Right back were I started

meerkat_nat

IMG_20160108_111333.jpg
I joined SW in 2013 after being dumped and eating my feelings for best part of 6 months after.....
I hit the ground running and lost 4 St in 5 or 6 month's. I felt amazing,had the best year ever and then became a serial rejoiner for another year.

So much so I cant go bck to that group, I feel soooo stupid and they must think im a joke, I have more SW books than I have hairs on my head.

So I offically let it go 6 months ago and am bck just were I started. But thats my fault and I accept that after a year of denying I had depression.

But this is a new adventure.....I know what to do and for now iam just warming up,,havnt joined a class yet as I start a new job in a week and I dont know what time I will b getting home from my commute.once I know were im at I will join a group but the food choices changed a week back on nye when I simply had had enough!!

I already feel physically and mentally better.

Why I waited so long i dnt know but itas like waiting for a cloud to lift, u just cant do it till ur ready.
So this blog isnt so much about numbers yet as my scales at home are dodgy and its about my journey and state of mind till I join a group x
:eating::(:confused::mad::banana_dancer:

Last edited:
Welcome :) You had amazing losses before, and you know it works. Often its the head space we are in that dictates whether or not we can succeed at that moment. I know I have been where you have and for the past 18 months have faffed about with the plan, idding myself that it'll work when I haven't been 100% committed. I guess at the back of my mind I knew it WOULD work, if I only knuckled down. Glad you are feeling in a better place, you know you can do it and this forum is great for support and ideas x

Welcome :) You had amazing losses before, and you know it works. Often its the head space we are in that dictates whether or not we can succeed at that moment. I know I have been where you have and for the past 18 months have faffed about with the plan, idding myself that it'll work when I haven't been 100% committed. I guess at the back of my mind I knew it WOULD work, if I only knuckled down. Glad you are feeling in a better place, you know you can do it and this forum is great for support and ideas x
Thank you Catherine, may we support one another x

Thank you Catherine, may we support one another x

Absolutely :) It sounds like you're in a much better place now to really focus your energy. The groups available to you when you've settled in to your new job, are they the same as the one you were a member at before? I think I've been a member of every local group at one point or another! x

Hi, I'm in the same situation. I nearly got to target at the beginning of last year but lost my way a bit. I tried quick fix diets which led to huge binges and now I'm back where I started 3 years ago!
Hopefully, this will be the year we succeed.
Good luck

I'm the same, I lost 3st last year then I stuck to the SW plan breakfast, lunch and dinner and pigged out on crisps as a treat at night. I didn't weigh myself so didn't see the lbs creeping back on until my clothes wouldn't fit. I'd gained 2st 11 in the last 3 months, 1 stone just over Xmas, but new year new me. It'll happen for you too, your the only person who can stop yourself so don't get in your way and this time next year you'll feel and look great.

Iam in my second week now and today I feel slimmer dont get me wrong but iam having one of those challenging days were u wanna eat everything in sight, havnt had time to cook or get organisedand am in work tomorrow.
So ive had to eat what I have in, frozen Thai green curry, tin of ravioli and tons of fruit thats left

Todats mood :(

Remember this is a long journey and sometimes we just have to make the most of it. I've been out to a friends for lunch with no control but it's one meal and I'll make the most of the rest of the week. At least you've eaten on plan and not delved into the bad stuff

Hiya here to sub :)

First off you are in a great place now...Minis is full of people willing to support you :)

Weight-loss is a massive journey in my opinion and the biggest battle during it is the one being waged in our own minds. 2016 is going to be the year I finally reach target also so hopefully we can pull one another along :)

How are you getting on today? Did you sort something to take for lunch? x

I bought new scales, big mistake. I officially know what I weigh and Iam disgusted!

I can't believe I've let myself go so far, what ever I weighed at my heaviest, add on another stone :(
I seriously feel sick to my stomach coz my other scales were way off and I've been dieting for two weeks nearly!
Oh god I shouldn't have bought new scales, I feel sososooooooo ashamed and devastated!

Oh dear, come on now, its not that bad, and its nothing that can't be fixed. Just remember, there's people on here that would give their right leg to be your weight. Stick to the plan and watch those pounds drop off. Its not about what the scales say, its about how you feel about yourself.

I bought new scales, big mistake. I officially know what I weigh and Iam disgusted!

I can't believe I've let myself go so far, what ever I weighed at my heaviest, add on another stone :(
I seriously feel sick to my stomach coz my other scales were way off and I've been dieting for two weeks nearly!
Oh god I shouldn't have bought new scales, I feel sososooooooo ashamed and devastated!

Firstly, I apologise for " liking" your post...lol...it's not that I liked it cos it was good, I liked it cos it essentially sums up how I have felt about my own weight loss battles for the last 17 years!

Sweetheart, don't be so hard on yourself. The main thing is , you are here, you are changing these bad food relationships, and you are wonderful.

Now put that self-deprecating attitude back where it belongs ( in the bin) and crack on !

Xxxx

Hey meerkat_nat - green eyed monster is right; being hard on yourself is wasted energy.

Be proud that you have turned a corner, and are taking steps to make a change. You said in your original post "I already feel physically and mentally better" - the scales can't take that away from you, they just show you a number that you want to change: let them motivate you, not discourage you.

I've been in your shoes, as have many people on here, and yeah, we all get frustrated that we didn't start trying to make changes sooner, or that we worked like Trojans only to lose our way and go back to square one. It's ok to make mistakes and wobble but don't give up.

So many people on here have got your back and know how you feel, so keep the faith - you have totally got this

Please don't be ashamed or devastated at what you weigh. You have decided to do something about it and will never see those numbers again. In a few months your starting weight will be a distant memory and you will be super happy at what numbers you're seeing on the scales. X

Definitely don't be so devastated at your weight, be proud of yourself that you have taken the hardest step of getting weighed and admitting to yourself that you want to do something about it. You're on track now, take it one day at a time. You know the diet works, cook yourself some lovely SW meals and plan ahead. Before you know it you will see the pounds melting away and you will feel amazing! xx

Hi. Im a rejoiner after loosing 5st (3 with sw) for my wedding in 2013. After taking my eye off the ball Im almost back to where I started. I was very annoyed with myself when I saw the scales 11 days ago, especially as I threw out all the clothes I promised myself I'd never need again...but here I am. I've forgiven myself, drawn a line under the sand and started fresh at a new club. I'm ready to work through those numbers again and I'm looking forward to seeing myself shrink. Be kind to yourself and take it one bit at a time. We can do this!

I took my eye off the ball with regards to my weight 24 years ago. Since my late teens, I have had terribly unhealthy eating habits; too much chocolate, sweets, cake, biscuits, crisps, creamy sauces, takeaways, no sensible portion control what so ever, dabbles with SW, weight watchers, Slim fast, Dukan, 5:2, starvation diets, appetite suppressants, making myself sick, you name it.
Now, I am back on SW which, is really the only maintainable healthy eating 'diet' that I can stick to as I am never hungry and can cook meals the whole family can enjoy. Yes the weight loss is slower than on some vlc diets but it is healthy and easy to stick to.
It took me all these years to get as unfit and fat as I am so I realise it is going to be a long, slow journey to get it off. But, it is worth it. We are all worth it!

How is everybody?...... since xmas i lost 2.5st approx and now iam back on it to try and loose up to 2 more.

Hope everybody is well

Back