Right here it goes again (attempt three)

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
well the first two attemps went great, no they really did.
first attempt oh back when the days were red or green - did green days and went from 17st2lb down to 10stone and size 12 perfect jus a healthy BMI
then our wonderful consultant Sue died: her replacement will be known as C in case anyone knows her
totally uninsprational all clappingtalking to her friends and not asking questions of the groups long term members or letting them give experiences to new members
a lot of us left we used to meet at the same time in the pub over the road and compared our progress in there it was really brilliant
as soon as this group fizzled out I sort of gave up went up from a 14 to a 20
joined the same group but about 6 years later still the same woman but this time seemed much better but as my weight went down hers went up and up she admitted to being diabeticand her amount of insulin kept going up
I reached a plateau that I could not smash through in 16 weeks she said what do you want me to do I have given you all the help I can

so I left now I know the plan changed and I have know idea how much or what
I am sure you will help keep me on the straight and narrow and help where you can
I have my old book think its yellow and an old syns directory they will do me fine for now

good luck on your journeys every one off to join a challenge or two

well the first two attemps went great, no they really did.
first attempt oh back when the days were red or green - did green days and went from 17st2lb down to 10stone and size 12 perfect jus a healthy BMI
then our wonderful consultant Sue died: her replacement will be known as C in case anyone knows her
totally uninsprational all clappingtalking to her friends and not asking questions of the groups long term members or letting them give experiences to new members
a lot of us left we used to meet at the same time in the pub over the road and compared our progress in there it was really brilliant
as soon as this group fizzled out I sort of gave up went up from a 14 to a 20
joined the same group but about 6 years later still the same woman but this time seemed much better but as my weight went down hers went up and up she admitted to being diabeticand her amount of insulin kept going up
I reached a plateau that I could not smash through in 16 weeks she said what do you want me to do I have given you all the help I can

so I left now I know the plan changed and I have know idea how much or what
I am sure you will help keep me on the straight and narrow and help where you can
I have my old book think its yellow and an old syns directory they will do me fine for now

good luck on your journeys every one off to join a challenge or two
I'm doing SW from home, so haven't had the official details of changes to the plan - I think some of the main things are you now get two HEX-A per day. Some things which used to be allowed as HEX-B no longer are and some previously free foods now have syns - yogurts being one. I'm sure there'll be people on here who can advise far better than I can, but happy to help as much as I can.

Good luck x

2 healthy a is great I take it its still 2 b

I like total 0% yoghurt is that still free and I like activia 0% so will allow one syn for them
I will just ask on here if I am stuck

The board seems very quiet I know at one time it was not running I think a lot left then non of my old lot seem to be here even though we all got great results before

One of the best things we ever did was to think of treats new book or magazine new lippy nail varnish flowers bubble bath - oh lots of things then write them out and put them in a pot draw one every half stone and treat your self - pedicures were on the list - cant get one of them and cant reach me toes to do one but can do manicure so will be making my list tomorrow :)

It’s one HEX-B

non flavoured yogurts are free - natural fat free etc. Flavoured have syns. I have activism ones and they are 1/2 syn each. I like your list idea. Might give that a go
thanks for that information I will write my list on here its my diary so I might as well be as transparent as I can
Well we went out shopping BUT I drove us in my car where as Hubby went last time and the blue goves were in the shogun so got right there turned round and came back again so he has gone on his own now

I really dont sleep well I have bipolar social phobia and severe panic attacks and the bipolar often stopsme sleeping if I am manic and if depressed awake because I am crying

so on the shopping list is COUS COUS going to make a huge cous cous salad which will do the two of us two days going to put tinned salmon in it
and tonight I am going to have 5% fat frozen chips which I think are only about 5syns for 150g so will add 6 incase they have gone up but I am so unused to having an xtra health B I dont know what to do with it also syn spending has always been difficult but I want to start with 105 a week and count them down
this morning I wrote down all the reasons I have for wanting to lose the weight they are on the mirror in my bathroom (sounds posh) but I prefer a bath so only use the ensuite for the loo everything else is done in the bathroom
weighed with just pjs on yesterday so will do the same every week going to do my measurements now in jeans and a teeshirt and will do the same every month on the first as it more clothes size I am interested in

I am so motivated this time and its not the wedding that is just the icing that is in two years and me I would leave it till the last year

so my reasons for losing the weight

I have high cholesterol (genetic) so want to keep that down
high blood pressure (want to come off meds)
Bipolar I might be able to reduce my meds
Less arthritic pain
Knee replacement will be easy with less weight
Less risk of diabetes (both parents had type two)
I will look better
better self esteem
more confidence
I have beautiful clothes I would love to wear again
more energy to play with my friends children
people wont stare for negative reasons (sure it my paranoia)
exercise will be easier so leading to a better shape
cravings will diminish
I want to be able to say NO to food I want but dont need
I wont feel guilty or demoralised if I slip due to progress make
I will feel great when I resist
and I want more bedroom fun hubby likes me as I am but we had more fun when I didnt weigh so much (tmi I know)
wedding
so looking at that list I have nothing to lose and SO much to gain
this is here so I can read it every time I forget

I must remember I am like a Kitchen towel roll
as the weight comes off it doesnt show much at first like taking off one layer of tissue per half a poiund lost (which I will do) but as you lose the weight and get closer to your target each sheet will reduce the size much quicker

that is a long post - off to right out all my treats now
Hubby has bought me a pandora bracelet and beads one pound bracelet then each half a pound a bead

well I feel better for seeing that list in print

Its sunny here in wales hope the weather is good with you off to find your weight loss yesterday :)

FOOD FOR MONDAY 30/3/20
Breakfast
30g oats (HXB)
yoghurt and fruit (free)

Lunch
thai style noodles (mug shots ) used to be free but adding 2 syns and apple and banana

dinner
cous cous (lemon and corriander (used to be one for the pack but I will less than half a pack so 2 syns
with chopped toms cue peppers apple onion (makes up half the salad)
one tin of Salmon Lemon Juice

I have been having tea and coffee to use healthy A but cant find anything for a healthy B oh well for a day or two it wont matter

SO I make that an approx syns amount of 4syns
starting syns 105-4 = 101

The abive was tuesday food

Wednesday 1 4 20

I get boring for breakfasts
over night oats 1HEX B
lunch
small wholemeal roll 6syns bacon medalions brown sauce 1syn and apple and banana
Dinner
as last night so free
snack 2 cow biscuits think 2 each and higlights 2
so 13 syns
101-13= 88 syns

yes its a boring update but so is my life at present

off to listen to the news the stats are getting scary so keep safe everyone

Hope your evening has gone ok. There’s a new challenge been created. Here’s the link:

quarantine challenge - set a goal for how much you’d like to lose by the end of April as a starter as no-one knows how long quarantine will last. I’ve signed up and a few others have to. Will be good I think and hopefully more will join in yet
:)

ok so food for today

really boring

same breakfast and dinner
so HEB

fruit or lunch as had breakfast late
2 small cow biscuits 4syns

highlite for later 2syns

milk for tea HeA

SYNS 88 - 6 = 82

if I am hungry I will have a small bit of cheese (in fact can have that as other healthy A) not eating if not hungry though

tomorrow apart from breakfast food will be a little more interesting

I have just found your diary - good luck with your weight loss.

I was on SW many years ago in a lovely group and did well with it, but there isn't a group in my area these days so when I started again I did it from home for a couple of years. It was OK at first but I found it hard to stay motivated and bumbled along for a while until reading about and starting Keto last Autumn - mainly because my husband was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and it is known to help with that. It has worked brilliantly for both of us as we've both lost about a stone and a half and his diabetes has been reversed. The tasty food is a nice bonus!

I think a good consultant makes all the difference, but I have found that this place can be a great help and the challenges make you feel encouraged and accountable. "Soon to be mother of the bride" - when is the wedding?

Manxy64 I have been looking for your diary - do you have one?

How are you and yours keeping I do hope it never got across the water to you -but I bet it has even if its only come over with deliveries

not surprised about no group on the island :) me I have moved to Wales and all the classes around here are in Welsh and I have not learnt enough Welsh yet - not that they are running at the moment so like you I only have here to keep me accountable
brilliant that you have found a plan that suits both of you that makes cooking easier - me we just eat a meal based on the same thing so if he has steak egg and chips I would have chicken salad and chips the actifry is being used the two meats can be grilled together and salad/eggs is easy

cant even what I ate yesterday BUT I know it was about 11 syns so starting with 71 today

today same old overnight oats
lunch half a pita with ham and salad no dressing I am calling that 6

dinner the same with a pack of mini cheddars so I am allowing 13 for that
that will be syns left
58 till monday should manage well

Ooops, hit Enter by mistake!

Unfortunately it has made its way here. We were about a week behind the UK but the government here put the island into full lockdown a week ago and the only people allowed to arrive by boat or plane are residents coming home and key workers, who need government approval before they can travel. The first death on the island was earlier this week, which has cast a chill and hopefully those who weren't taking it seriously are now.

Yes we're lucky to be eating the same food and enjoying it, which makes things easier. I do the meal planning and most of the cooking but he has started to cook some of our favourites; moreso at the moment as he's working from home and has more spare time in the evenings. It's good that you are planning your meals to have some of the same food and SW gives you lots of choices.

Oooh, Mini Cheddars! I haven't had those for months and they used to be a favourite treat :) Hopefully you find the forum and the challenges a big help to keep you on track

Miss SB and Manxy64

Hope you all all those you know are doing well
and stay well

My neighbours have all been allowed to use the carpark that is ours with our property their visitors just need to leave a number on the dash board so we can contact them if we need to

BUT why has my neighbour had a visitor for a couple of days now unless they have all had the virus then its not on to have visitors at this time Admittedly he did come to ask us and they dont usually but I still think its irresponsible she should now stay there until the ban is lifted (I do wonder if she is one of the sons girlfriends off university from easter onwards - but still (AIBU)

why is it we keep mentioning food the other likes :)

I got on the scales this morning and have lost 3 but it wont count tomorrow but I will be eating far more today as I am starving

breakfast as usual
lunch bacon tom and lettuce pin a pitta no mayo (10) for pitta ??
dinner will be steak chips toms mushrooms and peppers etc

so 10 for the pitta
58 syns -10 is 48 so from now on I might allow myeslt 10 syns a day and see how I get on

Yes we’re fine thank you although I’m not sleeping and having some very odd dreams. It doesn’t seem right that there has been a visitor. Unless they’ve been tested most people won’t know for certain if it’s coronavirus that they’ve had and at the minute the rules are the same for everyone. I can see a point where they’ll be relaxed for those who have definitely had it, but we are not there yet. It’s hard not seeing those we care about but we’ll end up doing it longer if we’re not all following it.

You are doing brilliantly. I must admit I occasionally have a cheeky mid week weight check but I try not to as my weight can fluctuate quite a bit day to day. It can be tempting though, especially whilst quarantined I sometimes hear the scales calling to me!

Your food today sounds lovely. If I get my 2 stones lost tomorrow I’m going to order some steak as a treat

thank you - and I shouldnt jump on and off the scales (at my weight I am likely to break them) but as you say sometimes its just TOO tempting

steak is free so its a good one if you need a food treat :) :) mine was planned we are eating out of the freezer and using stuff up in the order it has gone on I have another tomorrow as DH is not that keen so he had chick that needs to be used

weigh in day

and first week (but I was already eating mostly slimming world)
this really does need some pom pom waving 4lb down that for me even on a first week is amazing nearly 2% of my body weight gone
I honestly expected and would have been very happy with 2lb :)

so darlings I hope you all get what you should this week - looking at diaries its should be good for all of us

Back