in my body over xmas that i thought id have a detox to get back on the straight and narrow, and then kicking back off again with slimming world once finished, ive lost a stone in a week in the past , and i felt so much better for a clean inner body, im still going to get the check up from dr first ,b4 i go ahead,.

Good luck :) sounds like youre being sensible. How many calories are you planning on allowing yourself?

Good luck :) sounds like youre being sensible. How many calories are you planning on allowing yourself?

first of all thank u for being so positive for me, many people judge. im thinking manybe 1000-1500 to be honest need to add up all calories . i need a kisk start , people are of cause are aloud there owns views, but i know this has worked in the past, its got me on the straight and narrow

That's not so low hun. That's fine. Most of us here aim for a minimum of 1200. That seems pretty much fine to me to be honest :)

Oh, 1000-1500 is fine! A VLCD, officially, is anything below 700 I think. So what you're doing is cutting your calories but not actually a VLCD, doesn't worry me so much now at all! I'm sorry if it came across as judging, it wasn't my intention at all. I've just seen people try and do VLCD diets themselves and it really never ends well and can be really bad for you. But what you're planning is still a safe amount so there aren't any health risks to you really, especially if you're talking to the doctor about it which is great. Good luck!

My Apologies Rach if you thought my post was unsupportive - I didnt mean it that way.

I just meant that you must have some willpower to be able to do it - and good luck to you if you can as I know I couldnt.

.... and now I re read your post and see you are doing 1000-1500 so in future I will read properly!

Let us know how you are doing.

BB x

Last edited:
Oh, 1000-1500 is fine! A VLCD, officially, is anything below 700 I think. So what you're doing is cutting your calories but not actually a VLCD, doesn't worry me so much now at all! I'm sorry if it came across as judging, it wasn't my intention at all. I've just seen people try and do VLCD diets themselves and it really never ends well and can be really bad for you. But what you're planning is still a safe amount so there aren't any health risks to you really, especially if you're talking to the doctor about it which is great. Good luck!

ahh i see , sorry prob my fault . i thought vlcd ,was just a low cal diet :rolleyes:. i couldnt go down to 700, no way, but a massive pat on the back for people who do that requires a hell of alot of strenght. no honest ur find. didnt think u were judging me . thank u for ur good luck x and for ur possitive comments

My Apologies Rach if you thought my post was unsupportive - I didnt mean it that way.

I just meant that you must have some willpower to be able to do it - and good luck to you if you can as I know I couldnt.

Let us know how you are doing.

BB x

babybear honest ur fine, i didnt think that at all. i just need to get the ok from drs,got a different appointment for wed,so i let u know if yes or no. im following slimming world till then :D

Wow! You lost weight with 1000/1500 cals? Amazing :) ive started calorie countinf and attend SW groups hehe i have so much to lose!! Sticking to 1000-1200 cals a day x need to lose 4 stone! First aiming for 2 stone x

hi there sos havent been on here in a while , i couldnt start the low calorie diet in the end ,i wanted to go lower on my cals to 800 a day, but doc said it wouldnt be the best idea for me as only had little one 4 mths ago, hes told me to contiue slimming world as i am still loosing (very slow mind u), and if i stop loosing then to go back to him and he will design a diet plan for me :cry:, he said i need to loose slow to keep it off. if i loose too quick im more likley to put double back on :eek:.

on the plus side its made me reaslise that lowering my cals so quickly would make me grumpy and not very energetic, im a mum of 3 boys ,i need my energy. so im sticking to slimming world.

I'm glad that your doctor was so honest and supportive of you, they're not always very good! And I'm really glad that you can see the reasoning of it, your health and looking after your little boys are what's the most important to you and a fast weight loss isn't worth damaging that. It might be coming off slowly but it's coming off and that's what matters. With 'dieting' I really believe that it's a case of slow and steady wins the race. So good luck!

Hi rach,
I did a vlcd for 2 weeks and I was so grumpy, no energy, lots of bad headaches and I found my hair started coming out. It certainly didn't agree with me. I did it 5 months after my little boy was born cause of all the weight I had pilled on. I did lose 10 pound thou but it wasnt until my 11year old son told me I wasn't a very good role model for him the way I was eating that I had to stop. He said why don't I eat sensible and exercise!
If it was only that simple.
I'm now having 1200 a day with lots of healthy foods.

Abby x

Good luck on slimming world :)

Back